3708 replies to this topic

#881 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:08 PM

So getting rid of D'Antoni does what for this upcoming season, from a positive standpoint/

b/c as a consequence, we will have 4 coaches in 4 seasons and THAT's the TRADEMARK of a team that does noty get it.

We need to give him this One season, at the least. 

• 40,373 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:10 PM

So getting rid of D'Antoni does what for this upcoming season, from a positive standpoint/

The most obvious it gives us a far better chance of keeping Dwight and it gives hope that we can actually have someone lead this team who will maximize our best players' strengths.

yo.

#883 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:43 PM

So getting rid of D'Antoni does what for this upcoming season

You should be smart enough to know the answer to this question.

Mike D'Antoni is a bad head coach. I don't understand why you can't come to terms with that.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#884 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,984 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 24, 2013 - 08:57 PM

The most obvious it gives us a far better chance of keeping Dwight and it gives hope that we can actually have someone lead this team who will maximize our best players' strengths.

How does it give us a far better chance of keeping Dwight if Shaw is unavailable and Phil doesn't want to coach again and would rather be a consultant instead of a coach so he can work up to an office position? }

If we want to hire a coach that's "better than D'antoni" hire my father, he is a better coach and when he coached me when I was a child at the YMCA our team would run the triangle and he was special forces so none of the players would mess with him and he'd demand respect and he's rooted in California where he played high school ball and I have a picture of him blocking Bill Walton's shot on my wall.  

Call me Mitch!! ! :bounce:

Edited by Majesty, June 24, 2013 - 09:01 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#885 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:22 PM

I think if we get Phil Jackson or Jerry Sloan or Larry Brown, we have a coach who is better than MDA totally

if not those, it's a crap shoot. 

Hollins? I like him, but proved NO MORE THAN BROWN OR D'ANTONI .

I'm sorry.

i'm not going to go in BLAME mode. 

this isn't a WITCH HUNT.

Maybe you can say D'Antoni is the NUMBER ONE REASON for Kobe's injury, but you can't blame any other injury on HIM.

I don't think those other guys are great.

i like Doc, but Celtics know exactly what they were doing by trading them to Clippers.

The league is against us in a big way, and the Commish's office don't care because we pull in ratings win, lose or draw.

• 40,373 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:50 PM

The league is against us in a big way, and the Commish's office don't care because we pull in ratings win, lose or draw.

Didn't know you could draw in basketball. Thanks for the knowledge BasketballIQ.

yo.

#887 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,984 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 09:56 PM

Didn't know you could draw in basketball. Thanks for the knowledge BasketballIQ.

Of course you do.     It's how the coaches show the players what plays they want to run.

It's usually on a surface like this

halfcourt.gif

and now you know :)

#888 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 10:00 PM

I mean win or lose, we draw(in fans and ratings).

• 40,373 posts

Posted June 24, 2013 - 10:02 PM

Of course you do.     It's how the coaches show the players what plays they want to run.

It's usually on a surface like this

halfcourt.gif

25393885.jpg

yo.

#890 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 25, 2013 - 08:03 AM

b/c as a consequence, we will have 4 coaches in 4 seasons and THAT's the TRADEMARK of a team that does noty get it.

We need to give him this One season, at the least. 

No, our trademark as a team is a bunch of morons that are keeping D'Antoni as a coach.

We have to start rebuilding, and we ain't doing that with this guy.

Posted Image

#891 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 25, 2013 - 08:47 AM

So tired of Mike D'Antoni.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#892 beethoven31

beethoven31

Rookie

• 396 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted June 25, 2013 - 06:16 PM

I think if we get Phil Jackson or Jerry Sloan or Larry Brown, we have a coach who is better than MDA totally

if not those, it's a crap shoot. 

Hollins? I like him, but proved NO MORE THAN BROWN OR D'ANTONI .

I'm sorry.

i'm not going to go in BLAME mode. 

this isn't a WITCH HUNT.

Maybe you can say D'Antoni is the NUMBER ONE REASON for Kobe's injury, but you can't blame any other injury on HIM.

I don't think those other guys are great.

i like Doc, but Celtics know exactly what they were doing by trading them to Clippers.

I like the idea of Jerry Sloan coaching the lakers... A coach with a finals experience and a better PnR coach(Stockton to Malone) i'd suppose... but im not sure if he can control kobe from playing 48 min once he comes back.

Larry Brown is also good, more control over the team.. Good defense strategies and makes nice adjustments in Offense(Pistons/Sixers)but I think he'll clash with Kobe or Dwight at some point..

If MDA stays, it's either Dwight bolts now or demands trade within the season..

Posted Image

#893 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,988 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted June 25, 2013 - 06:39 PM

Main reason I want D12 back at all is simply is the Lakers from Mitch to Buss are so interested in appeasing him to stay, then they would be willing to get rid of MDA. In reality MDA's bigger supporter in the locker room was Kobe (the whole Italian thing). Of course many commentators have been mentioning just how much say Kobe has at this point in his career with the new regime also varies.

If Sloan came and coached, we would get whatever hype Doc/Clippers got 10 fold, Still, Sloan would not baby D12 at all. People say Karl or Hollins, which both have nice positives. But since PJ left, so many people have wondered when and where Sloan would come back, even though now he is Jazz consultant.

I really don't care if MDA is still coaching this upcoming season unless we have an abysmal record, it's if he is still the coach AFTER the Lakers begin to sign and trade for free agents by next offseason when they get all their cap space. I still just view him as an interim coach until something sure comes along.

#894 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,984 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 06:45 PM

Main reason I want D12 back at all is simply is the Lakers from Mitch to Buss are so interested in appeasing him to stay, then they would be willing to get rid of MDA. In reality MDA's bigger supporter in the locker room was Kobe (the whole Italian thing). Of course many commentators have been mentioning just how much say Kobe has at this point in his career with the new regime also varies.

If Sloan came and coached, we would get whatever hype Doc/Clippers got 10 fold, Still, Sloan would not baby D12 at all. People say Karl or Hollins, which both have nice positives. But since PJ left, so many people have wondered when and where Sloan would come back, even though now he is Jazz consultant.

I really don't care if MDA is still coaching this upcoming season unless we have an abysmal record, it's if he is still the coach AFTER the Lakers begin to sign and trade for free agents by next offseason when they get all their cap space. I still just view him as an interim coach until something sure comes along.

Fyi Jerry Sloan didn't have interest in coaching us, even said he never talked to the Lakers about a coaching vacancy, and recommended that they should get Phil.   :laughing:

#895 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,746 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted June 25, 2013 - 07:37 PM

Seriously, even though I am biased, name me a worse coach than the bum the lakers keep trotting out. I feel confident in saying MDA is one of the worst, if not the worst, coaches in the league. Lets not forget he tried to kill Kobe. And when some of you feel like he wasn't that bad, remember gasol shooting threes.

Edited by KobeWillReturnTriumphant, June 25, 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#896 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 25, 2013 - 07:41 PM

Seriously, even though I am biased, name me a worse coach than the bum the lakers keep trotting out. I feel confident in saying MDA is one of the worst, if not the worst, coaches in the league. Lets not forget he tried to kill Kobe. And when some of you feel like he wasn't that bad, remember gasol shooting threes.

Tyrone Corbin, Randy Wittman, Dwane Casey, Terry Stotts to name a few.  

#897 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,746 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted June 25, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Good point. My esteemed MDA is in their company nonetheless.

#898 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,033 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 07:47 PM

What is funny is that all of the stuff we are saying about Mike D'Antoni is what we were saying about Mike Brown.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#899 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,064 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 25, 2013 - 07:51 PM

I think everybody is hard on mike d because he has been given talent. In Phoenix that roster was loaded. Lakers. Knicks. He's been given talent. But doesn't know what to do with it. From what I see he's not a hard worker. He's not a players coach. I get the sense that he is not liked in the locker room. He makes no adjustments. Gets out coached constantly. He may not be the worst in the league but he is near the bottom

#900 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,984 posts

Posted June 25, 2013 - 07:52 PM

What is funny is that all of the stuff we are saying about Mike D'Antoni is what we were saying about Mike Brown.

Yep yet when you look back on it, Mike Brown had the right system, he just didn't know how to coach it properly but he KNEW what the team needed.

Remember he was the film guy and the assistant so he is good at those type of things.  He knew the style that would benefit the team the most, implementing it was just what he was having trouble with. 

D'antoni on the other hand completely threw it out.

I watched back some old games of ours and in the pre-season of us running that offense, and when I think about it, we got a lot of easy shots, and when we didn't get lost on plays we looked pretty good.

Was a LOT better than what D'antoni tried to have us run through mid january.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users