#801 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 13, 2013 - 08:14 PM

More like tell him theres already enough trash on the streets of LA, we don't need more.

Can't we just steal Miami's fans to help with that?

noah-finger-634x422.jpg

#802 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 13, 2013 - 08:40 PM

Can't we just steal Miami's fans to help with that?

noah-finger-634x422.jpg

That couple look like classic bandwagon fans lol

Edited by LakeShow805, May 13, 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#803 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted May 23, 2013 - 04:52 PM

Remember back right after the Lakers season ended, and there were multiple reports that D'Antoni was going to be hiring a defensive assistant?  

Well there are some interesting rumors swirling (some speculation, some from within the organization) around right now that Jim Buss actually was OK with letting MDA go towards the end of the season, but backpedaled after they closed the season on a good note. 

Then, after Kobe's injury, Mitch gave Mike the "vote of confidence" (yeah right coughMikeBrowncough) that he was going to be around and that he could hire defensive assistants. 

Here is where things get goofy...apparently there is a relative [expletive] show going on in Laker management right now with Jeanie trying to make a power play.  Mitch Kupchak (rumors again) has told MDA to freeze all coaching searches for assistants - it is why we are hearing of all these current Lakers staffers going elsewhere - and NO RUMORS of replacements yet. 

This is predicated on 2 things: Dwight's pending FA and the average price season ticket holders are willing to pay is going DOWN.  

Jeanie is working very, very closely with Jim right now on figuring out how to best keep Dwight Howard, and Phil Jackson's recent media rampage is not coincidence.  Jim is APPARENTLY WILLING to let go of MDA as we approach the first week of July.  He will not let MDA go before then though.

Again, the biggest thing for fans to watch right now is the HIRING OF NEW ASSISTANTS.  From what I hear, as long as this internal battle is going on in the FO, hiring is on freeze.  The freeze will end with either new assistants for MDA or new assistants for Phil.

Good news? Bad news? Well hell, I don't even know if this is news. But I said I was 100% sure that MDA would be back, but from what I hear...Jim & Jeanie are working out other plans.

Edited by Calisupra2nr, May 23, 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#804 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,727 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 23, 2013 - 04:55 PM

And while this is going on Phil is on every TV show talking about "never coaching again" and was on Time Warner talking about how awesome of a sight it will be to watch Kobe pass Jordan on the all time scoring lists and just did a Sunday Conversation saying he was closer to Kobe than to any other star he's coached.

I think I agree with you.

Skeptical as I was things the last few weeks have been way too "convenient"  at this point I get the feeling we all know what's about to happen, or at least 90% sure it's going to.

But Buss nor Mitch is going to make the move until they are SURE that Dwight is returning.   They don't want to make the mistake of Cleveland or Orlando in letting go of the coach and the player still going elsewhere.

Edited by Majesty, May 23, 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#805 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted May 23, 2013 - 05:07 PM

I came here thinking we got some real news about MDA being ousted but then realized the OP was all speculation.. Ugh

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#806 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 05:07 PM

Yeah...the media is really going to have a field day trying to crack this behind the scenes process.  

I just hope that I dont see a news article that we are about to hire a defensive assistant for MDA..

#807 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 05:09 PM

I came here thinking we got some real news about MDA being ousted but then realized the OP was all speculation.. Ugh

From my understanding what I posted is actually occurring.  I would not have posted/changed my position on MDA's future if that wasn't the case.

#808 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 05:13 PM

From my understanding what I posted is actually occurring. I would not have posted/changed my position on MDA's future if that wasn't the case.

Your post was mainly assumption near the end. But do you have a "secret" source? idk you so i dont believe in your credibility. We won't know about anything till [expletive] actually goes down.

Edited by Ham, May 23, 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#809 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 05:25 PM

You're post was mainly assumption near the end. But do you have a "secret" source? idk you so i dont believe in your credibility. We won't know about anything till [expletive] actually goes down.

The last 2 paragraphs of my post were the opinion piece on my end based on rumors that are going around right now from people I have heard from.  I understand that you don't know me. I don't think anyone here "knows" me. And I don't expect you to believe me.  I went to college with some very industry connected people, specifically close to the Lakers organization.  Beyond that, I am not a reporter, so I don't have sources, which is why I said at the end "Hell, this might not be news" because these are my friends who happen to catch wind of this stuff sometimes.

I dont really care about if people believe what I have said or not - we will see if its legit when the time comes, I just wanted to say that I my guarantee that MDA will be back is no longer valid because of what I said in the OP.  

#810 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 813 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 23, 2013 - 05:27 PM

a lil off topic so ok so here i am reading about how hollins contract is done after this playoffs

just thinking how great it would be if the lakers are waiting after the playoffs to talk to hollins

would be a great coach for the lakers with his defense and inside game

#811 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted May 23, 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'd be devastated if MDA doesn't come back. He is set to ascend the pillar of greatness next season....right after Bill Fitch.

#812 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,521 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 23, 2013 - 05:34 PM

If the Lakers fire D'Anton it will probably be the biggest move in basketball this offseason.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#813 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 05:36 PM

If Lakers fire MDA, we should throw a parade... real or not I really hope he does get ejected from LA.

#814 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,193 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 23, 2013 - 05:42 PM

To see Jim eat crow twice.... That's something.. We shall see. Hope the rumor has some truth to it
Posted Image

#815 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted May 23, 2013 - 06:04 PM

Only in Los Angeles....

#816 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted May 23, 2013 - 06:05 PM

I will attend the lakersnation parade when he is jettisoned.

#817 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 820 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 23, 2013 - 06:16 PM

I'm not going to hop on the "anyone but MDA" train just yet, despite my extremely negative opinion of him. Obviously Phil's return would be the best case scenario, but a semi-young coach that can coach defense and motivate his players, along with Phil's influence in the front office would be nice as well. Nash would be far deadlier than Fisher was in the triangle; his shooting stretches the floor as defenders often sagged off of Fisher in the past. Dwight would get what he wants and become the primary post presence. Phil knows how to use Pau as well in the offense. If this is true, I'm glad Jim has the maturity to admit his mistake, and that he is willing to let Jeanie have a measure of control as well for the benefit of winning. Cautiously optimistic, but if MDA stays, I've already accepted it. Thanks for the post!

#818 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted May 23, 2013 - 06:21 PM

Stephen A. Smith reported that Buss was contemplating letting MDA go right before they went on that run to end the season.

#819 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 23, 2013 - 06:33 PM

Agree with the OP.  I get the sense that these Dwight "rumors" are pointed and sent for a reason.  Bring back Phil and Dwight has absolutely no reason NOT to re-sign...

MDA getting fired for Phil is the most likely outcome IF Dwight is interested in staying...

And Dwight doesn't want to have to say it...he wants the org to take care of that for him.

#820 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 820 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted May 23, 2013 - 06:34 PM

Stephen A. Smith reported that Buss was contemplating letting MDA go right before they went on that run to end the season.

Double edged sword right there. The run was more of an inevitable effect of the talent of our players rather than MDA. The guy's brought nothing good whatsoever to LA. When you have people ask: Would you miss the playoffs to get rid of MDA, that's bad. If the question is MDA or Dwight, you choose Dwight without hesitation. If he isn't the franchise centerpiece, he can be a great force with a second star we bring in 2014 (my hopes for Paul George). One star teams don't win in this league anymore.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users