3708 replies to this topic

#721 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,251 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:05 PM

Why would McMillian be an assistant, I never thought that could happen. Scott Skiles on the other hand.

I was hoping Nate could've been assistant last year since he was unemployed and had no offers. This upcoming year is an entire different story.

#722 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,167 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:05 PM

You know what will make my day?  If Mike Brown rehired as Mike D'Antoni defensive guru. Imagine, the so called "offensive genius of 7 seconds or less" paired up with the "defensive minded guru" in 2008.  Lakers fans will be celebrating for sure.  Obviously it wont happen cus Mike Brown already got hired.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#723 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,167 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:06 PM

Can we hire Dale Harris? Atleast he's able to take a nick van exel team farther than MDA did when we were in the playoffs.  We actually won a game or two.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#724 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,770 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:13 PM

He probably will so he can take less heat.

#725 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Now that the Lakers are out of the playoffs, Coach Mike D’Antoni can turn his attention to moving into the house he and his wife, Laurel, just bought in Manhattan Beach for $6.9 million.

Set on a walk street, the ocean-view home features a three-stop cherry-paneled elevator, which should come in handy for carting beverages from the 2,000-bottle basement wine cellar to the 400-glass wine bar on the top floor. The open-plan house, built in 2003, includes five bedrooms, five bathrooms and 5,000 square feet of living space.

The D’Antonis have listed their Colonial-style home in Rye, N.Y., at $6.95 million. The 7,142-square-foot home features seven bedrooms and eight bathrooms.

D’Antoni, 61, came to the Lakers this season after a four-year stint with the New York Knicks. He won the NBA coach of the year award in 2005 while with the Phoenix Suns.

Bryn Stroyke of Stroyke Properties was the Manhattan Beach listing agent, according to the Multiple Listing Service, and Cynthia De Garceau represented the D’Antonis.

http://www.latimes.c...0,3381192.story

#726 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:15 PM

Hmm....Mike Krzyzewski anyone? O_o.

#727 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:17 PM

He's staying at Duke. 

#728 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,160 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:21 PM

He's staying at Duke. 

and not going no where 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#729 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,160 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:23 PM

Kurt Rambis as a defensive coach  would be greatly appreciated 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#730 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 401 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:36 PM

Was my choice after PJ left.. But everyone is right, no way he's leaving Duke.

I always thought it would have been a good fit due to his excellent Olympic record and the fact that had Kobe went to college he was going to Duke.

#731 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,167 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 12:55 PM

That coach and player relationship is all BS.  Just because Kobe likes Coach K and wanted to go  to duke doesn't mean he can coach Kobe.  And the measuring stick about the USA team to me is all getting out of hand. Having a good record in the olympic doesn't mean crap as a good head coach. Last I check they have full of hall of famers on the team. Even a Mike D' Antoni can be undefeated with those players in the olympics. Oh wait....he did coach the USA team right?  So what does that tell you? Nothing.  Oh yea and another thing. Kobe met MDA when he was a kid in Italy and he admirer coach MDA. How does that turn out?  So this notion that coach K likes kobe and kobe likes coach K doesn't mean crap. 

#732 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 880 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted May 02, 2013 - 01:00 PM

Awesome!!! Let's put a band aid on a gunshot wound :D. This will not fix his other well known deficiencies such as player management and mentoring, bad rotation schemes and inability to adjust offense to personnel. Also him CONSIDERING a Defensive Assistant is like me CONSIDERING to enter the 2013 NBA draft lol.
This man turned down defensive guru Tom [expletive]en Thibodeau to assist him at Phoenix. If DAntoni stays which is looking more likely then adding a Defensive Assistant should be compulsory for the FO whether DAntoni wants one or not. I'm not saying it will fix anything but it can't hurt. I would much prefer they let DAntoni go. However if or should I say when his tenure ends here at LA, the failings have to rest on the shoulders of the FO for not doing the right thing. Anyway who are the realistic options available for this Defensive Assistant role?

#733 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,706 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 02, 2013 - 01:01 PM

Kurt Rambis as a defensive coach would be greatly appreciated

Rambis hates D'Antoni. You can tell by his halftime shows and post-game analysis on TWC. He would never be an assistant to that man, as he probably believes he'd do a much better job as head coach.

#734 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 02, 2013 - 01:12 PM

Why do I have a feeling it won't make any difference?

#735 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,497 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted May 02, 2013 - 02:03 PM

Defensive assistant? That will fix everything! I'm stoked.

wtf-video-of-the-week-o.gif
iyjywo.jpg

#736 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 401 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted May 02, 2013 - 02:07 PM

That coach and player relationship is all BS.  Just because Kobe likes Coach K and wanted to go  to duke doesn't mean he can coach Kobe.  And the measuring stick about the USA team to me is all getting out of hand. Having a good record in the olympic doesn't mean crap as a good head coach. Last I check they have full of hall of famers on the team. Even a Mike D' Antoni can be undefeated with those players in the olympics. Oh wait....he did coach the USA team right?  So what does that tell you? Nothing.  Oh yea and another thing. Kobe met MDA when he was a kid in Italy and he admirer coach MDA. How does that turn out?  So this notion that coach K likes kobe and kobe likes coach K doesn't mean crap. 

I'd still roll the dice with Coach K if he were willing.. Anything is better than what we have now.

#737 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 02, 2013 - 02:28 PM

is it possible to demote head coaches?  :hmm:

#738 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 02:41 PM

Coach K has what Phil has.  Complete respect from every player.  Hmm... you think that might have been important on a team full of hall of famers and all stars?  Great coaching hire, there, Jimbo!

#739 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,389 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 02, 2013 - 02:52 PM

There's a reason Coach K never made the jump to the NBA level.  Let's not overrate him cause we like him.  He is a great NCAA coach, and that's where he should remain.

Edited by Majesty, May 02, 2013 - 02:53 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#740 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 02, 2013 - 03:04 PM

I'm all for Alvin Gentry coming here. Has a great relationship with Nash and loves Kobe to death. But I would prefer McMillan over him. Or both would be nice...

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)