#681 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,432 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 01, 2013 - 11:48 AM

I was listening to ESPN 710 a bit this morning and M. Willard brought up a point I was wondering during the entire damn series against the Spurs; Just where the [expletive] was MD at when Dwight was getting clobbered the whole time? No mention of it in the post-game interviews? No lobbying for calls from the officials ala Phil? Dwight is a big part in whether MD stays or goes and I'm surprised MD didn't have Dwight's back more in that series. Speak up for your damn superstar if he's not getting a fair shake with the officiating, make it known to the league and the refs that you think it's BS that your player is being jobbed on the court. Show him you have his back.

MD can't get out of here fast enough.

#682 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,323 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted May 01, 2013 - 11:58 AM

MDA is never a vocal guy against the refs. I don't remember the last time MDA get kicked out of a game.  But having said that, he do need to speak up more especially against one of his superstar. But its not him.  He wouldn't even do that for Kobe let alone D12.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#683 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,699 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 01, 2013 - 12:08 PM

He doesn't like to confront anybody. He's a wuss. Straight up.
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#684 WWBD

WWBD

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 12:13 PM

GET OUT, D'Antoni.

#685 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 03:55 PM

Lakers fans chant, "We want Phil" as Mitch passes by.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#686 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:11 PM

“I think Dwight likes winning and he likes performing at a high level. I think he’s fine with Mike D’Antoni, but I’m not really concerned if a player likes a coach. So I don’t ask that question. Our coaches are evaluated on wins and losses. That’s how we evaluate the team so I’ve never came out and asked a player, ‘Do you like this guy?’ That’s really not relevant to me.”

- Mitch Kupchak

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#687 Blax

Blax

Rookie

• 522 posts
  • Name:Blax
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Threatt, Rodman

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:23 PM

Dear Jim Buss, 

For the love of St. Mary, please let Pringles go and bring back the one person that can take us back to the Finals! Man up and walk to Jeannie's office and beg her to convince PJ that the magic number is 12, not 11. 

Sincerely yours, 

Millions of Laker fans 

#688 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,769 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:39 PM

If Pringles is still the coach next season I don't think I'll find myself watching many games...

Edited by AnnoyingCustomer, May 01, 2013 - 04:39 PM.

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#689 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:40 PM

What I find funny of what Mitch said is that it is the opposite of what he said after they fired Brown. After they fired Brown, he said he would consult Kobe and see if he is okay with X coach.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#690 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted May 01, 2013 - 04:49 PM

He said coaches are evaluated on wins and losses?

MDA was terrible win loss wise and he has been his whole career. Come on Mitch.

#691 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,108 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:28 PM

He said coaches are evaluated on wins and losses?

MDA was terrible win loss wise and he has been his whole career. Come on Mitch.

We went 28-12 in the last 40 games and only lost twice at home in those 40.

That's all Mitch cares about. 

And We'd have gone 30-10 if Pau wasn't terrible while getting re-acclimated after being out for so many games.

Mitch as he has said before gave D'antoni a break in the first half of the season for trying out new things and seeing if he'd change his system.  If D'antoni hadn't listened to Kobe and kept trying to implement his system he'd be gone right now and we wouldn't have made the playoffs. 

But the strong close to the season is why D'antoni is still here.,  Rest assured if he kept trying to force his offense on the guys we wouldn't have made the playoffs for one, and he'd have been fired for two cause we'd have stayed in the 10th ranking and possibly even dropped further.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#692 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 05:45 PM

And We'd have gone 30-10 if Pau wasn't terrible while getting re-acclimated after being out for so many games.

Mitch as he has said before gave D'antoni a break in the first half of the season for trying out new things and seeing if he'd change his system.  If D'antoni hadn't listened to Kobe and kept trying to implement his system he'd be gone right now and we wouldn't have made the playoffs. 

But the strong close to the season is why D'antoni is still here.,  Rest assured if he kept trying to force his offense on the guys we wouldn't have made the playoffs for one, and he'd have been fired for two cause we'd have stayed in the 10th ranking and possibly even dropped further.

How many minutes was Kobe averaging?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#693 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,108 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 01, 2013 - 06:34 PM

How many minutes was Kobe averaging?

Not what Mitch thinks about.

If the problem is Kobe's minutes then Mitch has a GM mindset.

His thought process is

"If Kobe is averaging too many minutes, then it's up to me to surround the team with better more consistent wing players to take some of the pressure off Kobe while he's on the bench."

Why do you think Meeks(who was signed to do just that) has a team option on the 2nd year?

Mitch did that in order to see whether or not Meeks would be able to take pressure off Kobe in the first year and then decide whether or not to keep him for a second. 

Meeks didn't. 

That's where Mitch's thought process goes.

I told ya'll after he fired Mike Brown that he was done looking at "personnel(coaches etc)" for problems and was gonna start focusing on players.

This stays true to form unless we start the season next year with a bad record.  Then he(D'antoni) would be fired.

Mitch was the same way with Mike Brown.

Kobe averaged too many minutes that season.

Mitch upgraded the players at the positions he felt necessary.

Lakers started the next season with a bad record despite this and Kobe still had to play heavy minutes.

So Mitch fired the coach.

Now it's the same process all over again.

Kobe played heavy minutes.

Mitch is gonna retool the roster.

If we start next season with a bad record

Mitch will fire D'antoni.

Is anyone surprised?

Edited by Majesty, May 01, 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#694 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,278 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted May 02, 2013 - 07:51 AM

http://www.cbssports...gundy-hot-names

* With the Lakers in full-on evaluation mode after getting swept in the first round by the Spurs, coach Mike D'Antoni is actively exploring his long-standing desire to add a defensive-minded assistant. D'Antoni's first choice is believed to be McMillan. But with the fellow Team USA assistant expected to land a head coaching job, coaching sources believe D'Antoni will get the green light to add former Suns coach Alvin Gentry to his staff for next season.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#695 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:02 AM

May 02, 2013 11:45 AM EDT

Pringles_0000_1.jpg

Mike D'Antoni is considering adding a defensive assistant to his staff with the Los Angeles Lakers in the offseason.

D'Antoni's first choice is believed to be Nate McMillan. The two coaches worked together as assistants with Team USA.

McMillan, however, is expected to land a head coaching job.

Alvin Gentry could fill the role, according to sources.

Edited by TheOriginalCZM, May 02, 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#696 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,323 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:32 AM

Mike D should just hire an offensive coach too since he suck at both.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#697 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,825 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:47 AM

I don't believe it.  This is similar to when he said he would consider it at the beginning of his hiring.  He is not fit to manage a jack in the box.  He is grasping at straws...just like the alcoholic who says, "no more drinking for me.". 
Mike Trashtoni is Frank Gallalgher.

#698 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:50 AM

LOL...if this happens, suicides in the Southern California Area will skyrocket...

#699 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,392 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:55 AM

This should be welcome news, but to a uninformed fan base, it's just a reason to complain.

#700 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,323 posts

Posted May 02, 2013 - 08:57 AM

28 - 12 is the only sales point D'Antoni has really.  But lets take a look at that "amazing run" the lakers have in the month of March that gave D'Antoni the "coach of the month" award.  How many winning teams did the Lakers play? How many home games did the lakers have?  And how many games did Kobe have to get the Lakers out of trouble by playing out of his mind during that "Mike D'Antoni awesome as a coach" stretch?  And rest assured if MDA forced his offense on this team, he will be gone?  Last I check a coach supposed to implement his offense and defense on a team.  If a coach is just there to let the players dictate how they play, what is the point of having a coach? Heck we better off having Bernie B to continue coaching. Probably better results.  The bottom line is you make good points but when it comes to MDA, it is all bad points and excuses. That 28 - 12 great run that they have was an illusion.  And it causes Kobe to play out of his mind causing him to have maybe a career ending tragedy.  Mike D'ANtoni doesn't know how to coach this team with the roster he was givin. And he is the only coach I know that doesn't know how to use superstars.  HE failed with Melo and he failed with Kobe, Dwight, pau and Nash.  So the only way to win is to not play Dantoni system? If that is the case, why have him here at all?

Edited by epicwolf, May 02, 2013 - 09:00 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users