Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#662 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,216 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 29, 2013 - 05:59 AM

As stated before on my previous thread, the only way the Lakers will get rid of MDA is if D12 demanded them to do so. But what makes you think D12 is willing to do that?  John Ireland said that the most likely scenario is that the Lakers will keep MDA, sign D12, keep Pau and amnesty World Piece.  The sad part is I might have to agree with him. We all want MDA to be gone. Heck, we wish they would fire the guy in the middle of the season the way he alienated our players. But we talking about Jim Buss here. With his ego in place, his thinking is that because of injuries and the lack of time the "big four" played together in the season, that is the reason why we can't win. So his twisted thinking is to get kobe back and play those "big four" together and hope there is no injuries.  With the Chris Paul fiasco, it took Jim Buss a lot of hard work to sign D12 and Steve Nash. So he wants to prove to the fans that him hiring Mike D is not a mistake and having "four hall of famers" is not a mistake.  So what makes you think they will do anything like firing MDA? I think the only thing that might happen is trade Pau but unfortnately MDA will still be our coach.  It sucks and we can all cry and [expletive] about it, I believe the Lakers will keep MDA for another season. It is hard to believe the Lakers admitted they made two mistakes in one season. So don't think it is a lock that MDA will be gone before the season starts.  It is a lot easier to get rid of players than a coach. So i'm going to go and throw up now thinking that the possibility MDA will be back next year.  Latez.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#663 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 29, 2013 - 06:06 AM

I'm convinced that this franchise is not interested in winning championships anymore.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#664 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,216 posts

Posted April 29, 2013 - 06:26 AM

I'm convinced that this franchise is not interested in winning championships anymore.

I disagree.  This franchise is always about winning championships. It's just the way to go about it right now is wrong.  Lakers been down before during the 90's with Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel era. Lakers  never  down for long.  Even the Celtics have down years and in fact their franchise are worst than the lakers with decades of sucking during their Rick Fox era. Lakers only been down for a couple of years or four the most. But lakers always end up being on top. The best franchise in all of sports.

I think next year could be a throw away season and when the 2014 season starts and everybody is off their books, they will make a big splash.  Lebron James? Yea wishful thinking. What makes you think Pat Riley will let Lebron go from Miami?  We all know that in 2014, the lakers will have so much cap room they probably dont know what to do with it. Jim Buss probably dont know what to do with it.  Kevin Durant and Lillard? I hope so.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#665 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,485 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 29, 2013 - 06:34 AM

sign him to a extension. were nothing w/o him.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#666 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,224 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 29, 2013 - 07:00 AM

you may be right with all of the injuries (due to D'Antoni only having a 7 man rotation) I could see him brought back, but he shouldn't be by any means. Like I said, what has he done to show  greatness? 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#667 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 29, 2013 - 07:22 AM

they won't

#668 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,220 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 29, 2013 - 07:22 AM

I disagree.  This franchise is always about winning championships. It's just the way to go about it right now is wrong.  Lakers been down before during the 90's with Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel era. Lakers  never  down for long.  Even the Celtics have down years and in fact their franchise are worst than the lakers with decades of sucking during their Rick Fox era. Lakers only been down for a couple of years or four the most. But lakers always end up being on top. The best franchise in all of sports.

I think next year could be a throw away season and when the 2014 season starts and everybody is off their books, they will make a big splash.  Lebron James? Yea wishful thinking. What makes you think Pat Riley will let Lebron go from Miami?  We all know that in 2014, the lakers will have so much cap room they probably dont know what to do with it. Jim Buss probably dont know what to do with it.  Kevin Durant and Lillard? I hope so.

I agree.  Anyone remember the Sedale Threat (spelling??) Lakers squads, good times.  They have to rebuild, it doesn't matter if Phil walks through the door tomorrow, they aren't going to win anything with their roster, they are super old and unathletic, and while we can blame that on injuries, what do you think happens to super old and unathletic guys when they play professional basketball, they get hurt.  The Lakers have been down for quite some time in the 90's, for every bad contract you give out in attempts to win now, there is a time of reckoning for those decisions, the Lakers have had that for the past several seasons, and will really get the balance of it next season, its life. 

#669 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,216 posts

Posted April 29, 2013 - 07:44 AM

you may be right with all of the injuries (due to D'Antoni only having a 7 man rotation) I could see him brought back, but he shouldn't be by any means. Like I said, what has he done to show  greatness? 

I dont know what MDA had shown through out his NBA coaching career for people to praised him so much. I always believed he is the most over rated coach in the NBA.  Even in phoenix he was over rated.  But to answer your question, you should pmed basketballIQ. I believe he is the only member on this board that defends MDA.  Be careful though, he might not respect you as a human being if you disagree with him.

#670 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts

Posted April 29, 2013 - 07:50 AM

All D'Antoni talk, good or bad will go in here.  Unless something significant happens, such as his firing, then a new thread could be created for that.  

#671 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,507 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted April 29, 2013 - 02:28 PM

they can pay off the last 2 years of his contract! fire his ass!

Don't give me that no full TC bull[expletive]..

#672 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted April 29, 2013 - 02:44 PM

If not Phil, then I'm fine with Shaw, Bickerstaff or McMillan.

#673 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted April 29, 2013 - 02:45 PM

To be honest, I don't care about the D-Will thing...I would consider Sloan, as well.

#674 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 448 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted April 30, 2013 - 04:55 AM

Coaches like D'Antoni and Brown don't belong in big championship aspiring cities like Los Angeles. They belong with small market teams with low expectations like Charlotte, Washington, etc. Young players with low expectations, that's where they belong with their flawed system. I just can't see how Mitch and Jim could allow D'Antoni to come back but they will to save face. Phil is a long shot as much as I want him to come back but I would love for them to go after Brian Shaw more than any other coach

#675 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted April 30, 2013 - 05:48 AM

They're not gonna want Brian Shaw either. They shunned him already

Pau Gasol is GONE

#676 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 448 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted April 30, 2013 - 09:22 AM

They're not gonna want Brian Shaw either. They shunned him already

I know but I still think they can make ammends knowing that Shaw has the total backing of the players. If not him, Byron Scott would be great for this team personally. Something a lot of Lakers fans wouldn't mind welcoming

#677 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 30, 2013 - 01:10 PM

We are doomed

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#678 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,326 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 30, 2013 - 03:17 PM

We are doomed

we could easily be for a little bit now 

ap1.png

#679 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,806 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted April 30, 2013 - 03:30 PM

Fire dantonie
leave Bernie as interim coach for an extended amount of time until the lakers can geta coach worth his salary

#680 apimentel24

apimentel24

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:ToyoLaker
  • Fan Since:1983

Posted May 01, 2013 - 11:16 AM

Ugggghhhh based on management's responses to D'Antoni looks like we're gonna have to live with him for next year. If they really listen to the voice of the fans they should truly fire him...he is simply not the man for the job - Not the right system for the players he has and not the right attitude #FIREDANTONI

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise. - Kobe Bryant

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)