3708 replies to this topic

#41 rnr

rnr

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:The Buss Family

Posted December 03, 2012 - 07:19 PM

It is so sad to see the lakers make a lateral movement with their coach.
Dantonie has many of the same problems Brown had.

Players do not respect him
Bad sub rotations
Inexplicable Rotations

In some areas, he is even worse
Leaving Howard in to miss free throw after Free throw was the final straw for me, and i believe, many other laker fans

Im not sure if any NBA team has ever fired 2 head coaches in one season...

But, this is the time to do it.
Bring in Phil

I have no faith in Dantonie
The fans have no faith in Dantonie
The assistant coaches have no faith in Dantonie
The players have no Faith in Dantonie.

Dantonie is a man alone on the lakers.

FireDantonie.com

Great..Just Great.. why don't we just bring in a new HC every month..

Mods ....Please Lock This Thread...

#42 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 03, 2012 - 08:21 PM

Sure lets test them all lol
Posted Image

#43 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2012 - 08:25 PM

well u guys didnt want McMillan, i did

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#44 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,251 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:27 PM

Another implosion

Hill was beasting. Dantonie benches him
Howard misses free throw after free throw and he is left in
Kobe left in the bench for Half of the 4th
The turnovers
The offensive rebounds the lakers gave up

The team has the talent
It just is missing leadership at the top

No way laker lose these last few games with a real coach

Dantonie needs to go
Lakers haters were sa when the laker fired mike brown, but they rejoiced when we hired dantonie over Phil

If not Phil, then Jerry Sloan or Larry brown

I never thought dantone would be a good fit

#45 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,691 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:29 PM

Another implosion

The turnovers

The team has the talent

Dantonie needs to go
Lakers haters were sa when the laker fired mike brown, but they rejoiced when we hired dantonie over Phil

D'antoni actually responded to the questions about the above stuff you mentioned

His response

"Those are the types of people that don't know anything about basketball. Tell me if I bench Howard when he's missing free throws how that A) makes him a better free throw shooter and B) it tells teams that all they have to do to take Dwight out of the game is start fouling him. What sense does that make?"

You've been asked a question by coach D'antoni :)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#46 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,122 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:34 PM

I am just laughing at the thought of the Lakers firing 2 head coaches and hiring a third in a single season. Has that been done by any professional sports team? Stephen A. Smith said it best. We do not if Jimmy Buss actually knows "basketball". We do know however that it seems he lets his emotions get to him when he makes his decisions. I am not in panic mode completely yet. I will say I am not satisfied with this team and the way it has performed down the stretch. By the deadline, hopefully we can pick up an athletic wing. Teams, maybe the Wizards, may have a fire sale. I want to see how both of the Steve's will change the dynamic of this team. What pisses me off the most is that all of our losses (well maybe except the 1st one) were all winnable. We just couldn't execute and play smart down the stretch.

Edited by Gotrings?, December 04, 2012 - 08:39 PM.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#47 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 04, 2012 - 08:36 PM

D'antoni actually responded to the questions about the above stuff you mentioned

His response

"Those are the types of people that don't know anything about basketball. Tell me if I bench Howard when he's missing free throws how that A) makes him a better free throw shooter and B) it tells teams that all they have to do to take Dwight out of the game is start fouling him. What sense does that make?"

You've been asked a question by coach D'antoni :)

Look I understand that and that's good he has confidence in him. But anyone who has a brain and has watched the last couple of games can see that it just kills our confidence and gives the other team even MORE momentum. Especially when we're the road team, their fans wanna kill us and it just seems to make us play like sixth graders. WE NEED TO WIN GAMES NOW. I'm sure Dwight would understand that. And if you take him out and we start winning maybe teams won't do it anymore

Edited by LakersChamps243, December 04, 2012 - 08:37 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#48 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted December 04, 2012 - 09:17 PM

There is 2 ways of looking at it...you can take D12 out and put him back in during 2min mark. If you take D12 out, that will tell him! You gotta make your FT to get minutes...it's really nothing to do with confidence...letting teams keep hacking him and missing FT and losing games will kill his confidence too. Seriously, this is perfect time to ultilize Hill. D12 needs to know that he need to step up to earn minutes... Simple

#49 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,691 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:49 PM

Look I understand that and that's good he has confidence in him. But anyone who has a brain and has watched the last couple of games can see that it just kills our confidence and gives the other team even MORE momentum. Especially when we're the road team, their fans wanna kill us and it just seems to make us play like sixth graders. WE NEED TO WIN GAMES NOW. I'm sure Dwight would understand that. And if you take him out and we start winning maybe teams won't do it anymore

DUDE STOP!

Your whole "we need to win games now" mentality so then you'll basically be fine when a close game in the playoffs happen and we have to take Howard out? Are you serious?

Do you think we'd have ever won a championship if Shaq didn't have to play through that? This way we still had him as an offensive weapon and he was able to deal with this late in the game.

If D'antoni takes him out now not only does it say he has no faith in him, but a team's entire strategy will be to foul Howard so that D'antoni takes him out. What kind of message does that send? I'm sorry but sitting Howard in the 4th just to win some early regular season games is just dumb, especially since that's not the main thing that needs to be handled and also isn't why we're losing.

Edited by Majesty, December 04, 2012 - 10:50 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#50 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted December 04, 2012 - 10:59 PM

DUDE STOP!

Your whole "we need to win games now" mentality so then you'll basically be fine when a close game in the playoffs happen and we have to take Howard out? Are you serious?

Do you think we'd have ever won a championship if Shaq didn't have to play through that? This way we still had him as an offensive weapon and he was able to deal with this late in the game.

If D'antoni takes him out now not only does it say he has no faith in him, but a team's entire strategy will be to foul Howard so that D'antoni takes him out. What kind of message does that send? I'm sorry but sitting Howard in the 4th just to win some early regular season games is just dumb, especially since that's not the main thing that needs to be handled and also isn't why we're losing.

You definitely have some valid points but how can you say it isn't part of why we're losing? PART. Not the ONLY reason but part of the reason. You guys think basketball is just a tactical game and just because these guys are professional athletes they don't get down and lose their confidence and don't feel any pressure on them whatsoever? Bull[expletive].

Edited by LakersChamps243, December 04, 2012 - 11:00 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#51 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted December 05, 2012 - 04:15 AM

Why does this thread exsist?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#52 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,082 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 05, 2012 - 06:07 AM

because d'antoni sucks?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#53 Estate

Estate

Rookie

• 235 posts
  • Name:Dennis
  • Fan Since:Since Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic! Kareem!

Posted December 05, 2012 - 06:17 AM

Man, this road trip is critical. D12 have to earn his minutes...at least 55%FT ..... Mike D is great but was that because of Nash???

#54 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,319 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 05, 2012 - 06:27 AM

really senselless thread!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#55 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,189 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 05, 2012 - 09:52 AM

Another implosion

The turnovers

The team has the talent

Dantonie needs to go

He plays Kobe plenty. He is averaging over 35 minutes a game. I know he should play him all 48 so the lakers can bear Houston in December. That's the problem, yea.

#56 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted December 05, 2012 - 10:30 AM

Zero chance this happens. Zero. Now if we get blown out in the first round or God forbid we miss the playoffs maybe.

The question would be then who?

My best suggestion for the franchise is to let Jeannie Buss run the team. Although it was reported that Dr. Buss wanted a faster up tempo team and DAntoni.

If we fire DAntoni now it would be idiotic and cause more chaos IMO. And frankly there is no way that will happen.

#57 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted December 05, 2012 - 11:06 AM

Nah Buss Family needs money too

33bkfif.jpg

#58 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 05, 2012 - 12:24 PM

D'antoni should of never been hired in the first place, but he was hired and he isn't gonna be fired anytime soon.

#59 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 988 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:07 PM

D Antoni's rotations are better than Mike Brown and Bernie by far with the exception of Jordan Hill not being used as much as i'd like, people are mad his trying to let Kobe get his rest when the team is up by alot...... that his supporting D12..... my goodness..... it can be so childish in these forums sometimes. Just really thankful none of the people here have control over Laker FO, because they can't even control their emotions.

Edited by The Hound, December 05, 2012 - 01:08 PM.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#60 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 05, 2012 - 01:12 PM

D Antoni's rotations are better than Mike Brown and Bernie by far with the exception of Jordan Hill not being used as much as i'd like, people are mad his trying to let Kobe get his rest when the team is up by alot...... that his supporting D12..... my goodness..... it can be so childish in these forums sometimes. Just really thankful none of the people here have control over Laker FO, because they can't even control their emotions.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)