3708 replies to this topic

#561 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 689 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted April 09, 2013 - 02:47 PM

“He insists.  He wants to play,” according to D’Antoni.  “I’ve got to trust how he feels about his body and how he feels about his situation.”

Translation: I have no idea what I'm doing out there, but I'm sure Kobe's got this.

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#562 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,649 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted April 09, 2013 - 04:51 PM

whats he supposed to do with the team?

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#563 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,551 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted April 09, 2013 - 05:06 PM

Well Barack hired the Clintons to bail him out, maybe MDA can hire an assistant with a clue?  Or maybe just read Wooden's book would be an improvement on things.

Edited by LakerGeezer, April 09, 2013 - 05:07 PM.

Debbie Downer

#564 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 09, 2013 - 06:20 PM

MDA won't be fired for PJ or any coach that commands near double digits millions/year.  If MDA is fired, they likely give an assistant a chance which won't be pretty.

I know the Lakers are loaded but I don't see them paying 2 coaches to walk away at the same time...

#565 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 09, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Reap what you sow

Pau Gasol is GONE

#566 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 09, 2013 - 07:30 PM

whats he supposed to do with the team?

play damn other players stuck on bench if Coach D same 8 man rotation is pathetic stop using them only. 

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#567 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted April 09, 2013 - 07:46 PM

He's supposed to be a great offense coach, yet this team still goes through long stretches where they don't seem to know what to do even on that end. The Lakers are good on that end statistically, but not good enough for somebody who is supposed to specialize in that.

Posted Image

#568 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 09, 2013 - 10:24 PM

Well then

https://twitter.com/...869880381026304

During 2nd qtr, Kobe said D'Antoni told players during a timeout to "Stop trying to do things on the pick and roll, just go inside to [Pau]"

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#569 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted April 09, 2013 - 11:16 PM

Well then

Pau been beasting

I hope dantonie can identify the hot player or opponents weakness and ride it to 20 more victories

#570 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted April 10, 2013 - 08:23 AM

So in the last few months, we've ditched the point guard dominant offense for more post-ups, and now Kobe is forcing the ball into Pau in the post which is basically two things that D'Antoni came in saying he didn't want to do. Kobe is coaching this team and he always talks about what Phil taught him.

Watching the game yesterday, it was so frustrating to see them pass the ball around the perimeter because they didn't know how to get in position to feed the post. Several times Dwight got his man sealed under the basket but the ball wasn't in position to get into him, and he would get frustrated and have to vacate his position to avoid the 3 second call. Part of it is Dwight fighting for position too early (no point in getting into position when the ball is still 70 feet away). But the team needs to run sets to get the ball into the post.

With two elite post players (Kobe, Pau), an above average post player (Dwight) and another guy who can do damage with the right matchup (Metta), the post should be the focus of this team. I don't know any teams that have two guys who can guard both Pau and Dwight; at least one of them should have a favorable matchup in the post all the time. Yesterday it was Pau against Davis, a few days ago Pau against Randolph. Sometimes it'll be Dwight, especially if other teams adjust and put their better post defenders on Pau.

#571 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,163 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 10, 2013 - 03:20 PM

Well then

Kobe also said he's been very strict with Pau to stay in the post and go to work.

That means no more inching out to the 3 like Gasol had been doing.

Works for me, long as Gasol listens.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#572 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted April 10, 2013 - 03:25 PM

Well then

So basically Kobe is saying, "Shut the [expletive] up, you're useless and clueless. Pau go to the post. Don't listen to this idiot" to D'Antoni.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#573 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,723 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted April 11, 2013 - 01:21 AM

This man is only going to bring suffering to this franchise.
Posted Image

#574 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,163 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 11, 2013 - 03:59 AM

So basically Kobe is saying, "Shut the [expletive] up, you're useless and clueless. Pau go to the post. Don't listen to this idiot" to D'Antoni.

Loving how people forget that the very reason D'antoni benched Pau was because Pau was refusing to go to the post so he benched him at bench 5 to FORCE him to work from the post.

Yet here we are months later, Pau listens and gets to the post(with Kobe's influence as well) and suddenly D'antoni, the guy we were behind benching Pau to force him to post has now somehow been turned into a guy telling Pau to stay on the perimeter apparently...

Pau has been in Pau's way all season in his own mind and not listening along with feeling owed.

Just because he's finally listening let's not act like he suddenly would have done it all year "if" someone else.

The entire reason he was benched was because he refused to go to the post, especially with Dwight on the floor.

So just because he's finally doing it now doesn't absolve him from the 70% of the season he played prior.

It was always on him. Good on him for finally listening, but don't martyr and absolve him of blame for his performances up till now either, he's responsible for both.

Edited by Majesty, April 11, 2013 - 04:03 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#575 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 719 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted April 11, 2013 - 08:17 AM

So after we let four rookies drop nearly 70 points in 24 minutes, people were wondering what kind of adjustments would be made defensively in the second half. Normally that's the head coach's job but leave it to Kobe to figure out what's hurting

Coach D'Antoni on Coach Kobe: "The players came off, and Kobe wanted to trap and just get into somebody. We were a little lethargic, so we went after it. It was a little bit of a risky move. I thought we could get back into it just with tough defense. They wanted to amp it up -- and they did."

@KevinDing

Anyone watching the game knows that Kobe didn't guard any particular player in the second half, he literally took it upon himself to trap Lillard (3/11 in second half) and make sure LMA didn't hurt us. Reading what Mike says and it sounds like he just wanted to keep playing the same way defensively even tho they were shredding us piece by piece

#576 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,649 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted April 11, 2013 - 08:23 AM

Kobe is the defensive coordinator
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#577 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,956 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted April 11, 2013 - 11:21 AM

So after we let four rookies drop nearly 70 points in 24 minutes, people were wondering what kind of adjustments would be made defensively in the second half. Normally that's the head coach's job but leave it to Kobe to figure out what's hurting

Coach D'Antoni on Coach Kobe: "The players came off, and Kobe wanted to trap and just get into somebody. We were a little lethargic, so we went after it. It was a little bit of a risky move. I thought we could get back into it just with tough defense. They wanted to amp it up -- and they did."

@KevinDing

Anyone watching the game knows that Kobe didn't guard any particular player in the second half, he literally took it upon himself to trap Lillard (3/11 in second half) and make sure LMA didn't hurt us. Reading what Mike says and it sounds like he just wanted to keep playing the same way defensively even tho they were shredding us piece by piece

Yup. Unbelievable how clueless he is. I was just going to give him props for making adjustments, too.

#578 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,841 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 11, 2013 - 11:42 AM

the guy is an idiot, he could be a goot offensive assistant at best.. but headcoach? hell no.  A head coach can specialize in something, but they have to at least have good knowledge of both sides of the ball to do damage

ap1.png

#579 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted April 12, 2013 - 09:29 PM

Kobe achilkes is the last straw

Fire him before dawn

#580 alec613

alec613