• Please log in to reply
3708 replies to this topic

#541 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted April 01, 2013 - 11:15 PM

Doesn't matter the age you clown. No true fan ever roots for losses period. No matter how bad things gets I'll always root for the Lakers to win games.

This post is ridiculous.

#542 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,328 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 01, 2013 - 11:39 PM

if missing the playoffs means a step forward towards another dynasty. then i'm with it. i'm tired of this. 

ap1.png

#543 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,441 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:12 AM

if missing the playoffs means a step forward towards another dynasty. then i'm with it. i'm tired of this. 

Amen
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#544 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:15 AM

And who is going to lead this hypotethical dynasty? A 29-year-old and injury-prone Howard or a retired Kobe? Our future is just as dark as our present. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#545 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,529 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:23 AM

And who is going to lead this hypotethical dynasty? A 29-year-old and injury-prone Howard or a retired Kobe? Our future is just as dark as our present. 

1 injury is considered injury-prone.lol

Edited by LakeShow805, April 02, 2013 - 06:23 AM.

#546 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:25 AM

1 injury is considered injury-prone.lol

One major injury which could have been considered career-ending injury. In addition, his shoulder injury is also serious. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#547 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,223 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:40 AM

Howard and getting rid of Kobe and Pau Gasol's max contracts at the end of next season will be a step in the right direction.  The Lakers have made some terrible contract decisions, fortunately those will all be falling off the books.  They need to just let next season come and go, do not attempt to reload in the feeble attempts at winning next season and then actually rebuild, just like every other team has to do at some point.

#548 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,288 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 02, 2013 - 07:56 AM

Injury prone... *sigh*, he sure is looking fragile out there hasn't he? I mean, leading the league in rebounds just screams his body can't handle the the banging in the paint.

#549 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,529 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 11:13 AM

One major injury which could have been considered career-ending injury. In addition, his shoulder injury is also serious. 

That he is recovering fine from. That serious shoulder injury that he missed a total of 6 or so games from. if it was a serious injury he would be out for more than 6 games.

I know you don't like DH but stop over exaggerating 

#550 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,284 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 03, 2013 - 12:40 AM

Clearly you don't understand the term "injury prone".

#551 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted April 03, 2013 - 12:55 AM

His shoulder injury isn't serious at all. If it were, his season would have been over two months ago. But then again, you're not the biggest fan of Dwight Howard. We would have been much better off with Bynum, who has just been tearing it up in Philly. Our future definitely would have been brighter with a center that has had around half a dozen knee surgeries before the age of 25.

I said it before he was traded to the Lakers. Bynum is better overall player than him, I'd rather have an injury-prone Bynum than this overrated Superman who can't score and hit free throws. Defensively? Bynum was a better defensive anchor, he blocked less shots but he surely altered way more than Howard. Howard's IQ and talent is terrible, his only strength is his amazing, outstanding athleticism which will soon begin to decline.

On the one hand, Howard is just an overrated player, I'd rather have an injured Bynum over this loser any day of the week. This guy can't deal any pressure and he has badly regressed as he is playing as a role player nowadays. Let him go, we do not want these kind of players wearing the purple and gold jersey.
On the other hand, you can't ask Nash to play better taking into account that he's almost 40 years old. Nash is really a defensive liability (one of the several liabilities we currently have) and he is not shooting the ball well, so he is totally expendable.
Blow it up Mitch, and do it now.

#552 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 09:18 AM

After D'Antoni left NYK

https://twitter.com/...671188923441154

Knicks' defensive rating in 2011-12 was 98.4, fifth best in NBA. Current rating, 103.3, is 16th.

https://twitter.com/...671667300564993

They went from an offensive team in '10-11 to a defensive team in '11-12 and now back again.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#553 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 09:24 AM

https://twitter.com/...669500799954945

From my column: Knicks' offensive rating during streak: 118 pts/100 poss. Blistering. Defense OK, but it's the offense that's winning games.

https://twitter.com/...669940107157504

Knicks' def rating during 12-game streak: 103.7. Def rating during prior 41 games (20-21): 103.8. Def rating during 18-5 start: 102.3.

https://twitter.com/...670260417765376

Basically, Knicks have been a decent-to-average defensive team all season. Will be interesting to see if they have another gear for playoffs

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#554 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 09:55 AM

Nash on MDA

http://www.slamonlin...achs-nightmare/

Per Fox Sports Radio (via SRI): “On Mike D’Antoni having a tough time this year: ‘I wouldn’t say he’s happy with where we are, just because it’s been a coach’s nightmare in a lot of ways. You’ve had a lot of guys either injured for great stretches, unfamiliar with one another, no training camp to really get the necessary hours in and finding our balance and who we are as a team. So I know it’s disappointing for him and frustrating because he hasn’t been able to really have a full shot at it.’ On injuries taking a toll on this team: ‘The team has been frustrated we’ve had so many guys injured. You forget, Jordan Hill’s been out basically the whole year. I missed seven weeks with a broken leg. Steve Blake missed a ton of time. … Dwight’s been in and out a little bit. … So it’s been frustrating.’ On why this team has lacked consistency: ‘We’re not without our flaws, for sure. Although it looks good on paper, there are some flaws to our team. We know we could be a little more athletic. We could be maybe a better shooting team. … I think the biggest problem for us this year has been all the injuries and change.’”

Edited by MDI, April 09, 2013 - 09:55 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#555 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,786 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted April 09, 2013 - 10:11 AM

http://fc02.devianta...zzy-d4gh21o.jpg

#556 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,807 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 09, 2013 - 10:12 AM

resign.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#557 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,529 posts

Posted April 09, 2013 - 12:10 PM

resign.

#558 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,216 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 09, 2013 - 12:19 PM

As much as I want the Lakers to get rid of Mike D and get ofcourse the Zen master, it WILL NOT HAPPEN.

reasons why.

Reasons one:  Excuses for coach like no training camp. Injuries. Not the right rosters so we should give him the right rosters. Give him another year for the team to gel. And let him get his own coaching staff first.

Reason two:  Would lakers willing to pay Mike D contract, Mike brown contract aaaand  Phil Jackson huge contract? If you think they willing to do that, you must be smokin some nice stuff. Hook it up.

Reason three:  Nash and Kobe still likes Mike D believe it or not. The only player or players that hated Mike D are most of the bench players that doesn't get any minutes and Pau Gasol. Most likely they are gone end of this year.

Reason four: No way lakers will fire a coach that have less time as Lakers coach than the last guy they fired.  Remember Mike Brown gets a year and a few more games into next season.  So expect Mike D to be here next year.

Reason five:  Jim Buss loves to go against what fans really want. Jim Buss wants fans to know that he is the boss and he have the power. Cry and moan all you want. You can't do crap about it.  SO suck it!

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#559 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,808 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 09, 2013 - 01:52 PM

66 games for mike brown + 5 this season... = 71 regualar season games...

82 - (5 MB(mike Brown) games + 5 BB(bernie Bickerstaff) games ) = 72 games

At the end of this season, dantonie will have coached more regular season laker games then Mike Brown coached regular season laker games

Just saying...

After 72 games, the orginization should know weather they trust him

#560 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted April 09, 2013 - 02:29 PM

As much as I want the Lakers to get rid of Mike D and get ofcourse the Zen master, it WILL NOT HAPPEN.

reasons why.

Reasons one:  Excuses for coach like no training camp. Injuries. Not the right rosters so we should give him the right rosters. Give him another year for the team to gel. And let him get his own coaching staff first.

Reason two:  Would lakers willing to pay Mike D contract, Mike brown contract aaaand  Phil Jackson huge contract? If you think they willing to do that, you must be smokin some nice stuff. Hook it up.

Reason three:  Nash and Kobe still likes Mike D believe it or not. The only player or players that hated Mike D are most of the bench players that doesn't get any minutes and Pau Gasol. Most likely they are gone end of this year.

Reason four: No way lakers will fire a coach that have less time as Lakers coach than the last guy they fired.  Remember Mike Brown gets a year and a few more games into next season.  So expect Mike D to be here next year.

Reason five:  Jim Buss loves to go against what fans really want. Jim Buss wants fans to know that he is the boss and he have the power. Cry and moan all you want. You can't do crap about it.  SO suck it!

YA BLEW IT.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users