#501 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,758 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:34 PM

This team does not know how to play together. They have no rhythm or consistency. Offensively, everybody just watches the Kobe Bryant show. When we go down low, everyone just watches instead of cutting to the lane. MDA's has only two plays in his playbook: ISO and shoot 3s. Defensively, we are late on our rotations and lack communication. When Dwight goes out, we are basically asking the other team to attack the paint. 

Eerily similar to Brown last year, except instead of shooting threes it was post Bynum. And then when teams realized that Bynum can't do anything an extra foot out of his comfort zone, we had one play.

I'm just amazed that management completely whiffed out on two back to back coaching hires. Just absolutely dropped the ball with Brown, and then they grossly overestimated D'Antoni. Ugh.

#502 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,183 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:37 PM

Eerily similar to Brown last year, except instead of shooting threes it was post Bynum. And then when teams realized that Bynum can't do anything an extra foot out of his comfort zone, we had one play.

I'm just amazed that management completely whiffed out on two back to back coaching hires. Just absolutely dropped the ball with Brown, and then they grossly overestimated D'Antoni. Ugh.

Brown had the lakers winning over 50 games. Winning the first round of the playoffs and competing against OKC. This team is worlds apart from that team.

#503 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,062 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:39 PM

i think we would have been more consistent with Brown at this point. But in reality, its the players we have on this roster.. they don't mesh.

meeks needs to go, artest, gasol, duhon, clark,  ebanks...

ap1.png

#504 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,039 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:42 PM

It wasn't wrong to fire Mike Brown at the time they did, but they hired an even worse coach.

You always have to have a better alternative whenever you make a change, no matter how bad somebody is.

Posted Image

#505 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:43 PM

i think we would have been more consistent with Brown at this point. But in reality, its the players we have on this roster.. they don't mesh.

Why do Meeks and Clark need to go? Yeah sure Meeks is a subpar defender but you need a three point sniper on this team with all the penetration Kobe and Nash create. Clark will be fine he has the right attitude, he's just in a lull right now. But yeah everyone else definitely needs to go.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#506 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,396 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:44 PM

Doubt it. 

He was very focused on the team in working with the Princeton offense. 

Edited by Hey, March 28, 2013 - 07:15 PM.

MMiRi9s.png

#507 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:45 PM

Why do Meeks and Clark need to go? Yeah sure Meeks is a subpar defender but you need a three point sniper on this team with all the penetration Kobe and Nash create. Clark will be fine he has the right attitude, he's just in a lull right now. But yeah everyone else definitely needs to go.

meeks is pretty inconsistent tbh. we need someone who can create their own shot at the bench

#508 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,758 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:47 PM

Brown had the lakers winning over 50 games. Winning the first round of the playoffs and competing against OKC. This team is worlds apart from that team.

We didn't win 50 games, it was a 66 game season. We finished 41-25, barely scraping by all year with middling offense and defense. Injuries have played a key factor in our W/L ratio this year, can't ignore the fact that we've had basically all our key rotation guys miss some time this year. It doesn't excuse the lack of any offensive or defensive system however.

Brown was not a good coach at all, let's not sugarcoat it. We didn't earn the 3rd seed due to his gameplan and coaching, we won that many games because he ran Kobe into the ground all year long. Is winning the 1st round supposed to be some consolation? We didn't compete at all in the postseason, 7 games against a Denver team that had no business pushing us that far and then getting torn up by the Thunder in the 2nd round with zero adjustments all series long.

Both coaches are horrid and held the team back more than they actually contributed to any success. Back-to-back terrible hires.

#509 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,742 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:58 PM

MDA sucks. He was a clown in NY and had to in away. Seriously Kobe give the bum your death stare.

#510 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,018 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 28, 2013 - 07:12 PM

can we just fire his ass now and let Bernie be in charged 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#511 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,396 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 07:14 PM

Bernie still holds the best record, lol.  ^

MMiRi9s.png

#512 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 388 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted March 28, 2013 - 07:20 PM

Neither of the last two hires are man enough to run this team.

Injuries? Sure. I'll own that but some of the games this season like Washington and tonight show me this is a ship without a rudder. Blowing huge leads, sleepy defense and generally not even giving 75% effort are all signs that MDA is a spectator and thus no one gives a damn.

MDA makes Del Harris look like John Wooden. And I at least liked Del.

Edited by HQLLYWQQD, March 28, 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#513 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,380 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted March 28, 2013 - 07:30 PM

Shoulda got Adelman instead of Brown. He's miles ahead of both these guys

#514 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,039 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted March 28, 2013 - 07:33 PM

Injuries can be blamed on coaches too for running their players into the ground. It's happening with Kobe and Nash right now. Not only that, but good coaches can win games while dealing with injuries. Pop and Thibs are in that category.

Not only are the main guys playing too many minutes, they're constantly running up and down the court because of D'Antoni wanting the Lakers to constantly play uptempo.

I'm more worried about the FO using injuries to excuse this team's performance and keep D'Antoni rather than them making the playoffs. I don't think the Lakers barely making or missing the playoffs would make this season ok in the eyes of the FO.

Edited by Japago, March 28, 2013 - 07:41 PM.

Posted Image

#515 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,429 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted March 28, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hearing this idiotic piece of trash taking veiled shots at Kobe after the game made me sick. Talking about how Kobe stopped the ball but he didn't mention giving up 115 points one godamned time. Clueless. 

#516 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,429 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted March 28, 2013 - 08:19 PM

And he doesn't even have the balls to call people out like a man. Dude hates confrontation. Such a scaredy cat coach.

"If you are afraid to confront your teammate then don't be surprised when you lose to a team that's not"-Kobe Bryant

#517 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 28, 2013 - 08:24 PM

Shoulda got Adelman instead of Brown. He's miles ahead of both these guys

who knows how the past few seasons wouldve been had we signed adelman

#518 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted March 28, 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'm starting to think that this is just a case where it wasn't our season. However, there are certain changes that need to be made this offseason, including firing D'Antoni for a slightly for defensive minded coach, bringing on younger, faster guys, adding depth to our bench, and bringing on more consistent perimeter spacers.

#519 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,078 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 28, 2013 - 09:13 PM

The problem is cap space. All the talks about bringing in young blood is cool, but with one draft pick and again being way over the cap, I can't see a lot of moves being made except for letting the expiring players walk. Lets say Pau is amnestied and peace opts out.. The lakers would be around 52 mil and that's not resigning anybody. If they resign Clark, Dwight and maybe Antwan, thats all their money. Unless your talking about the 1.5 mil to sign another Meeks like player.

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, March 28, 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Posted Image

#520 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted March 28, 2013 - 09:14 PM

I don't think I like MDA anymore....

...but he'll be here for a while. FO doesn't have money to throw at people not named D12.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)