Mike DAntoni MDA coach

• Please log in to reply
3708 replies to this topic

#461 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,380 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:54 PM

2nd game in back to back and dantonie tries to keep using a 7 man rotation with Kobe and pau out, and the lakers are one of the oldest teams in the league

The man has the adjustment skill of an early 20th century French military tactician

We can't fire him now, and if he stays for next season, the roster wil have to go thru a lot of turnover

I just hope when Kobe and pau are back we get a nice thing going

Who exactly would you like to add in our 7 man roster? It's not like there's a lot of choices there....

#462 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,014 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 18, 2013 - 09:57 PM

If you are bashing D'antoni's 7 man rotation and think within any corner of your mind that Duhon, Morris, sacre or Ebanks would have contributed more...

Fire yourself as a poster :)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#463 r9too

r9too

Rookie

• 29 posts

Posted March 19, 2013 - 04:44 AM

if any one thinks it's a good idea to use only 7 guys, 4 of whom are 33 or older, on the road on a back to back, you need to get your head checked. 

no one is saying that the other guys on the bench are really good, but they could have spelled the 7 guys for 5 minutes each half and provided some energy and boost, there's no reason morris, ebanks, duhon, and sacre couldn't have seen the floor at all last night. 

other thing that pissed me off last night is lack of adjustments made by d'antoni to the luis scola pick and pop. They literally ran the same play every single time down the court in the 4th and no effort was made by the coaching staff to make an adjustment. atrocious coaching last night. Difference between this coach and say a coach like doc rivers from celtics, they almost beat a streaking heat without KG playing because of great coaching, while we get blown out to a slumping suns because of terrible coaching. 

#464 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,321 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 19, 2013 - 04:58 AM

I think Dantoni's coaching since the ASB has been pretty awesome. Key players (D12/Nash) got some health back and bought in. I cant knock MDT since the ASB. It seems he simplified things and got out of his own way. He was over coaching before the ASB. Now hes doing things solid imo.

#465 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,748 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted March 19, 2013 - 05:12 AM

The coach is fine when the team is winning despite his ineptness. When he doesn't have Kobe or pau he is forced to adjust and react, both of which he does poorly.

#466 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,380 posts

Posted March 19, 2013 - 08:50 AM

You guys saying he hasn't adapted to not having KOBE, PAU or HILL really have no clue what you're saying.

I guarantee you if he added Morris, Duhon, Ebanks and Sacre to the lineup....which by the way would take away minutes from Blake, Jamison and Nash who are all playing great you guys would just [expletive] and moan. You'd say "WHAT AN IDIOT. WHY WOULD YOU PLAY DUHON!!!!!".

I don't even love D'Antoni but as LakersGAFan said, we're playing well since the All Star Break and I certainly wont [expletive] and moan about the coach just for the sake of doing it and I wont do it just because we lost 1 freaking game, especially without 2 starters from a team that was lacking depth from the start.

#467 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,027 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 19, 2013 - 09:44 AM

D'Antoni isn't doing a good job, he's doing less of a bad job, there's a big difference. 

Before he was trying to force his Steve Nash offense on the team, which was horrible and resulted in all of those losses and a 10th seed. Then after the team meeting in Memphis, probably some harsh words from management, and Kobe deciding to not give a [expletive] anymore and go ape[expletive] up until his injury, he decided to just let Kobe do it all which then allowed Nash to become more of a role player/3 point threat and subsequently Dwight could get more involved in the offense through a 2 man game.

Good coaching would be implementing a proper offensive system, like the Heat did in 17 games. Right now we're basically paying the man to do nothing (he doesn't even coach defense, those improvements are coming from a healthier Dwight Howard). Kobe's basically running the offense, him and Dwight are the only ones that play defense, and that's about it really. I mean we even saw Kobe drawing up plays at one point during the Indiana game, lol. At that rate might as well let Bickerstaff coach, he did a better job at the free reigns coaching thing anyways. 

D'Antoni is still a garbage coach who only looked good in that one system the 2006 Suns ran. We can't recreate that team here, so it's best to send him packing asap.

#468 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,485 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 19, 2013 - 12:25 PM

Lml this thread again

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#469 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 293 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 19, 2013 - 01:39 PM

Since the All-Star Break, he has done pretty well.  Not as good as Mike Brown, but pretty good.  I doubt he will reach the 3rd seed in the West like Brown did. 

#470 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,485 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 19, 2013 - 08:37 PM

Since the All-Star Break, he has done pretty well. Not as good as Mike Brown, but pretty good. I doubt he will reach the 3rd seed in the West like Brown did.

Wtf lmao you mean next year right? 3rd seat ain't possible this year. MB wasn't good. Lmfao

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#471 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 19, 2013 - 08:51 PM

If you are bashing D'antoni's 7 man rotation and think within any corner of your mind that Duhon, Morris, sacre or Ebanks would have contributed more...

you never seem to criticize our laker coaches except the greatest mr phil jackson. you were even on mike brown's jock before he was fired. no offense

Edited by ツ  , March 19, 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#472 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,123 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 20, 2013 - 09:41 AM

until they are allowed to play meaningful mins miss me with this attitude

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#473 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,717 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 20, 2013 - 10:34 AM

Majesty is right, those guys are scrubs.

But in the BIGGER picture, our guys are not only OLD, but also banged-up. There are moments when a Sacre or a Ebanks can spell Dwight and Kobe for a minute or two in a ten point game . There are moments when you can put Morris out there to give Nash an easy night , because honestly, sometimes you can tell, Kobe and Dwight are dominating this game, let's slip in a scrub or two to give our other old guys a rest.

Sometimes you can have Kobe at 35 minutes, is that too hard to ask.

Stagger the rotations.

Nash-Morris-Ebanks-Jamison -Dwight

That can start a fourth quarter against a team like Denver, instead pf having that dreaded Blake-Miller match-up in which we essentially gift Denver point opportunities.

#474 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted March 21, 2013 - 12:33 PM

Since the All-Star Break, he has done pretty well. Not as good as Mike Brown, but pretty good. I doubt he will reach the 3rd seed in the West like Brown did.

When your selling point is "not as good as Mike Brown", good luck sir.

#475 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,726 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted March 22, 2013 - 06:45 AM

i'd still take Brown over D'Antoni.

#476 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,417 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 22, 2013 - 08:49 AM

i'd still take Brown over D'Antoni.

Thats like saying "I'd take Duhon over Morris".....they're both scrubs

#477 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,744 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted March 22, 2013 - 09:08 AM

Thats like saying "I'd take Duhon over Morris".....they're both scrubs

33bkfif.jpg

#478 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 09:38 AM

The biggest thing we had going in the last month and a half when Pau was out was belief...even when we were losing games they were fighting tooth and nail. I see self doubt in there now. Not good. I really want to see what we do tomorrow, if MDA still starts Pau after all he's seen last 2 games and the entire year, I'm in the fire MDA group. You know its not working so have the balls to make the adjustment instead of trying to please Kobe/Nash or even Pau himself

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#479 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted March 26, 2013 - 10:01 AM

The biggest issue i have with both Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni is that they're player killers.  They know how to strip the confidence from even the best of contributors. 

Phil wasn't perfect, no coach is, but at least he put the bench out there and gave them a chance to get their legs and wits about them.  In this game you HAVE to have rely on your bench.  You have to ride with them win, lose or draw or risk running your starters into the ground, which is exactly what MDA is doing this year.

Edited by ColStac, March 26, 2013 - 10:03 AM.

The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#480 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,123 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 26, 2013 - 11:07 AM

The biggest issue i have with both Mike Brown and Mike D'Antoni is that they're player killers.  They know how to strip the confidence from even the best of contributors. 

Phil wasn't perfect, no coach is, but at least he put the bench out there and gave them a chance to get their legs and wits about them.  In this game you HAVE to have rely on your bench.  You have to ride with them win, lose or draw or risk running your starters into the ground, which is exactly what MDA is doing this year.

PJ was just as stubborn with playing his bench & playing young players that could contribute. he ran starters ragid also. difference was the overall record was not pitiful like it is now under coach D. PJ used to prove a point by losing on purpose exposing the teams inabilities & players weaknesses. Coach D thinks the best options are what he is doing with his choice of rotations & schemes now when that mentality is completely flawed due to the record.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (4), Bing (1)