Mike DAntoni MDA coach

• Please log in to reply
3708 replies to this topic

#401 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,147 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:31 AM

To be fair d'antoni can't say otherwise or it's admitting hes not up for this job, saying he has to adjust essentially acknowledges he should have never been hired
Posted Image

#402 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:25 PM

Every time D'Antoni talks it makes me want to kick a kitten. It's like a broken record.

#403 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,645 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted January 25, 2013 - 02:50 PM

chris boussard now wrote an article called,

Fire Dantoni

its crazy...
16 out of 30 teams make the playoffs, and the lakers cannot make the playoffs?
so sad, dantonie needs to go so soon...

#404 soooobased

soooobased

llama

• 226 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher

Posted January 25, 2013 - 03:18 PM

dantoine should be fired any day

this is a travesty

i am such a 100% die hard laker fan, everyone i know know i live lakers, and when people talk BLEEP on the lakers, all i say is... yup, they suck...

need to fire dantonie so bad...
last good moment for the lakers was when Mike brown was fired

Why do you always say dantoni"e" ?
Posted Image
Props to fkMikeBrown

#405 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 25, 2013 - 03:33 PM

Bring back Mike Brown and let Bernie "coach" the offense.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#406 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 25, 2013 - 04:10 PM

Bring back Mike Brown and let Bernie "coach" the offense.

I don't know if this post or your sig is more embarrassing

#407 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,339 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 05:59 PM

Broussard said, Kobe was staving off a player mutiny.

Edited by Chad, January 25, 2013 - 06:01 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#408 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,549 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:02 PM

Broussard said, Kobe was staving off a player mutiny.

haha really? This really is a disaster, then. I wanted to read that post that Broussard put up but ESPN has their BS insider stuff so I couldn't.

#409 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,339 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:22 PM

-D'Antoni has the wrong personnel, needs to go despite $12M in guaranteed money. Give reins to Bickerstaff.

-Broussard thinks D'Antoni will eventually be fired so why prolong it? Says Mike Brown firing was rationalized the same way.

-"Sources" say players already tuning out D'Antoni. Kobe is the only one keeping the team from completely shutting him out.

-"Sources" say Dwight has mentioned privately that won't re-sign if D'Antoni is the coach.

-Goes through some high-level trade partners/scenarios for Dwight but concludes that keeping Dwight is the best solution. Even in his current down year, Dwight is still more productive than any active center.

-Says that Bickerstaff, albeit with a small sample size, would be the best option. May not make finals but would help team chemistry tremendously.

-Says realistically that Jimmy won't fire D'Antoni not only because of the money but because of pride. Won't admit to "colossal mistake."

From LG, I don't have a account.

So while it has been only 32 games and the Lakers still owe D'Antoni nearly $12 million in guaranteed money, it is time for a divorce. The Lakers should fire D'Antoni and let assistant coach Bernie Bickerstaff coach the rest of the season.

I know it sounds drastic, but it needs to be done. This is simply not working, and you know what? It's not going to work because D'Antoni's perimeter-oriented, point-guard-do-it-all, defense-be-damned system does not fit this team. And there are not enough trades out there to be made to make it fit, especially when it's built around a soon-to-be 39-year-old point guard.

Beyond that, there are strong rumblings that D'Antoni already has lost significant parts of the locker room. Two sources close to the situation have told me that many of the Lakers are fed up with D'Antoni and his system and that Kobe Bryant is the only one keeping many of the players from completely tuning out their coach.

What's worse is that I've heard talk that Howard is hinting he won't re-sign with the Lakers if D'Antoni is the long-term coach. I'm not sure whether that's true because I haven't heard it from Howard or anyone in his camp. But it makes all the sense in the world. Howard wanted the ball more in Orlando, where he was the focal point of the offense, so he certainly can't be happy with the offense he's in right now. It's hard to see him wanting to play the next two seasons or more in this system.

Will making the move to Bickerstaff get the Lakers to the Finals? I doubt it. But I bet it would improve the chemistry, get them playing much better basketball and perhaps even get them into the playoffs. And at this point, that would be an accomplishment.

Most believe Jim Buss won't fire D'Antoni soon, not just because of the financial repercussions, but because it would be an admission of a colossal mistake. But it would be an even bigger mistake to let the season continue to spiral out of control and as a result, lose Howard.

Edited by Chad, January 25, 2013 - 06:25 PM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#410 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,769 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:25 PM

-D'Antoni has the wrong personnel, needs to go despite $12M in guaranteed money. Give reins to Bickerstaff.

-Broussard thinks D'Antoni will eventually be fired so why prolong it? Says Mike Brown firing was rationalized the same way.

-"Sources" say players already tuning out D'Antoni. Kobe is the only one keeping the team from completely shutting him out.

-"Sources" say Dwight has mentioned privately that won't re-sign if D'Antoni is the coach.

-Goes through some high-level trade partners/scenarios for Dwight but concludes that keeping Dwight is the best solution. Even in his current down year, Dwight is still more productive than any active center.

-Says that Bickerstaff, albeit with a small sample size, would be the best option. May not make finals but would help team chemistry tremendously.

-Says realistically that Jimmy won't fire D'Antoni not only because of the money but because of pride. Won't admit to "colossal mistake."

From LG, I don't have a account.

So while it has been only 32 games and the Lakers still owe D'Antoni nearly $12 million in guaranteed money, it is time for a divorce. The Lakers should fire D'Antoni and let assistant coach Bernie Bickerstaff coach the rest of the season.

I know it sounds drastic, but it needs to be done. This is simply not working, and you know what? It's not going to work because D'Antoni's perimeter-oriented, point-guard-do-it-all, defense-be-damned system does not fit this team. And there are not enough trades out there to be made to make it fit, especially when it's built around a soon-to-be 39-year-old point guard.

Beyond that, there are strong rumblings that D'Antoni already has lost significant parts of the locker room. Two sources close to the situation have told me that many of the Lakers are fed up with D'Antoni and his system and that Kobe Bryant is the only one keeping many of the players from completely tuning out their coach.

What's worse is that I've heard talk that Howard is hinting he won't re-sign with the Lakers if D'Antoni is the long-term coach. I'm not sure whether that's true because I haven't heard it from Howard or anyone in his camp. But it makes all the sense in the world. Howard wanted the ball more in Orlando, where he was the focal point of the offense, so he certainly can't be happy with the offense he's in right now. It's hard to see him wanting to play the next two seasons or more in this system.

Will making the move to Bickerstaff get the Lakers to the Finals? I doubt it. But I bet it would improve the chemistry, get them playing much better basketball and perhaps even get them into the playoffs. And at this point, that would be an accomplishment.

Most believe Jim Buss won't fire D'Antoni soon, not just because of the financial repercussions, but because it would be an admission of a colossal mistake. But it would be an even bigger mistake to let the season continue to spiral out of control and as a result, lose Howard.

If it came down to MD or dwight they will chose dwight. Give it a few weeks after the season is over.

#411 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:27 PM

Come on Dwight not every coach out there is gonna make an offense tailored perfectly for you? This is what losing does, frustrations come out, petty issues come out, everybody starts pointing the figure. Fact is Dwight is getting the 2nd most post touches in the league. 2nd most! If he didnt get kicked out of 2 games, didnt get hurt in 1 game and didnt miss 3 games due to shoulder injury guess who would have the most touches? Its you Dwight. Guess who else is doing well in the post? Kobe. Even if the triangle offense or princeton offense is run you're no gonna get more touches than you already have. Fact is you're turning the ball over, you're not rebounding well and you're not defending well either. He and D'Antoni need to freakin work this out. This isnt like the point of no return where dudes just turned out Mike Brown because hes clueless...what MDA does is actually working. Pau is shooting 48% since Nash got back, guys like MWP, Clark and Hill are having great seasons under MDA. Each of the players starting with Dwight need to start taking some personal responsibility on the other end.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#412 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,800 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:31 PM

what MDA does is actually working. Pau is shooting 48% since Nash got back, guys like MWP, Clark and Hill are having great seasons under MDA. Each of the players starting with Dwight need to start taking some personal responsibility on the other end.

Really ? and how is that in reality when you are 13 - 20 (not accurate) ?

It might take time i do understand, but not with this roster.

#413 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:42 PM

What MDA does NEVER works.

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,416 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:49 PM

Thank you Chad.

yo.

#415 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Really ? and how is that in reality when you are 13 - 20 (not accurate) ?

It might take time i do understand, but not with this roster.

Offense. Our offense much better this year than last year. Problem is we got twice as bad on defense. Nash, Kobe, MWP all not doing really bad. We're still a very very good offensive team

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#416 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:59 PM

What MDA does NEVER works.

More mins for Earl Clark and Hill? He could sit those guys to play Jamison more if he wanted to since typically he had guys who can shoot a 3 pointers playing at Power Forward

MDA has made the adjustments needed to the best of his ability, fact is we havent as a group MDA and players included have not played Defense well. Thats what it comes down to

Phil or Sloan or MDA isnt gonna make Pau an all star again
Phil or Sloan or MDA isnt gonna make Nash a better defender
Phil or Sloan or MDA isnt gonna make Dwight make his free throws better
Phil or Sloan or MDA isnt gonna make Artest 2 years younger and faster
Phil or Sloan or MDA isnt gonna make Ebanks, Morris and Meeks reliable post playesr

there are SEVERAL things on the team (ie Pau's vaginitis and foot injuries) that are clearly out of any coach on this teams' control

Edited by MDI, January 25, 2013 - 07:02 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#417 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 07:06 PM

Thats one instance in which maybe he finally realizes how worthless Pau Gasol is. But as has been the case for his coaching career: his offensive philosophy is not conducive to winning. MDA doesn't care about defense...he only cares about running his system no matter what.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#418 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 25, 2013 - 07:10 PM

If we lose today because of [expletive]ty defense that results from a [expletive]ty offense, I will go nuts. FO being to passive right now.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#419 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 07:16 PM

Pau is a lost cause. Not even gonna waste my time on him.

What PJ does is minimize exploitation of the team's weaknesses. No one can make nash a good defender.

FT shooting is not that significant since DH has always been terrible at it.

No excuses for MDA

People always knock PJ for having talent but guess what? He MAXIMIZED his team's talents unlike MDA.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#420 Rad

Rad

• 1,632 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 08:17 PM

And here we have it folks, the real reason. As I mentioned in another thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users