#3701 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 17, 2014 - 03:30 PM

Mike was dealt a bad hand; can't blame him.

Yeh, he's obviously in the wrong field.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3702 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 448 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted May 17, 2014 - 03:41 PM

Yeh, he's obviously in the wrong field.

Lol

#3703 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,101 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 17, 2014 - 05:08 PM

when it comes to D'antoni to me what stopped the Suns from getting the chance at that ring was the year D'antoni left and decided not to take Thibs as a defensive assistant(the biggest mistake of his career he admits).  Considering they got Dragic and would have had Thibs as defensive coordinator. 

D'antoni handling the offense, Thibs handling the defense, Dragic coming off the bench + more depth.  It's no question why they swept the Spurs and nearly took us 7 with just Gentry.    That probably would have been the 'time' for D'antoni to make something happen but noooooooooope him and his stubborn mentality went to the Knicks.  

Biggest mistake of his career and rightfully so.  

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3704 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted May 17, 2014 - 08:13 PM

when it comes to D'antoni to me what stopped the Suns from getting the chance at that ring was the year D'antoni left and decided not to take Thibs as a defensive assistant(the biggest mistake of his career he admits).  Considering they got Dragic and would have had Thibs as defensive coordinator. 

D'antoni handling the offense, Thibs handling the defense, Dragic coming off the bench + more depth.  It's no question why they swept the Spurs and nearly took us 7 with just Gentry.    That probably would have been the 'time' for D'antoni to make something happen but noooooooooope him and his stubborn mentality went to the Knicks.  

Biggest mistake of his career and rightfully so.  

eh we'd still beat them

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#3705 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 08:38 PM

eh we'd still beat them

Yeah and then Thibs wouldn't have been with Doc when we faced the Celtics again  :D

Edited by Majesty, May 17, 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#3706 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted May 17, 2014 - 08:43 PM

Yeah and then Thibs wouldn't have been with Doc when we faced the Celtics again :D

Could've 3 peat?

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#3707 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted May 17, 2014 - 08:56 PM

Could've 3 peat?

No, it just wouldn't have went 7 ;)   I don't know if we'd have beaten the Celtics that first year without Ariza and Bynum.   Considering we let one game get away from us(Game 4). We would have potentially won those 3 games at home.   Then again it was the pain of that loss that likely spurred us on to beat the Rockets and Orlando the next year and the Celtics the one after that.   But I do know even with Thibs that if we had Ariza and Bynum in the first series it may have went different because we got killed in rebounding that series(27-20). The year we beat them in seven we outrebounded them (32-25).  So not having Bynum and Ariza really did hurt us that first series but we probably weren't ready.  Made us raise our game so I guess you could say it was a blessing in disguise.   

#3708 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,158 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted May 18, 2014 - 02:39 AM

All of the above goes to show you that really the difference between winning and losing is thisclose.

A few hustle plays. Some controversial calls late in games...and an injury that slows down a key player at a key time.

I've been AT some playoff games the Lakers had no business winning, but did. And also some games there was no way they could lose...but did.

I mean, we have 5 chips from the last decade, but I'm not kidding when i say 3 of them could have easily gone another teams way during the run.

Seriously, its what makes it interesting...and heartbreaking.

The best team usually wins a long series...but it takes a lot of lucky breaks along the way no matter how good you are.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#3709 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,101 posts

Posted May 20, 2014 - 03:41 PM

BoHKIh5IYAA2VU0.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

1 user(s) are reading this topic