We continue to lose and zero moves have been made

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#322 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,343 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:41 PM

It is so irritating to see this half-assed display of coaching. It's like Brown never got fired.

At least with Brown, we know he put in the work and time for this team. Can't fault for lack of coaching effort, I actually think he over coached because of the pressure to win championships here.

I want D'Antoni gone and Brian Shaw given a shot here in LA. At this rate with this team the next two years, mixed in with the fact we are just playing in Lebron's and Durant's league now, we aren't winning a title any time soon.

#323 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 924 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:42 PM

At least with Brown, we know he put in the work and time for this team. Can't fault for lack of coaching effort, I actually think he over coached because of the pressure to win championships here.

I want D'Antoni gone and Brian Shaw given a shot here in LA. At this rate with this team the next two years, mixed in with the fact we are just playing in Lebron's and Durant's league now, we aren't winning a title any time soon.

I don't get why Shaw never got a shot once Phil left...

#324 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,023 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:43 PM

One thing I notice about our losing is that there have not been ANY signs of improvement (one of the reasons they fired Brown).

Same Mistakes. Same Story.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#325 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,990 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Mike Antoni,man,mike Antoni.
the first 3 minutes of the game i saw championship level defense from the lakers ,for these reasons - effort/intensity/activity/not falling asleep/quick rotations/quick recoveries/quick closeouts/active hands(all effort stuff). and guess what, we turned the ball over our first few possessions and still took a 6-0 lead(w/o this stretch of D,it wouldve been a blowout from the gate).

Our problem is not taking D serious; and thats the coaches fault; this is like a highschool team problem; ridiculous; at least college coaches live and die on each possession on both sides of the ball; the lakers would be far better off with a college coach.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#326 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,343 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:45 PM

I don't get why Shaw never got a shot once Phil left...

Because the front office wanted to get away from anything Phil Jackson and the Triangle offense.

#327 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 924 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:48 PM

Because the front office wanted to get away from anything Phil Jackson and the Triangle offense.

So, they wanted to completely distance themselves from what won them 5 championships.

Something's [expletive]ed there.

#328 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,652 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:49 PM

what would have happened if we hired adelman before brown?

#329 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,733 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:58 PM

If MA is getting released from the job it should be now .. Even if we won Utah and Okc at some point we'll lose again. The team is not showing any sign of improvement since Mike Brown left. Besides, Brown was trying a new offense that didn't work, MA failed to install his offense..

This team meeting didn't work either, problem is beyond chemistry. They need a new training camp with a new coach ..

Let Bernie coach and make a plan for next season .. Let the team work together in the all star break , while howard and kobe have a serious talk.. Anything that makes the team understand each other, because apparently they don't.

Wow, i haven't experienced a failure like this in any team i supported in sports, Ironically i haven't supported a team that has this much superstars in one team ..

This is a disease, and we need someone like Dr, House to cure it ..

#330 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,343 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:03 PM

If MA is getting released from the job it should be now .. Even if we won Utah and Okc at some point we'll lose again. The team is not showing any sign of improvement since Mike Brown left. Besides, Brown was trying a new offense that didn't work, MA failed to install his offense..

This team meeting didn't work either, problem is beyond chemistry. They need a new training camp with a new coach ..

Let Bernie coach and make a plan for next season .. Let the team work together in the all star break , while howard and kobe have a serious talk.. Anything that makes the team understand each other, because apparently they don't.

Wow, i haven't experienced a failure like this in any team i supported in sports, Ironically i haven't supported a team that has this much superstars in one team ..

This is a disease, and we need someone like Dr, House to cure it ..

When did you become a fan?

Ironically I'm dealing with the second failure of a team I support. USC football started off ranked #1 and fell off the face of the earth by the end of the season lol

#331 Henny Loc

Henny Loc

Livin' Legend

• 703 posts
  • Name:LS3
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:16 PM

I hope MDA gets boo'd out of Staples on Friday

#332 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,733 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:32 PM

When did you become a fan?

Ironically I'm dealing with the second failure of a team I support. USC football started off ranked #1 and fell off the face of the earth by the end of the season lol

Favored the Lakers since i was a kid when i saw both of my uncles came back from the states with one wearing kobe and the other shaq, i liked kobe over sha because of his name and number at that time, but started watching in 09 ,, soccer was my first sports till i got into Basketball. I became a diehard fan that i don't care about soccer anymore(which made two of my friends curious, one became a laker and the other LeBron)..

I keep telling my friends i regret never witnessing a young kobe but well ..

Edited by fozi, January 23, 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#333 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:43 PM

I truly believe that some sort of changes are coming. Not quite sure what it is.

I think it would only be fitting if Mitch calls D'Antoni at midnight to fire him.

#334 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,313 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:00 PM

Don't let Pringles in the Lakers facility.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#335 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:15 PM

Hey, the guy resigned from the Knicks on his own. With this season hopeless, I'm just hoping for D'Antoni to do what's best for the organization, as he put it when he quit the Knicks.

#336 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,339 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 01:18 AM

The guy and his brother just look like con-men. They have that look of people who go from city to city just trying to swindle people.

#337 MidnightMarauder

MidnightMarauder

Off The Bench

• 1,429 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted January 24, 2013 - 01:21 AM

The reason the Lakers gave when they fired Mike Brown was that they didn't see improvement and didn't think they WOULD see improvement in the future. There's been no improvement with MDA and I think any rational basketball fan doesn't think there's any reasonable improvement in the future with this system. Why are the rules different for Mike Brown and D'Antoni? They both failed and MDA is failing worse. MDA deserves to lose his job. He doesn't deserve 12 cents, let alone 12 million. Mike Brown lost his job because the team isn't showing improvement. Why is it different for MDA?

#338 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,864 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted January 24, 2013 - 01:25 AM

Could the lakers suspend dantonie?

also, the Super bowl bound Ravens fired their offensive cordinator in week 15 this year...

So, do not say it is TOO late to make a change

Edited by TKainZero, January 24, 2013 - 01:29 AM.

#339 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,795 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 01:39 AM

send MDA to the D-League

13z8pc6.jpg

#340 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,536 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 24, 2013 - 01:43 AM

Could the lakers suspend dantonie?

also, the Super bowl bound Ravens fired their offensive cordinator in week 15 this year...

So, do not say it is TOO late to make a change

Firstly, the Ravens were already headed to the playoffs. Secondly, firing a coordinator for a football team is totally different than firing the head coach of a basketball team that has already fired a head coach in the same season.

It's too late, this team isn't going to the playoffs and firing another coach midseason isn't going to help.

As fans, we have to suck it up and face the reality that this season is a total failure. It's only going to get more difficult, we have a rough stretch of games coming up and we can't even beat Toronto or Chicago sans Deng.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)