3708 replies to this topic

#2081 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,631 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 08, 2014 - 04:41 AM

I don't think anyone would fix that lol. Playing OKC and the Spurs next, we could be on a historically bad stretch of points allowed

#2082 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 08, 2014 - 06:17 AM

Spurs should still easily beat the Lakers even with their bench group. They don't play a lot of games without the big 3, but they still looked a lot better than the Lakers in those games.

Posted Image

#2083 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,979 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 08, 2014 - 06:59 AM

With Pop, I don't care if they rest the whole team. He can coach wind to beat any team.
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#2084 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,048 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 07:12 AM

Ok guys please don't be ignorant. 

Jerry Buss didn't hire D'Antoni. Did he even interview him? Participate in the day to day affairs of the Lakers? When did he even find out about Howard coming to LA? 

From what I could gather, based on reading all the articles and interviews on the topic, this is how it went down. They favored MDA over Phil, went to Jerry Buss, and asked him if it was cool that they picked MDA because he was cheaper and would bring back showtime. Obviously Jerry, who was confined to a hospital bed by the way, was fine with that, and so while he may have technically hired him, he was the least involved in the decision.

Some of the things being claimed on this board are absolutely ridiculous. Just like how some people are still behind MDA even after these last 2 losses. 

Jerry didn't choose MDA , i know that for a fact, and thats coming from a friend of the Buss family .. 

#2085 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,832 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 08, 2014 - 07:18 AM

I don't truly believe the decision was all on Jerry either but lets just say it was.  What does that say about a front office that gives the decision to hire a coach to a man on his death bed and not the GM who is supposed to be the basketball mind.  Jerry Buss hadn't attended a game since the end of the 10-11 season I believe.  I wish Jimmy had the nuts to sit at one of those blowouts like Mitch. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#2086 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,979 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 07:28 AM

The forehead, John Ireland say he does watch it, but from the suit..... He just keeps out of site
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#2087 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,832 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 08, 2014 - 07:29 AM

So he's too [expletive] to be out on front street to show his face to the angry fans

The forehead, John Ireland say he does watch it, but from the suit..... He just keeps out of site

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#2088 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,979 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 07:41 AM

He just needs to let the GM be a GM and stand back. Hate Miami, but I love how they gave Pat Riley the keys, the garage, the tools and staff to do what he wants
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#2089 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 448 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted March 08, 2014 - 08:16 AM

I think it's pretty safe to say that after this season, D'Antoni is gone. There really is no point in firing him now, let the season play out and make the decision after.

http://m.espn.go.com...toryId=10570169

#2090 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,225 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2014 - 08:22 AM

Dunno why I have this feeling MDA will be back and the lakers will blow it come draft night

#2091 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 08, 2014 - 08:25 AM

That doesnt say much so still its not a sure bet if mda will be fired end of season. So what if Mitch met with mda? Last i check GM met with coaches and players constantly throughout the season.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2092 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,366 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted March 08, 2014 - 08:26 AM

All we know for sure is MDA will still be the coach the rest of the year.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2093 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Off The Bench

• 1,774 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 08, 2014 - 08:36 AM

That doesnt say much so still its not a sure bet if mda will be fired end of season. So what if Mitch met with mda? Last i check GM met with coaches and players constantly throughout the season.

This is true but the timng certainly made it a tough coversation between management and coach.

#2094 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,517 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 08, 2014 - 10:05 AM

Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni

After a series of discussions following a stretch of historically bad losses this week, the Los Angeles Lakers do not believe an in-season coaching change will help the team and remain inclined to support Mike D'Antoni over the final 19 games of the season, sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com.

The Lakers have endured one of the most tumultuous seasons in franchise history, with injuries to future Hall of Famers Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash, constant tension between D'Antoni and forward Pau Gasol, the in-season trade of veteran point guard Steve Blake and numerous other injuries to key players.

While there is disappointment and frustration at the Lakers' abysmal 21-42 record, general manager Mitch Kupchak has maintained a strong relationship with D'Antoni and has appreciated the job he's done in keeping the team together and competitive on most nights.

Shortly after Thursday night's 48-point loss to the Los Angeles Clippers, Kupchak met separately with D'Antoni and vice president of player personnel Jim Buss to discuss the state of the team, sources told ESPN on Friday.

D'Antoni confirmed the meeting with Kupchak, characterizing it as "normal" before the Lakers played the Denver Nuggets on Friday.

"We just went over stuff and said, 'Well, we didn't play very well,'" D'Antoni said.

D'Antoni did not provide much additional information when asked about specifics of their conversation.

#2095 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted March 08, 2014 - 10:08 AM

Translation: MDA is doing a fine job with the tank.

Posted Image

#2096 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 448 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted March 08, 2014 - 10:18 AM

Exactly! They need him to get them a top draft pick. After that, he's history. It doesn't make sense for them to fire D'Antoni right now.

#2097 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2014 - 10:32 AM

won't happen till end of the season. Stop hoping for nothing lol.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#2098 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 08, 2014 - 10:36 AM

Literally the only reason he is still here.

#2099 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,879 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted March 08, 2014 - 10:46 AM

He is the tank master.  Having said that, he should be fired immediately following the end to this putrid season.  I would argue that losing is the best barometer for which players should come back next year.  Seeing how they deal with adversity should help for next year.  Furthermore, watching MDA languish over the course of the last 19 games should ensure his system gets exposed for the trash it is.  Looking forward to seeing how many OKC can drop tomorrow!

#2100 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted March 08, 2014 - 01:10 PM

Only 19 games left........might as well let him coach us to a top pick and then fire him

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users