Photo

D'Antoni Discussion - MDA unsure of job status moving foward (Pg. 141); Pushes to resolve future sooner rather than later, exit interview (Pg. 147)

Mike DAntoni MDA coach

• Please log in to reply
2952 replies to this topic

#481 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 5,411 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted March 26, 2013 - 12:34 PM

If he doesn't bench Pau soon I will go back on the fire d'antoni bus.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 39,007 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 12:37 PM

Don't know if this has been posted already, just found it interesting:

"Mike’s early reviews of Gasol were skeptical, to say the least, but he continues to start him … possibly at the suggestion of management, to see what they have before thinking about trading Pau," writes former Times columnist Mark Heisler for LakersNation.com

yo.

#483 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 26, 2013 - 01:01 PM

difference was the overall record was not pitiful like it is now under coach D.

Please don't call him that.  The implications alone are all wrong.

The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#484 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,265 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted March 26, 2013 - 01:21 PM

Don't know if this has been posted already, just found it interesting:

But why the hell would Mitch and management tell D'Antoni to start Pau? They're not dumb they know we are in danger of missing the playoffs and need to go back to the lineup that was working before Pau came back starting TOMORROW. Jim Buss maybe just maybe but Mitch Kupchak? He's smarter than that.

Edited by LakersChamps243, March 26, 2013 - 01:22 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#485 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted March 26, 2013 - 02:21 PM

LOL@ Soon as we start losing this useless thread comes up along with the Trade Pau thread. MDA won't be going anywhere folks.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#486 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,018 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 26, 2013 - 02:32 PM

Im curios whats going to happen with MDA. He defiantly isn't going to win much here. I don't think he is as ba as many of you all say but he is a average coach at best. He was suited for a certain team and this one wasnt it. Was hoping this would work out but too bad.

Though they are kinda stuck with the guy unless they wanna pay another coach to sit at home.

#487 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted March 26, 2013 - 02:58 PM

he doesn't have the trust of his players, that's a automatic sign that he's not going to be here next season.

#488 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 03:26 PM

he doesn't have the trust of his players, that's a automatic sign that he's not going to be here next season.

That's why Mike Brown was here during the start of te 12-13 season?

#489 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted March 27, 2013 - 05:28 AM

Please don't call him that.  The implications alone are all wrong.

lol my bad :wall:

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#490 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 27, 2013 - 06:08 AM

Im curios whats going to happen with MDA. He defiantly isn't going to win much here. I don't think he is as ba as many of you all say but he is a average coach at best. He was suited for a certain team and this one wasnt it. Was hoping this would work out but too bad.

Though they are kinda stuck with the guy unless they wanna pay another coach to sit at home.

I think you are wrong! In the beginning, I actually thought that MDA was a good hire at the and i think I, as many others, made a bit too many assumptions on his behalf.

I assumed that he would be able to accept that the Lakers' roster didn't fit his system.

I assumed that he would be able to customize a new unique hybrid offense, that would incorporate all of the strengths of the personel.

I assumed that he would be able to put together a good defensive scheme around Howard - the best defensive big in recent years.

I also assumed, that his old habits of "killing" players by stashing them on the bench would be minimized, because the roster was full of players with "unique" abilities.

I was wrong on all accounts. MDA was exactly what the critics thought he were - an extremely bad coach who doesn't care about defense, only coach one system and only have success if he has the right personal. Personally, I think his success with the Suns was due to the excellence of Nash and the rest of the personel. Had it been Pop, Tibs or PJ coaching these teams, Nash might have had a couple of Finals-MVPs to go with the regular season MVPs.

This is turning into a rant, i know but dont care. We need Brian Shaw or Phil. Now.

#491 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 06:23 AM

Give me COach Thibs over PJ & Shaw ^^^

#492 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,309 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted March 27, 2013 - 06:27 AM

Sorry, i accidentally clicked 'like' button, ha.

But what i wanted to say is there's no way Thibs is departing from Bulls. If they're able to keep the core they have and get Rose back fully healthy next season, Heat better watch out. The Bulls are going to be serious contenders for the Eastern Conference chip.

#493 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,971 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 27, 2013 - 06:34 AM

Thibs over PJ? The [expletive] people say
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#494 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 06:38 AM

Sorry, i accidentally clicked 'like' button, ha.

But what i wanted to say is there's no way Thibs is departing from Bulls. If they're able to keep the core they have and get Rose back fully healthy next season, Heat better watch out. The Bulls are going to be serious contenders for the Eastern Conference chip.

As long as Bulls have Deng as their #2 guy = THey will never be a legit Contender. Deng is a poormans version of a Star player. Rose needs much more especially another combo guard like himself but taller to compeat vs LBJ & Wade. Him by himself will get them 2nd rd or Ecfinals exit. They have a scheme that forces role players to play hard & their defense will always keep them respectable. But a championship contender no way with current roster.

Bulls have disrespected Thibs with not giving extension yet but I also dont think he will leave. Im just saying instead of offering PJ $12 Mill to come offer more than Bulls low ball offer to Thibs that will eventually be talked about.  

#495 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,309 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted March 27, 2013 - 07:15 AM

As long as Bulls have Deng as their #2 guy = THey will never be a legit Contender. Deng is a poormans version of a Star player. Rose needs much more especially another combo guard like himself but taller to compeat vs LBJ & Wade. Him by himself will get them 2nd rd or Ecfinals exit. They have a scheme that forces role players to play hard & their defense will always keep them respectable. But a championship contender no way with current roster.

Bulls have disrespected Thibs with not giving extension yet but I also dont think he will leave. Im just saying instead of offering PJ $12 Mill to come offer more than Bulls low ball offer to Thibs that will eventually be talked about.  

Deng and Boozer are tied for the #2 option IMO, with Noah being the 3rd. Bulls have excellent role and bench players who can cause a headache for opposing teams night in and night out and this has happened even this season without Rose.

Excellent defense, good rebounding, good offense (which will become great once Rose is back), great role players, great coach. I think they're possibly the only team in the east next season who Heat has to seriously worry about, unless Pacers get their offensive play in shape. 

#496 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,826 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted March 27, 2013 - 07:38 AM

lol no

#497 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 07:46 AM

Thibs over PJ? The [expletive] people say

PJ aint coming back

#498 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 07:48 AM

Deng and Boozer are tied for the #2 option IMO, with Noah being the 3rd. Bulls have excellent role and bench players who can cause a headache for opposing teams night in and night out and this has happened even this season without Rose.

Excellent defense, good rebounding, good offense (which will become great once Rose is back), great role players, great coach. I think they're possibly the only team in the east next season who Heat has to seriously worry about, unless Pacers get their offensive play in shape. 

Without some1 that is dominant like Rose they cant beat Heat in 7 gm series. but I agree with everything above. Boozer always comes up short when his team needs himt he most so I never take him seriously as #2.

#499 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts

Posted March 27, 2013 - 08:20 AM

PJ aint coming back

At least somebody is realistic here. There are other coaches besides PJ you know....

#500 David

David

Superstar

• 7,968 posts

Posted March 28, 2013 - 06:25 PM

This team does not know how to play together. They have no rhythm or consistency. Offensively, everybody just watches the Kobe Bryant show. When we go down low, everyone just watches instead of cutting to the lane. MDA's has only two plays in his playbook: ISO and shoot 3s. Defensively, we are late on our rotations and lack communication. When Dwight goes out, we are basically asking the other team to attack the paint. 

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mike, DAntoni, MDA, coach

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users