Photo

Hack-A-Dwight

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

• 40,416 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 05:59 PM

I checked the box score, [expletive]... is that a FT record by howard by any chance?

Lakers, Shaq, 2nd now.

yo.

#82 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,983 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 12, 2013 - 06:58 PM

This stupid gambit never worked with Shaq and it hasn't worked with Dwight.

So dumb.

• 40,416 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:03 PM

^ I wouldn't say never. I can already recall early in the season when Mike Brown was here a few games that we lost because of it. Dwight hasn't really gotten' the Hack-A-Dwight on him in legitimately tense & clutch situations in a while though including today. We had a reasonably comfortable lead so really, you can't even compare that kind of pressure compared to a super close ball-game late in the 4th.

yo.

#84 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:08 PM

dwight should learn to hit some damn free throws then. he shoots like 90% in practice right? magic have the right to exploit his fts

• 40,416 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:12 PM

^ I absolutely agree with the strategy aspect, however, regarding today's game, it was pretty obvious as mentioned by several already, that the Magic & their Coach were only doing this to try & embarrass Dwight more than the strategy aspect of it, but it backfired nonetheless. It was a little bit of a cheap move considering the intent behind it.

yo.

#86 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,983 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:31 PM

It flat out doesn't work.

Kills any momentum for the other team, puts the whole team in foul trouble and does nothing but give rest to a team that needs it if they've been running the whole game. It compromises a team more than it helps.

It is dumb.

#87 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,803 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:31 PM

^ I wouldn't say never. I can already recall early in the season when Mike Brown was here a few games that we lost because of it. Dwight hasn't really gotten' the Hack-A-Dwight on him in legitimately tense & clutch situations in a while though including today. We had a reasonably comfortable lead so really, you can't even compare that kind of pressure compared to a super close ball-game late in the 4th.

No he did, cant recall if it was against NO , RAP , or CHI .. but defiantly he make them and it was clutch fts

#88 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,803 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:33 PM

It flat out doesn't work.

Kills any momentum for the other team, puts the whole team in foul trouble and does nothing but give rest to a team that needs it if they've been running the whole game. It compromises a team more than it helps.

It is dumb.

Yeah thats what i thought too. I don't think tomorrow is considered as back to back, it was more of mental practice for Dwight, and stat padding.

• 40,416 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:34 PM

No he did, cant recall if it was against NO , RAP , or CHI .. but defiantly he make them and it was clutch fts

I remember, but I also remember that they weren't many so you can't really say cause they didn't stick with it long enough. To his credit he knocked down the first two and then like 1 out of the 2 the next time or something like that and they stopped.

yo.

#90 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,460 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 13, 2013 - 05:28 PM

Hack-A-Howard

Please change topic title

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#91 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted March 13, 2013 - 05:36 PM

The hack a whoever is a poor sport tactic and I would love to drop em and laugh towards their bench after. They could after a certain number of these access a posession after the shots, thus negating the unofficial turnover.

• 40,416 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:21 PM

Hack-A-Howard

Please change topic title

Doesn't Hack-A-Dwight roll off the tongue more nicely though than Hack-A-Howard? That one syllable as opposed to two really makes a difference, at least to me.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users