#41 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 03, 2012 - 09:42 AM

Everything matters in a game, if you start saying that this or that doesn't matter...

Well it really hurt that Kobe stopped playing defense.

#42 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,310 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted December 03, 2012 - 09:43 AM

We shouldn't be complaining about this, because we would do the same thing. Dwight should be working on a way of improving his FT shooting.

this
he gets payed millions just for playing basketball, IT´s HIS JOB to improve or at least maintain his level

Well it really hurt that Kobe stopped playing defense.

kobe cant play defense the whole game, that moment in his career has passed, i love kobe and his attitude, his drive, etc, but he´s not young anymore, the coach should understand that

Edited by flota, December 03, 2012 - 09:46 AM.

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#43 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 03, 2012 - 09:52 AM

Ehh thing is we would be loving the hack a dwight if we were on the other side. Its what we you get for bad FT%. It hasnt been changed sense shaq doubt it will change

not me i dont care if its hack a kobe its still boring to watch fts for half the game
Posted Image

#44 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted December 03, 2012 - 11:39 AM

this
he gets payed millions just for playing basketball, IT´s HIS JOB to improve or at least maintain his level

kobe cant play defense the whole game, that moment in his career has passed, i love kobe and his attitude, his drive, etc, but he´s not young anymore, the coach should understand that

Lame excuse. Kobe can play defense but he's too lazy or he's busy cheating off his man. The only reason we let it slide is because he's so valuable on offense.

Edited by Projekt, December 03, 2012 - 12:20 PM.

#45 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 03, 2012 - 11:40 AM

No excuse....at the end he played 0 defense. Re-watch the last 3 mins...he completely stopped playing defense. It was pathetic.

#46 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2012 - 11:52 AM

Our former center could hit free throws consistently. This FT issue is something we are not used to since the glorious Shaq-Kobe's days.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#47 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 03, 2012 - 01:28 PM

By any means nessasry
He has to hit his FTs

Duncan used to be horrible too........ but he got better
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#48 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 03, 2012 - 01:31 PM

Even if he shot 60% which is HORRIBLE..... it would put a stop to it
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#49 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim

Posted December 03, 2012 - 01:33 PM

So let me get this straight. We traded Bynum because he couldn't play on the court with Gasol, his health was a questionmark. However he can make free throws and was well on his way to a 20/10 career. Dwight can't play on the court with Gasol, we are still talking about he is not 100% healthy, HE CAN'T HIT FT's and is about 20/10. I know Dwight SHOULD be a better fit and HOPEFULLY will be better but DAMN!! Food for thought

What food for thought? Bynum won't be getting 20/10 or making free throws in street clothes on the bench. Bynum hasn't played a single SECOND for the Sixers and he might not even play this year.

#50 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 03, 2012 - 02:05 PM

Yup bynum would be a million dollar paperweight
Posted Image

• 40,385 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Why haven't teams done this against us in so long? It always seemed to work seemingly. Have they just forgotten or is it a matter of some kind of competitive respect/dignity?

yo.

#52 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,745 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:28 PM

Why haven't teams done this against us in so long? It always seemed to work seemingly. Have they just forgotten or is it a matter of some kind of competitive respect/dignity?

I think stern did something weird move

33bkfif.jpg

#53 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:30 PM

Buss started threatening them.

#54 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,127 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:33 PM

its quite simple when LA is on offense at end of close 4th sit D12; bring him back in on defense
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#55 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:33 PM

Depends on coaches and personnel of other team.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#56 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,513 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:34 PM

If we faced Spurs at the stretch we had with Portland tonight, Pop would unleash the Hack-a-Dwight asap.

• 40,385 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Seriously though, I mean I'm glad they're not doing it obviously, but from the opponent's perspective, it baffles me why more teams haven't done it since it just about gives them the best chance of winning or at least a fantastic one at that.

yo.

#58 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,127 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:40 PM

Seriously though, I mean I'm glad they're not doing it obviously, but from the opponent's perspective, it baffles me why more teams haven't done it since it just about gives them the best chance of winning or at least a fantastic one at that.

5 gms at beginning of season lost to hack a d12; then lakers started losing without having to do that to d12. teams will get desperate if la can get on winning streak & revert back to it.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

• 40,385 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 10:43 PM

There's some validity in that statement to some degree, however, we have been winning at a relatively more consistent pace lately and I'm still surprised teams just haven't reverted back to it already. Not sure why they'd really want to wait & diss a higher probability winning formula sacrificing games in the process.

yo.

#60 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 23, 2013 - 12:20 AM

I've personally been against this strategy for years, going back to when it was Hack-a-Shaq in LA.

I wish there would be a rule change on this. It's really not good for basketball fans to pay money to go watch the worst free throw shooters go to the line many times in a row.

The change to the rule that I have always thought would be fair is that regardless of who is fouled, whoever has the ball in his hands should be the one shooting the free throws, not the player off the ball.

Just my opinion. I don't care about Dwight missing, I just hate that this strategy is allowed because it sucks the excitement out of the game.

I heard billy mac say, the league was going to look into this rule this summer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users