#662 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 02, 2012 - 09:36 PM

I agree Pau played a bit too long but Ron was fine sans that last shot attempt. I actually take that back, the one problem I did have with D'Antoni was putting Ebanks in the game, that was a mistake. But the main thing tonight was just cockiness and laziness

ron shoots too much

Pau Gasol is GONE

#663 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,595 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted December 02, 2012 - 09:37 PM

Yeah it really is. You know why? Because his man scored 30 points. How often does that happen? Sure he cheats on certain possessions every game but not like tonight

kobe is not a good defender hasn't been for the last few years. You know why? He's old. That's why. Kobe doesn't even play man defense. He roams, that isn't defense.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#664 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,595 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted December 02, 2012 - 09:38 PM

It's BEEN time. WAY overdue. Sit his ass out for those reasons PLUS you've got a great 'back-up' desperately waiting in the wings HUNGRY who actually CARES about his job in Jordan Hill.

i know. I just never heard one of them say that.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#665 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 02, 2012 - 09:42 PM

kobe is not a good defender hasn't been for the last few years. You know why? He's old. That's why. Kobe doesn't even play man defense. He roams, that isn't defense.

You know why he has to roam most of the time? Because his teammates suck at guarding people. That's why. Just because he roams doesn't mean he doesn't disrupt passing lanes, that's defense just so you know. Plus he has to save his energy for offense as well since often times no one is doing [expletive] on that end. So would you rather he not roam on defense and play man all the time and wear himself out even more? Yeah ok dude. He doesn't even play man defense? Not the whole game, sure, but he still plays man defense every game for at least some possessions. Open your eyes.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#666 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 09:56 PM

Listening to the players in their post-game interviews say that they just need to work harder, play harder, need to be more consistent, etc. etc. is just as annoying as how they lose these games, and it's getting [expletive]ing old. Keep saying the same [expletive], yet don't do [expletive] to fix their problems. I'm surprised no one said that it was "still early in the season" though haha.

And I LOL'd hard at when Howard said "We want to win a championship." ORLY? Doesn't seem like it buddy.

#667 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 02, 2012 - 10:05 PM

I hate it when they talk (especially Pau). It's like: "Stop lying to my [expletive]ing face"

Edited by Windu, December 02, 2012 - 10:06 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#668 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,504 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 10:05 PM

I want Big Game James to just waltz in to their locker room, and just call them out for their lack of effort.

MMiRi9s.png

#669 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 10:31 PM

I doubt they would even listen to James Worthy. They don't even listen to their own excuses lol. They'll probably do it for one game and then [expletive] [expletive] up again the next. Lakers are like a spoiled, stubborn child that doesn't want to do anything right, and you just want to choke the [expletive] out of them.

#670 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 10:39 PM

Just got back from the game WTF happened?????

We were up 7 with 7 mins to go in the game I thought we'd just close it out. Then it was tied at 88 with 4 minutes left and they ended up with 113 points. How the eff did these guys botch this so bad? We gave up 40 points in that 4th quarter, they were making everything. At no point in time during this game until that last 4-5 minutes did me or the crowd ever feel antsy that the game was gonna be away from us. Thats an impressive shooting display that Orlando put up, we need to get better on Defense, that was just an inexcuseable performance in the last half of the 4th

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

• 40,400 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 10:43 PM

^ Inexcusable performance for MOST of the game, not just the 4th. This team has so many lapses it's ridiculous.

yo.

#672 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,748 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 02, 2012 - 11:19 PM

You know why he has to roam most of the time? Because his teammates suck at guarding people. That's why. Just because he roams doesn't mean he doesn't disrupt passing lanes, that's defense just so you know. Plus he has to save his energy for offense as well since often times no one is doing [expletive] on that end. So would you rather he not roam on defense and play man all the time and wear himself out even more? Yeah ok dude. He doesn't even play man defense? Not the whole game, sure, but he still plays man defense every game for at least some possessions. Open your eyes.

what a cop out. playing the passing lanes/roaming is gambling. gambling is not solid defense. when kobe does this, it means one of two things. 1, he doesn't respect the game of who he's guarding. 2, he's lazy.

kobe does still play great defense when he's up to it, but tonight showed the other side of that. afflalo straight torched us, and a lot of that was cuz of lazy d on kobe's part.

2div

#673 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 02, 2012 - 11:23 PM

Is it Fools Day? Did we really lose to the Magic at home? I can't believe it...

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#674 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted December 02, 2012 - 11:23 PM

Just like those wonderball toys, you never know what you're going to get with these Lakers.

#675 ____

____

All-Star

• 6,993 posts

Posted December 02, 2012 - 11:37 PM

Is it Fools Day? Did we really lose to the Magic at home? I can't believe it...

Better believe it! The Lakers are not an elite team. No killer instinct. They're just not a good team, period.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users