Photo

Kansas City Chiefs LB Jovan Belcher Killed His Girlfriend, Drove To The Chiefs Practice Facility, And Killed Himself

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,096 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 09:11 AM

Police are investigating two deadly shootings Saturday morning that they said are related.

The shootings involve a Chiefs player and his girlfriend.

The first shooting was reported about 8 a.m. at a home near 54th Street and Chrysler Avenue. The second shooting was reported a short time later at a Chiefs practice facility located on the Arrowhead facility.

Officials said the Chiefs player shot and killed his girlfriend and then drove to the practice facility where he shot and killed himself.

It's unknown if people were at Arrowhead or any of its surrounding facilities at the time.

http://deadspin.com/5964841/report-kansas-city-chiefs-lb-jovan-belcher-killed-his-girlfriend-drove-to-the-chiefs-practice-facility-and-killed-himself-[updating]

hR3rI.png

#2 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,279 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted December 01, 2012 - 09:13 AM

sad story
rumours say it was Jovan Belcher
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,309 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 01, 2012 - 09:18 AM

damn. wtf! crazy. as if 1-10 wasnt bad enough for the franchise to deal with.

#4 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 01, 2012 - 09:49 AM

Supposedly he murdered his girlfriend and offed himself at the facility in front of players. Just a tragic, tragic story.
htCCl0m.png

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 01, 2012 - 10:29 AM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher fatally shot his girlfriend early Saturday, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and committed suicide in front of his coach and general manager, police said.

Police said the 25-year-old killed his girlfriend and then went to the team practice facility, where he shot himself. Police did not identify the victim.

Members of the Chiefs organization told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that some players noticed Belcher was troubled in his car, and went in the facility and told someone, before coach Romeo Crennel and general manager Scott Pioli called police and went outside to talk to him. Belcher then killed himself in front of them.

Before turning the gun on himself, Belcher thanked Pioli and Crennel for all they had done for him, police spokesman Darin Snapp said.

Authorities received a call Saturday morning from a woman who said her daughter had been shot multiple times at a residence about five miles away from the Arrowhead complex.

"When we arrived, a lady informed us that her daughter had been shot multiple times by her boyfriend, by the daughter's boyfriend," Snapp said. "She identified him as a Chiefs player."

Snapp said a call was then received from the Chiefs' facility.

"The description matched the suspect description from that other address. We kind of knew what we were dealing with," he said. The player was "holding a gun to his head" as he stood in front of the front doors of the practice facility.

"And there were Pioli and Crennel and another coach or employee was standing outside and appeared to be talking to him. It appeared they were talking to the suspect," Snapp said. "The suspect began to walk in the opposite direction of the coaches and the officers and that's when they heard the gunshot. It appears he took his own life."

The coaches told police they never felt in any danger, Snapp said.

"They said the player was actually thanking them for everything they'd done for him," he said. "They were just talking to him and he was thanking them and everything. That's when he walked away and shot himself."

Snapp described the girlfriend as in her early 20s and that she and the player had a child together. He said the woman's mother told police they had recently been arguing.

Arrowhead Stadium has been lockdown since about 8 a.m.

"We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning," the Chiefs said in a statement. "We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

Belcher, a former Maine player, had started 44 of 59 games in his four seasons for the Chiefs, recording a career-high 61 tackles in 2011.

Kansas City is scheduled to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. The league has informed the Panthers to travel as scheduled because the game is going on as scheduled.

The Chiefs, expected to contend for the AFC West title, are 1-10 and mired in an eight-game losing streak.

The Chiefs have been ravaged by injuries, lead the league in turnovers, can't settle on a quarterback and are dealing with a full-fledged fan rebellion.

Things have been so bad this season that Crennel fired himself as defensive coordinator. The Twitter account for a fan group known as "Save Our Chiefs" recently surpassed 80,000 followers, about 17,000 more than the announced crowd at a recent game.

It's ridiculous what we do to ourselves.

Sad story

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 10:35 AM

http://lakernation.c...mmited-suicide/

Pau Gasol is GONE

#7 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 01, 2012 - 10:39 AM

yep, read about this @ yahoo

why does it always have to end this way with some people?

sigh....

#8 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,244 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted December 01, 2012 - 10:46 AM

Very very tragic. Just thinking how many murders the NFL family has had to hear about in the past couple of years is gut wrenching.

#9 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,768 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 01, 2012 - 12:27 PM

What's gut wrenching is that one U.S. Soldier who has served commits suicide everyday. The suicide of an NFL player is tragic no doubt, I can only feel for his family and for the coaches who witnessed his suicide; but I don't find this to be breaking news when national heroes are killing themselves everyday.

Again, it is sad no doubt, but I don't think it should be trending so much in the social media. This also goes to show that money is not everything.

Edited by -Wade-, December 01, 2012 - 12:27 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,309 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 01, 2012 - 01:52 PM

Before turning the gun on himself, Belcher thanked Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennel for all they had done for him, Snapp said.
http://boston.cbsloc...irlfriend-self/

#11 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,009 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted December 01, 2012 - 04:00 PM

Eh, don't feel no sympathy for this guy at all

Rot in Hell

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#12 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,009 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted December 01, 2012 - 06:35 PM

I don't feel for the guy either. I feel for his girlfriend and his kid who is now an orphan.

He's not an orphan lol but ya I do too

the grandparents will take care of the kid

an orphan is when they are in the Orphanage and they're waiting to be adopted

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#13 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,308 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted December 01, 2012 - 06:56 PM

He's not an orphan lol but ya I do too

the grandparents will take care of the kid

an orphan is when they are in the Orphanage and they're waiting to be adopted

Not true.

Feel terrible for the families.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#14 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,471 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 02, 2012 - 01:15 AM

Yea its one thing to kill yourself which usually has to deal with concussion when it come to football. Junior seau is an example. Just a constant depression that you can take it but this guy killed another. From what I have known of depression it doesn't deal with killing others just yourself.

This guy is no better than any of the other murder suicide losers in the world.

Feel bad for the girlfriend and the kid.

#15 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,471 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 02, 2012 - 01:18 AM

I kinda curious what the team is gonna do next game. I would be socked if they do a moment of silence or a sticker thing or something for him. Should be shunned by the organization. He's a murderer and nothing more.

#16 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,858 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:47 PM

http://www.schnittsh...rticle=10613083

Sounds like the kid was bad news

A caller to a radio show calls in, and tells stories about Javon Belcher from when belcher was a young kid.

There looks like there are angles on this story, that the main stream media will not TOUCH...

#17 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts

Posted December 05, 2012 - 05:57 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- Inside the Kansas City home that Jovan Belcher fled, his baby daughter wailed, his mother was in hysterics and his girlfriend was quiet. Barely breathing.

This is what the NFL linebacker left behind on Saturday in a rush of violence that left many wondering why.

Few answers came from 911 tapes released this week by police. But the tapes provide a heartbreaking soundtrack of the fleeting moments the morning that police say Belcher killed his girlfriend Kasandra Perkins and then later turned the gun on himself just outside the front door of the Chiefs' practice facility.

Opinion: Manhood, football and suicide

"Oh my God. Oh my God. Cassie," Belcher's mother, Cheryl Shepherd, bawled. "The baby is crying ... Please get the ambulance here!"

"OK, we're on the way, " the dispatcher said. "We've been on the way the whole time. How old is the patient?"

Pau Gasol is GONE

#18 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts

Posted January 14, 2013 - 02:38 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...e-times-autopsy

shot her nine times ugh

Pau Gasol is GONE