Jordan Hill should be traded

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#141 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 06:55 PM

cannot keep pau and hill. have to trade one. whichever makes the most sense and gets the best value
Posted Image

#142 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,007 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 10, 2012 - 07:01 PM

cannot keep pau and hill. have to trade one. whichever makes the most sense and gets the best value

why not trade both?if we get a PF in return , then we'd just do like we did when pau was playing, play either that PF or dwight as the 2nd unit center, hill wouldnt get playing time..

ilyasova, barbosa, udrih ,,,,we keep our size and rebounding adv and we get the stretch 4 ,,,and we improve our 2nd unit.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#143 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 10, 2012 - 07:05 PM

I don't think people realize that if we trade Pau we will be taking back less talent.. unless it's LA or Kevin Love

#144 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,013 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 10, 2012 - 07:10 PM

I don't think people realize that if we trade Pau we will be taking back less talent.. unless it's LA or Kevin Love

false

pau hasn't exercised his so-called talent in nearly 3 years

And LA and Love aren't the only players superior to Pau...not even close.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#145 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,007 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 07:26 PM

what i dont think people realize , is that our bench is our main problem

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#146 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,044 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 10, 2012 - 07:26 PM

false

pau hasn't exercised his so-called talent in nearly 3 years

And LA and Love aren't the only players superior to Pau...not even close.

also read an article about why Pau was out of shape coming into the season.

After the Olympics he went off with his girlfriend on this spiritual journey of sorts and got really into meditation and when they left he didn't want to leave -_- He did this to try to clear his mind and get over his "sensitivities" and such.

Yeah.... so he came into camp out of shape because he went on a spiritual journey after the Olympics. How's that work out?

If anything coming into camp out of shape like he did was WORSE for his knees :smh:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#147 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,007 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 05:47 AM

keep pau,,he'll play good with nash,,and he can help lead the 2nd unit with delonte creating offense off the wing.

trade Hill, get a SF to take minutes away from Metta Worlds slowest feet/worlds worst ballhandler,,, the SF we get will also make our 2nd unit stronger,,,any suggestions?

disclaimer: I WISH we could trade Jamison instead, but thatd be mean cuz the old POS signed for less to win..

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 12, 2012 - 05:56 AM.

#148 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted December 12, 2012 - 06:55 AM

I can't believe you guys believe we can get LA for Pau....no chance in hell this trade would happen...unless you include 2 other teams.

#149 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,007 posts

Posted December 12, 2012 - 10:59 PM

does antawn become tradeable when Pau gets back? now that Hill has taken his spot.... do we trade a vet who took less money with us to win a ring?(i sure hope so)

#150 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,341 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 01:01 AM

does antawn become tradeable when Pau gets back? now that Hill has taken his spot.... do we trade a vet who took less money with us to win a ring?(i sure hope so)

We'll never trade Antawn Jamison. He has the best contract in the league and is a good fit in the D'Antoni system as well as a good locker-room guy. Also, he has been very solid so far in spite of a few bad shooting days.
I think it's going to be either Hill or Pau who could be traded, if any.

#151 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,007 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 04:34 AM

We'll never trade Antawn Jamison. He has the best contract in the league and is a good fit in the D'Antoni system as well as a good locker-room guy. Also, he has been very solid so far in spite of a few bad shooting days.
I think it's going to be either Hill or Pau who could be traded, if any.

antawn has been the most disapointing aquisition in laker history (lol). but for real,,, how many open 3s is this guy gunna miss, and when HE is in, we always give up mad offensive rebounds,,, he just doesnt do enough good on offense to make up for his horrible rebounding and defense. i was very excited to have antawn on this team, and he's let me down,,,,im all for players who fit the system,but,Jordan Hill does so much more for our team while not fitting the system,,,since we have depth at the posistion,I WOULD LIKE TO TRADE ANTAWN FOR A PLAYER AT A DIFFERENT POSITION WHO FITS THE SYSTEM,,,WHOS WITH ME

even antawn for Derrick Williams is an upgrade, and im not a fan of Williams,,,but he can play the 3 and he has more game than Antawn,imo

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 13, 2012 - 04:37 AM.

#152 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,341 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:04 AM

antawn has been the most disapointing aquisition in laker history (lol). but for real,,, how many open 3s is this guy gunna miss, and when HE is in, we always give up mad offensive rebounds,,, he just doesnt do enough good on offense to make up for his horrible rebounding and defense. i was very excited to have antawn on this team, and he's let me down,,,,im all for players who fit the system,but,Jordan Hill does so much more for our team while not fitting the system,,,since we have depth at the posistion,I WOULD LIKE TO TRADE ANTAWN FOR A PLAYER AT A DIFFERENT POSITION WHO FITS THE SYSTEM,,,WHOS WITH ME

even antawn for Derrick Williams is an upgrade, and im not a fan of Williams,,,but he can play the 3 and he has more game than Antawn,imo

Antawn is our third cheapest player (only Sacre and DJO are paid less, but they're not playing) and as a 4th big, we wont find better value elsewhere.
IMO he needs to be playing about 15 mpg as a stretch-4, and mostly when Howard is on the floor. Putting him on the floor as a 3 is a bad idea because of his defensive limitations. Instead we need a back-up 3 as well as someone who can play back-up PG.

Which other team have a 4th big with the quality and price of Jamison?

#153 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,007 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:09 AM

Antawn is our third cheapest player (only Sacre and DJO are paid less, but they're not playing) and as a 4th big, we wont find better value elsewhere.
IMO he needs to be playing about 15 mpg as a stretch-4, and mostly when Howard is on the floor. Putting him on the floor as a 3 is a bad idea because of his defensive limitations. Instead we need a back-up 3 as well as someone who can play back-up PG.

Which other team have a 4th big with the quality and price of Jamison?

1. if u didnt notice when pau was playing,,,our 4th big gets ZERO playing time(was hill)
2.if u havnt noticed,Jamison has only played the 4 under Dantoni, mostly with dwight to pick up Twans slack on the boards,and still, we give up WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many offensive rebounds ,it kills us,,Antawn kills us(he doesnt make up for it with his offense like i thought he would)
TRADE HIM for a wing(the 4th big doesnt play for Dantoni)

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 13, 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#154 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,341 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 06:55 AM

1. if u didnt notice when pau was playing,,,our 4th big gets ZERO playing time(was hill)
2.if u havnt noticed,Jamison has only played the 4 under Dantoni, mostly with dwight to pick up Twans slack on the boards,and still, we give up WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too many offensive rebounds ,it kills us,,Antawn kills us(he doesnt make up for it with his offense like i thought he would)
TRADE HIM for a wing(the 4th big doesnt play for Dantoni)

Dont really think you're correct on these points.
1. Hill didn't play, but that's more because D'Antoni prefer stretch-4s like Jamison, rather than Hill. This, in fact, was the reason why i started this thread.
2. Jamison is not a great offensive rebounder, but he is good enough. His offensive rebound rate is at 7.4 - which better than Griffin, Marion and Josh Smith just to name a few.
Im not saying, that Jamison is the perfect big off the bench. I'm saying that as a 4th big, for the vets minimum he is good value, especially with his lockerroom intangibles. Also, efficiency ratings, +/- stats, on-vs-off- court production, opponent production and traditional stats support this.

#155 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,007 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:03 AM

Dont really think you're correct on these points.
1. Hill didn't play, but that's more because D'Antoni prefer stretch-4s like Jamison, rather than Hill. This, in fact, was the reason why i started this thread.
2. Jamison is not a great offensive rebounder, but he is good enough. His offensive rebound rate is at 7.4 - which better than Griffin, Marion and Josh Smith just to name a few.
Im not saying, that Jamison is the perfect big off the bench. I'm saying that as a 4th big, for the vets minimum he is good value, especially with his lockerroom intangibles. Also, efficiency ratings, +/- stats, on-vs-off- court production, opponent production and traditional stats support this.

1. ive been saying that jamison gives up offensive rebounds - so he is not a good defensive rebounder,,if you want to prove me wrong with a stat, give me how many offensive rebounds the lakers give up when jamison is in the game,,,thats the only stat i want,only stat that matters here.
2. the 4th big doesnt play for Dantoni,,,Jamison will be no different , Dantoni is no longer in love with Jamison, Jamison has been missing all of his "stretch 4 shots" ,,,i LOVED Jamison signing with us,,,but he has proved me wrong,,,dont be afraid to fall out of love with a player! Hill should permanantly take his spot,, and jamison should be traded for a position of need(SF). WHY DID WE SIGN BOTH JAMISON AND HILL AND NOT A SF.

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 13, 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#156 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,341 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:27 AM

1. ive been saying that jamison gives up offensive rebounds - so he is not a good defensive rebounder,,if you want to prove me wrong with a stat, give me how many offensive rebounds the lakers give up when jamison is in the game,,,thats the only stat i want,only stat that matters here.
2. the 4th big doesnt play for Dantoni,,,Jamison will be no different , Dantoni is no longer in love with Jamison, Jamison has been missing all of his "stretch 4 shots" ,,,i LOVED Jamison signing with us,,,but he has proved me wrong,,,dont be afraid to fall out of love with a player! Hill should permanantly take his spot,, and jamison should be traded for a position of need(SF). WHY DID WE SIGN BOTH JAMISON AND HILL AND NOT A SF.

Allright, here we go.
1. Jamison is not a great defensive rebounder (around 50 out of 75 PFs). But right now the Lakers lead the league in both offensive and total rebounds, while we're 4th in defensive rebounds, so this is really not our biggest issue. Also, when he is on the court, he usually plays alongside Howard who is a great defensive rebounder. I remember John Hollinger wrote an article once, where he was trying to find out who would be the best fit next to Dwight Howard. One of the things he wrote was, that a great defensive rebounder would be wasted next to a guy like Howard. I wouldn't go that far, but he does have a point.
This is it: http://insider.espn....ntial-teammates
2. Jamison havent been as good as we could have hoped. But he have been solid. I also dont care what D'Antoni thinks and i dont buy that 8-man-roster crap. IMO we need a 4th big so that we can limit both Pau's and Howard's minutes. With all these old guys on our team i think we need to give 10 guys significant playing time. Pau even said it a few years back when it was Odom-Pau-Bynum, that they should have had a 4th big because during the course of the season playing 35 mpg wears you out and increase the chance of injury.
The problem with Hill is that he doesn't spread the floor enough and doesn't really play that good defense either.

#157 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,007 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:32 AM

Allright, here we go.
1. Jamison is not a great defensive rebounder (around 50 out of 75 PFs). But right now the Lakers lead the league in both offensive and total rebounds, while we're 4th in defensive rebounds, so this is really not our biggest issue. Also, when he is on the court, he usually plays alongside Howard who is a great defensive rebounder. I remember John Hollinger wrote an article once, where he was trying to find out who would be the best fit next to Dwight Howard. One of the things he wrote was, that a great defensive rebounder would be wasted next to a guy like Howard. I wouldn't go that far, but he does have a point.
This is it: http://insider.espn....ntial-teammates
2. Jamison havent been as good as we could have hoped. But he have been solid. I also dont care what D'Antoni thinks and i dont buy that 8-man-roster crap. IMO we need a 4th big so that we can limit both Pau's and Howard's minutes. With all these old guys on our team i think we need to give 10 guys significant playing time. Pau even said it a few years back when it was Odom-Pau-Bynum, that they should have had a 4th big because during the course of the season playing 35 mpg wears you out and increase the chance of injury.
The problem with Hill is that he doesn't spread the floor enough and doesn't really play that good defense either.

weve given up 15+ offensive rebounds several times in the last 5 games,if u havnt noticed, and its really helped us lose. this is why Hill is getting Antawns minutes,btw... and also, Hill has convinced me that hes a good defensive player, good at the very least,,,i was unaware of this until this year...

and once pau is back,,its up in the air if Antawn will play with dwight,,and if he doesnt,rebounding will be a BIG issue

#158 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,341 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:49 AM

weve given up 15+ offensive rebounds several times in the last 5 games,if u havnt noticed, and its really helped us lose. this is why Hill is getting Antawns minutes,btw... and also, Hill has convinced me that hes a good defensive player, good at the very least,,,i was unaware of this until this year...

and once pau is back,,its up in the air if Antawn will play with dwight,,and if he doesnt,rebounding will be a BIG issue

We've outrebounded our opponent over the last 5 games, if you havnt noticed. Rebounding is seriously not an issue with this team.
Defense, FTs and TOs are our main problems.
Who do you think we can get for Jamison, now that you're so eager to trade him?

#159 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,007 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:53 AM

We've outrebounded our opponent over the last 5 games, if you havnt noticed. Rebounding is seriously not an issue with this team.
Defense, FTs and TOs are our main problems.
Who do you think we can get for Jamison, now that you're so eager to trade him?

DUDE IM DONE WITH U. WEVE GIVIN UP SOOOOO MANY OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS. IDC IF WE OUTREBOUNDED THE OTHER TEAM, WE SHOULD HAVE OUTREBOUNDED THEM BY MORE

#160 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,341 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:57 AM

DUDE IM DONE WITH U. WEVE GIVIN UP SOOOOO MANY OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS. IDC IF WE OUTREBOUNDED THE OTHER TEAM, WE SHOULD HAVE OUTREBOUNDED THEM BY MORE

Allright, whatever. I think Jamison have been decent, but if the right deal came along i'd trade him as well.

Who do you think we can get for Jamison?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users