243 replies to this topic

#121 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:37 PM

Why would you want to trade you energy dude off your bench?

cuz his job right now is to have energy on the bench, and i think Sacre is a better fit for that role

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#122 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,380 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:48 PM

cuz his job right now is to have energy on the bench, and i think Sacre is a better fit for that role

Rarely do I get at someone on this site but DUDE you have serious basketball IQ issues. Sacre is pitiful right now. He's even stinking up the D-League right now. He has way more energy on the bench than he does on the court. Sacre is a project, Hill is real right now. Sacre is at least two years removed from being an adequate player. His only benefit is a big body at practice and he only makes around 500K per year

#123 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:57 PM

If we can trade Hill to improve our line up then do it. Right now Hill aint getting much minutes.
Laker fan for life.

#124 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:58 PM

Rarely do I get at someone on this site but DUDE you have serious basketball IQ issues. Sacre is pitiful right now. He's even stinking up the D-League right now. He has way more energy on the bench than he does on the court. Sacre is a project, Hill is real right now. Sacre is at least two years removed from being an adequate player. His only benefit is a big body at practice and he only makes around 500K per year

lol. i said since hill isnt playing,at all, sacre should fill that role[OF NOT PLAYING/ENERGY GUY(OF THE DAMN BENCH = A DAMN CHEERLEEDER)]. im not a sacre fan bro, and in fact, ima jordan hill fan. but i DIDNT want to resign Hill after we signed Jamison ,for THIS reason, hes gettting no minutes. i know he's at the very least health insurance right now,,but i think we need insurance for mwp and meeks more(their play)...

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 03, 2012 - 05:01 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#125 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,380 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 03, 2012 - 05:16 PM

lol. i said since hill isnt playing,at all, sacre should fill that role[OF NOT PLAYING/ENERGY GUY(OF THE DAMN BENCH = A DAMN CHEERLEEDER)]. im not a sacre fan bro, and in fact, ima jordan hill fan. but i DIDNT want to resign Hill after we signed Jamison ,for THIS reason, hes gettting no minutes. i know he's at the very least health insurance right now,,but i think we need insurance for mwp and meeks more(their play)...

My Bad. That's why I don't get at people on this site :laughing:

#126 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2012 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. I could not tell if he was making a joke or being serious o0

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

• 40,407 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 05:31 PM

Earl Clark over Jordan Hill. Yup, time to trade the predator.

yo.

#128 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 04, 2012 - 05:35 PM

Posted Image

#129 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 06:47 PM

jordan hill is just the backup center now, clark hasnt jumped him in the rotation. and @LAKERFAN75, its all good, ive done the same thing before.. lol

also tho, jordan hill is pretty damn good at getting blocks on D. another reason why i want to trade pau for wing pieces, play Hill more

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 04, 2012 - 06:51 PM.

• 40,407 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:02 PM

jordan hill is just the backup center now, clark hasnt jumped him in the rotation. and @LAKERFAN75, its all good, ive done the same thing before.. lol

also tho, jordan hill is pretty damn good at getting blocks on D. another reason why i want to trade pau for wing pieces, play Hill more

Goes without mentioning if you've been following the Lakers all season as well as last when Jordan first started getting his opportunity. It's what he does, good D, blocks shots, contests shots, changes/alters shots, grabs boards, hustles, plays with energy, athletic, mobile, can defend the pick & roll, etc. Jordan Hill the player has never been the issue. It's the coach whom has some kind of historied unfair grudge against him.

yo.

#131 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:05 PM

Goes without mentioning if you've been following the Lakers all season as well as last when Jordan first started getting his opportunity. It's what he does, good D, blocks shots, contests shots, changes/alters shots, grabs boards, hustles, plays with energy, athletic, mobile, can defend the pick & roll, etc. Jordan Hill the player has never been the issue. It's the coach whom has some kind of historied unfair grudge against him.

youre right, i have noticed that he always contests and changes shots,,,i just havnt seen him block so many. but honestly, since his first game vs OKC, he's looked like one of the best offensive rebounders of all time...

#132 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 691 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:41 PM

I don't get it. Earl Clark is so bad, I haven't seen a single good play from him yet tonight
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

• 40,407 posts

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:44 PM

^ Ebanks got a rare opportunity last game (didn't play at all tonight), tonight it was Mr. Clark's turn.

yo.

#134 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 691 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:58 PM

Jordan Hill with 9 points, 9 rebounds and 3 blocks in 14 minutes. I would love to see him play 25+ min one game to see if he could kep the production level up.
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#135 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,202 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 04, 2012 - 07:59 PM

Seriously Clark and Centers interior defense was WONDERFUL tonight!!!!! Hope to see it more.

The hero ball of Morris and lack of defense from Meeks was bothersome.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#136 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 05:52 PM

LAL - Beasley,illyasova,udrih : illyasova is the stretch 4 that we want, even tho hes not shooing well from 3 this year,he shot GREAT from 3 last year(cant shoot it worse than Jamison) , he boards well(better than jamison), and he plays solid D,,,,Udrih is very underrated and hed be a HUGE upgrade at backup PG for us ,,,, beasley would help udrih and either illyasova or dwight lead a potent 2nd unit for us.

Bucks- pau : bucks now have 3 big time scorers , they already have the wing scoring covered, now pau can get them some easy buckets

Suns - c.lee , jamison : new report on HoopsHype says the Suns are most likely over Beasley and making him available . Courtney Lee and Jamison would make up Beasley's production.

BOS - jordan hill : Boston needs size, reports say theyd even be willing to give up Jeff Green for some size(i dont think theyd give up Green for Hill,tho)

#137 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,202 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 06:16 PM

HECK...FREAKING...NO!!!

Getting rid of Pau and Ebanks for Ariza, Williams and Barea trumps that and you get to keep Hill.

We don't trade Hill under ANY circumstances while there's offers to deepen our bench for Pau.

the thing about Illyasova is that it makes no point to get a player that basically does the same thing as Jamison. You get someone that is an upgrade at positions for the positions that matter

Barea is an upgrade over Morris
Ariza is an upgrade over Ebanks
Williams is here or there but would be there for athleticism and size and could do no worse than Clark to be honest.
Hill would still be there

This is why that Minnesota, Washington etc trade is probably the one we should take if Atlanta doesn't give us Josh Smith. Because we keep the people on our bench that are actually producing and we add more productive weapons alongside them. That to me is what trumps all else.

But no, not under any circumstances should we ever trade Jordan Hill.

#138 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 06:27 PM

HECK...FREAKING...NO!!!

Getting rid of Pau and Ebanks for Ariza, Williams and Barea trumps that and you get to keep Hill.

We don't trade Hill under ANY circumstances while there's offers to deepen our bench for Pau.

the thing about Illyasova is that it makes no point to get a player that basically does the same thing as Jamison. You get someone that is an upgrade at positions for the positions that matter

Barea is an upgrade over Morris
Ariza is an upgrade over Ebanks
Williams is here or there but would be there for athleticism and size and could do no worse than Clark to be honest.
Hill would still be there

This is why that Minnesota, Washington etc trade is probably the one we should take if Atlanta doesn't give us Josh Smith. Because we keep the people on our bench that are actually producing and we add more productive weapons alongside them. That to me is what trumps all else.

But no, not under any circumstances should we ever trade Jordan Hill.

im starting to think that we need to get a starting PF back for Pau,,,bcuz HIll shouldnt start for us because he cant stretch the floor(nash and dwight need it stretched) and Jamison shouldnt start because hes a liability on the boards and on D.. so i think trading for ilyasova(we need to get a bench for pau too), in the above trade, would help our team the most, ilyasova can rebound the ball man, he avg 9 in 27 mpg last year, plus he shot 45% from 3 last year,,hes the perfect 4 for our team

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 10, 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#139 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,202 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 06:35 PM

im starting to think that we need to get a starting PF back for Pau,,,bcuz HIll shouldnt start for us because he cant stretch the floor(nash and dwight need it stretched) and Jamison shouldnt start because hes a liability on the boards and on D.. so i think trading for ilyasova(we need to get a bench for pau too), in the above trade, would help our team the most, ilyasova can rebound the ball man, he avg 9 in 27 mpg last year, plus he shot 45% from 3 last year,,hes the perfect 4 for our team

um... Jamison isn't a liability on rebounds...

Defensively probably, but no more than Pau, and he CAN stretch the floor better than Gasol. That's why people want Jamison to start over Pau.

Much rather get Barea, Ariza and Williams for Pau while keeping Hill.

Bench coming in with a lineup of

Duhon/Barea
Meeks
Ariza
Williams
Hill

That is a deep bench for us in my opinion and with the lineup of

Nash
Kobe
MWP
Jamison
Howard

is just fine. Especially since the defense at the 3 bench spot that ariza would take care if is very important especially when it comes to our bench stretching or keeping leads and we'd have 3 people on our bench with the ability to score for us and I think that's important as well.

#140 mikel24242

mikel24242

Rookie

• 1,390 posts
  • Name:mikel
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 10, 2012 - 06:48 PM

I for one believe pau will play much better when we get a true point back. There better at getting him the ball in his spots. I have the same worries and see most of the same problems as most of you. But we Dont have steve nash, and when we did it wasnt long enough to see anything. top that off with the fact that now we have Mike, and... seems to me everyone on our team wil be more comfortable with steve back.
"As far as me hitting a wall, so what if I did? I didn't, but so what if i did." - Kobe
what does it mean if you did?
"It means nothing" -Kobe
because...?....
"Cause, ill run strait through it" -Kobe

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users