#101 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,065 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 02, 2012 - 11:35 PM

D'antoni made it pretty apparent that the only reason Hill isn't getting playing time is because he's trying to give Pau a chance but that he doesn't feel Pau is 'athletically' able to do this.

He tried to say that in the nicest way possible during the presser. He WANTS to play Hill. He looked depressed at the presser talking about how he doesn't want to lose him and how he credits Hill for toughing it out and referred to Hill as a victim.

Fact is, until Pau is traded or given games off, or benched indefinitely he will eat away at Hill's minutes because Jamison is the better floor spacer at the 4.

If Pau was relegated to bench unit duties at the 5. Then Hill would get minutes at the 4. I think D'antoni is going to do that if Pau doesn't get traded. He really REALLY doesn't want to play Pau extended minutes, you can tell it in his pressers and he seems genuinely depressed that Hill is odd man out because of that.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#102 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:15 AM

Yea but he isnt playing at all. Unless pau gets hurt (oh please god get hurt for the season) I dont see him averaging more than 10 minutes. We cant trade him for a while anyway so if we do it will be because he is till getting little time. When the time comes hopfully he's getting more time and pau much much less.

That please get hurt thing really wasn't cool

#103 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:26 AM

D'Antoni is effin crazy. You can't defensively stop anyone lately; so you DNP our best defensive palyer???? WTF? He also left D12 out there in a Hack-a-Dwight situation for almost 8 minutes!! UnEFFING Believable!!

#104 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,065 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:56 AM

D'Antoni is effin crazy. You can't defensively stop anyone lately; so you DNP our best defensive palyer???? WTF? He also left D12 out there in a Hack-a-Dwight situation for almost 8 minutes!! UnEFFING Believable!!

Would you rather he put Gasol in and bench Dwight in the 4th in a close game? -_- And send a message that he has NO FAITH in Dwight to make his free throws by saying "yeah ima yank u. I don't trust you to knock them down."

Yeah that would do wonders for Dwight's mentality on it and his belief that the coach has faith in him...

THINK!

Edited by Majesty, December 03, 2012 - 04:57 AM.

#105 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 03, 2012 - 05:01 AM

personally I dont see how Hill made the team in the 1st place. I questioned everyone's confidence in him. When assembling a supporting cast behind our core players with the intentions to win a Chip, I didnt believe Hill was the right player.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#106 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,065 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 05:15 AM

personally I dont see how Hill made the team in the 1st place. I questioned everyone's confidence in him. When assembling a supporting cast behind our core players with the intentions to win a Chip, I didnt believe Hill was the right player.

If Gasol was moved to the bench, Hill would be the bench 4.

#107 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted December 03, 2012 - 05:35 AM

If Gasol was moved to the bench, Hill would be the bench 4.

But I believe Gasol is part of our core. Regardless if hes not the "right" core player or not theres absolutely no way I would bench Pau to give Hill minutes.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#108 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 03, 2012 - 06:30 AM

theres absolutely no way I would bench Pau to give Hill minutes.

If you cared about winning you would.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#109 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 03, 2012 - 06:36 AM

but hill is such a bad fit for the offense! hill cant hit a midrange jumper,at least pau can sometimes..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#110 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 06:56 AM

but hill is such a bad fit for the offense! hill cant hit a midrange jumper,at least pau can sometimes..

defense, rebounding, hustle are all things in which hill > pau.

the mike d'antoni bug has spread all over some people making them forget that ships are won with defense. Mike D'Antoni knows nothing about that.

pau loves to shoot his ineffective jumpers: that leaves him from engaging in any physical contact whatsoever. he just waits for a pass and puts it up...easy 20 mil.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#111 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 07:24 AM

How so? Is Hill gonna be the guy who leads the Lakers into the promised land?

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#112 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 07:26 AM

How so? Is Hill gonna be the guy who leads the Lakers into the promised land?

He's not gonna lead anything. But what he won't do is sabotage the team like Pau has been doing.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#113 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 07:31 AM

when you have Kobe, D12, MWP, Nash and Pau on the same starting roster it shouldnt matter if 1 player lags and acts a beeeyitch. Granted Nash has yet to play. But get my point....Kobe, D12, MWP, Nash and Hill isnt gonna be the deal breaker.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#114 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 03, 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hill had been playing pretty well from what I saw early in the season. The benching is unfortunate, I'd rather he start than Pau, even if we finish games with Jamison.

#115 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,093 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 08:34 AM

when you have Kobe, D12, MWP, Nash and Pau on the same starting roster it shouldnt matter if 1 player lags and acts a beeeyitch. Granted Nash has yet to play. But get my point....Kobe, D12, MWP, Nash and Hill isnt gonna be the deal breaker.

Pau has lagged and acted like a [expletive] for years...this is not new.

I understand what you're saying, but getting rid of Pau helps this team in more ways than one:

Team instantly becomes tougher

Team saves a lot of [expletive]ing money

At this point, it doesn't matter who we get for Pau...anyone would be an upgrade

Pau Gasol is GONE

#116 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,065 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 02:41 PM

But I believe Gasol is part of our core. Regardless if hes not the "right" core player or not theres absolutely no way I would bench Pau to give Hill minutes.

That's the problem. D'antoni is pressured to give Pau chances and not straight up bench him for Hill. You can tell when he plays Pau in situations it's something he really doesn't want to do but at times he benches him.

he even said after the game he didn't want to not play Hill and he thinks Hill is a victim. because Jamison stretches the 4 better and Pau is a core piece...but that he feels like there's an athleticism problem.

He's basically saying "If i could play Hill over Pau I would."

But he can't.

Like I have always said, Pau clogs everything up and is a determent to the team as he is a core piece that does not fit. If not offensively, defensively too.

Defensively Pau refuses to help defense and when you have a center like Howard that's gonna try to block every shot at the rim if you don't help defense it's an easy layup for the other team like the Magic ran on us ALL NIGHT. That's a problem and an issue Dwight vented about after the game.

D'antoni even TRIED to give Pau minutes with the bench unit last night as the primary center. Barely anything came from it and Pau's inefficiencies still showed so badly that D'antoni finally had enough and yanked him and Pau KNEW he was going out.

Gasol HAS to go. Or we fall apart, it's that simple.

Edited by Majesty, December 03, 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#117 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted December 03, 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hill minutes has been significantly changed I don't see how that shows that Antoni wants to play him regardless of what he says.

Posted Image

#118 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 03:23 PM

Wow we lose a couple games and people start turning on players and pandemonium breaks loose...

Hill deserves minutes

#119 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:31 PM

You will never find a bargain like Hill anywhere else. He is our Haslim. I don't give a damn about his midrange jumper when he has the heart of an effin LION (which is better than everyone else on the team except Kobe and MWP by the way) Hill doesn't [expletive] Moan or anything; he just BALLS Hard!! Something we need badly by the way. We have too many famous names and not enough Hard Core Ballers!!

#120 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:33 PM

Why would you want to trade you energy dude off your bench?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users