243 replies to this topic

#41 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted December 01, 2012 - 02:14 AM

Trading Hill is logical and very much possible, because unlike Pau, people would actually want him.

But it would have to be for a great player. A guy with an immediate impact. Hill and Dwight seem to be close friends now. Closer than any other teammates. Dwight's not like Kobe. If you trade Pau (Kobe's boy), he's not gonna shed one tear. So messing up that team chemistry better be for a good reason.

Plus, finding a good hustle/garbage man is freakin hard. And Hill is just that. Like I said, the incoming player better be well worth it.
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#42 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,338 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 01, 2012 - 02:40 AM

Im not hating on Hill, who i really like. Im basically just stating facts.

Before D'Antoni got here, Hill played about 20 mpg - now he is down to about 10 mpg. He is simply a bad fit in the offense and is actually not that good of a defensive player either. Hill didn't get playing time under D'Antoni in NY either. Now that Jamison is starting to heat up, i wouldn't expect Hill to play more than 5-7 mpg, which is basically a waste of good talent.

Right now we could easily move him for a back-up wing or a back-up point guard to a team that needs rebounding.

#43 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,380 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 02:47 AM

Its an 82 game season, we're gonna need Hill at some point down the line. Hes one of the best backup C's in the league when given time. Its a luxury to have someone like him. We gotta hold on to him

I agree with you but obviously at the end of the day if you can get someone good for Hill then you may have to do it. (Sure MDI agrees as well...depending on the person is you could get.)

#44 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,767 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 01, 2012 - 03:25 AM

Hill is our only real backup BIG. Jamison is playing in the post because he's lost the foot speed to defend the perimeter.

Nay-no to trading Hill.

#45 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 01, 2012 - 03:40 AM

Keep him, he is our best hustle guy and a very valuable energetic big man off the bench. We need his toughness and rebounding because this is a long season and injuries may occur.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#46 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,999 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 01, 2012 - 03:52 AM

hill is insurance for injury or a smart pau trade that will bring us wing depth

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#47 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted December 01, 2012 - 04:08 AM

Can't trade Hill unless they get another backup big in return, or if they want to recall Sacre from the D-League.

I say no...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#48 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,041 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 01, 2012 - 04:34 AM

and the only reason Hill lacked minutes was because he got 4 fouls in the 2nd quarter X_X

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#49 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,918 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted December 01, 2012 - 05:39 AM

hill is several thousand times better then sacre
Lakers should never give sacre meaningful mins in a game..

Which, might happen if Pau or Hill were traded..

#50 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 01, 2012 - 06:54 AM

keep hill, trade pau

Pau Gasol is GONE

#51 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,124 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 01, 2012 - 07:13 AM

he is one of the few all out effort guys on the roster. not sure i would be willing to trade him. he needs more mins period to get the type of production LA is dying for on both sides of the ball.

any1 else notice Hill is on the ground within seconds as soon as he checks into the lineup? I dont know why he is always falling down wildly.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#52 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 01, 2012 - 07:33 AM

trade Pau, the dude is useless in the d'antoni system if he isn't playing center.

#53 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,206 posts
  • Name:Matt

Posted December 01, 2012 - 08:02 AM

I wouldn't. Hell, you could make the argument that Hill fits MD system better than Pau. He can run the floor better and he'd provide a much needed defensive presence in the paint when Dwight is out. Add in his effort on the offensive boards with the amount of 3 pointers this team will be shooting and we'll be seeing a lot more second chance opportunities. If Hill gets shipped out we will have absolutely zero defensive presence in the paint other than Dwight and when Dwight is off the floor. Think about that, only 1 defensive big man on our squad (albeit the best in the league) to protect the paint in a MD defense. Like MDI said, the season is 82 games and we are going to need Jordan more than most realize.

#54 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 387 posts
  • Name:Besnik
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 01, 2012 - 08:12 AM

HELL NO!!!

Why trade your best bench player so far? The only back up Big Man.

#55 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,096 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 08:14 AM

How dare you?!?!?!?! So disrespectful.

/Stephen A Smith

seriously, what the [expletive] is this? For about 40 games or so dude has given us his all. He didn't quit, he didn't [expletive], whine, moan, he didn't demand any role like certain Spanish garbageman, he did what he was told, what he was assigned to. He hustled more than anyone on this team in both ends of the floor and you want to get rid of this guy?

smh. If you want to get rid of a big man that doesn't spread the floor, Hill is not that guy. We have another one in our starting lineup that looks like a llama. Ship him out, get whatever you can and don't look back. Hill is a rare piece, and for a team that is in transition to get rid of old habits, he is the one guy that you can expect a consistent effort. And that's all that matters.

#56 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,541 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted December 01, 2012 - 09:37 AM

Jordan Hill could definitely be a useful trade piece, I hadn't thought of that. But I still think we need him for center depth. He would have played more last night had he not picked up 4 fouls in 4 minutes. I think it's too early to say he doesn't fit the system. Every system has a need for guys like Hill, Reggie Evans, Ivan Johnson, Taj Gibson, etc.
I would rather move Pau (and maybe Duhon or something like that) and in return get a solid backup to Nash and either a stretch 4 or a 3 (or both if possible).
But you know who would have been perfect with Dwight and Jamison? The Lamar Odom of a couple years ago. 7 foot lefty who can drive, shoot 3s, post up, bring the ball up the floor, pass, cut, rebound, play the 3, 4, or 5.

#57 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted December 01, 2012 - 09:51 AM

Jordan Hill could definitely be a useful trade piece, I hadn't thought of that. But I still think we need him for center depth. He would have played more last night had he not picked up 4 fouls in 4 minutes. I think it's too early to say he doesn't fit the system. Every system has a need for guys like Hill, Reggie Evans, Ivan Johnson, Taj Gibson, etc.
I would rather move Pau (and maybe Duhon or something like that) and in return get a solid backup to Nash and either a stretch 4 or a 3 (or both if possible).
But you know who would have been perfect with Dwight and Jamison? The Lamar Odom of a couple years ago. 7 foot lefty who can drive, shoot 3s, post up, bring the ball up the floor, pass, cut, rebound, play the 3, 4, or 5.

Too bad that LO doesn't exist anymore.

Posted Image

#58 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,541 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted December 01, 2012 - 09:54 AM

^ I know right? When I said it it felt like "ya know who would be good for this team? James Worthy"

#59 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,135 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted December 01, 2012 - 01:12 PM

Hill, Jamison, and Meeks should get around 16-22 mpg. Metta should get like 28, he is a ball hog/stopper.Multiple times last night the ball was swinging but when it got to him it stopped and ended up taking a bad shot.

Agreed

Posted Image

#60 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,744 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted December 01, 2012 - 01:17 PM

Pau and Jordan Hill for LOVE <3

33bkfif.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic