243 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,828 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:23 PM

I hate to say this because Jordan Hill is one of my favorite Lakers, but we really need to look into trading him.

Jordan Hill has been very good this year, leads the league in offensive rebound rate and his trade value is very high, because of his production, his energy and his contract.

However, he does not fit into the system. He cannot spread the floor, he is not a good roll-man in the pick-and-roll and D'Antoni isn't going to play him.

Im not sure what we can get for him, but there are seveal options. One option would be to trade him straight up for a solid back-up wing, who can shoot 3s and defend (A guy like Corey Brewer, Chris Singleton or Martell Webster). Another option is to package him with some of the other guys and get back and handfull of players (Pau, Hill, Ebanks to Utah for Millsap, Bell and Marvin Williams????)

Am i crazy for wanting to trade him?

#2 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 863 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:26 PM

i like Jordan Hill a lot

but i'd probably have to agree with you....he's not going to get much PT in D'antoni's system

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,056 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:31 PM

No. If Pau gets traded, you start either Jamison or Hill at the 4, and you keep a solid rotation. Also, Hill is one of our younger guys, he brings the energy off the bench. The Lakers would never trade him because the system isn't built around him. He's a role player. His offense has even improved drastically this season.

Also, if we hit any injuries down the road, or in games where we hit foul trouble, Hill will get more much needed playing time. He's one of the only guys out there who is going to hustle on every single possession. In a system where offense comes first, a rebounder and a tough post presence will come in handy in the playoffs.

#4 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,253 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:31 PM

Trade hill, Pau, and ebanks for klove. Minny wanted hill more than we did.

#5 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,746 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:34 PM

Trade hill, Pau, and ebanks for klove. Minny wanted hill more than we did.

If this happened I would cry.

But who would play back up center?

#6 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,885 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:34 PM

Honestly if it were up to me

nash
kobe
MWP
jaminson
howard

blake/morris
meeks
hill

Then dont even play pau. He hurts us way more than helps

#7 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,885 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:36 PM

But with the trade hill thing it does make sense. He is an amazing player and I love his game and really want him to play but pau is taking his time only cuz pau gets paided so much MD is kinda obligated to play him. If pau wasnt making so much he would even get playing time and you can tell MD wants it that way.

#8 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,722 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:41 PM

hill has more trade value than pau

#9 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,885 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:42 PM

hill has more trade value than pau

Extremely true too. He is a better player and costs less.

#10 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:44 PM

Its an 82 game season, we're gonna need Hill at some point down the line. Hes one of the best backup C's in the league when given time. Its a luxury to have someone like him. We gotta hold on to him

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#11 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,885 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:47 PM

Its an 82 game season, we're gonna need Hill at some point down the line. Hes one of the best backup C's in the league when given time. Its a luxury to have someone like him. We gotta hold on to him

Yea but he isnt playing at all. Unless pau gets hurt (oh please god get hurt for the season) I dont see him averaging more than 10 minutes. We cant trade him for a while anyway so if we do it will be because he is till getting little time. When the time comes hopfully he's getting more time and pau much much less.

#12 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:51 PM

No. Keep this roster intact.

Posted Image

#13 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:52 PM

Yea but he isnt playing at all. Unless pau gets hurt (oh please god get hurt for the season) I dont see him averaging more than 10 minutes. We cant trade him for a while anyway so if we do it will be because he is till getting little time. When the time comes hopfully he's getting more time and pau much much less.

First of all please dont hope for any of our players or other players to get hurt. Its bad karma!!

2nd of all even if Hill doesn't play on the court, he gives you everything in practice he keeps guys like Gasol and Howard sharp in practice because hes a huge energy guy. This is what we missed in 2011 and 2012, we used to have Powell and Mbenga who would go at our bigs in practice and keep them sharp. Things like that matter

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#14 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 11:54 PM

Fans wanting their own players to get hurt.... Nice.

#15 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,885 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 12:00 AM

Fans wanting their own players to get hurt.... Nice.

Im sorry but pau gets paid 19 mill and doesnt even try to play. He is lazy and pathetic. Hill took a paycut to come back to this team and now he doesn't even get playing time but when he does he plays his ass off and he gets a fraction of what pau gets.

I have lost all respect for pau. A guy should work hard for his money (especially 19 mill) not just show up and stand around on the court then make excuses all season long why he sucks. Yes pau played god years ago bu this is te here and now and pau is nothing but a scrub getting 19 mill.

#16 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted December 01, 2012 - 12:01 AM

Im sorry but pau gets paid 19 mill and doesnt even try to play. He is lazy and pathetic. Hill took a paycut to come back to this team and now he doesn't even get playing time but when he does he plays his ass off and he gets a fraction of what pau gets.

I have lost all respect for pau. A guy should work hard for his money (especially 19 mill) not just show up and stand around on the court then make excuses all season long why he sucks. Yes pau played god years ago bu this is te here and now and pau is nothing but a scrub getting 19 mill.

Doesn't mean you root for him to get injured. Players are humans too

Posted Image

#17 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 12:05 AM

Oh okay nevermind, you convinced me that hoping for an injury to a player on your own team is totally logical.

#18 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,885 posts

Posted December 01, 2012 - 12:07 AM

Oh okay nevermind, you convinced me that hoping for an injury to a player on your own team is totally logical.

If you read what I posted above I said I went a little to far.

Oh nvr mind for some reason it didnt post but yes I think I went a little to far with that but still extremly agiasnt him even being on the team or playing.

Edited by bigfetz, December 01, 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#19 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted December 01, 2012 - 12:08 AM

If the Lakers trade Pau it had better be a great trade, because come playoff time experience is above everything else. Who out there can we trade him for that has championship experience let alone deep playoff experience? That will be the big key come playoff time... Experience...

Edited by lakerfandude, December 01, 2012 - 12:13 AM.

#20 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,253 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 01, 2012 - 12:10 AM

He's playing 8 min a game. We are paying him 4 mil to play 8 min. Trade him and Pau and get either a star or a Jamal Crawford type of player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users