#21 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,299 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 29, 2012 - 09:25 PM

I get the assignments, but my question is why assign that? Why put Pau in that position in the first place? He is not Javale McGee.

I agree. I think MD trusted Pau to not blow his assignment to begin with (or at least hold Hill up enough to the point where Dwights help D WOULD have made a difference). In that situation, I would have put Jordan out there to take Hill off the switch, but MD has a history with him so who knows if something is going on there or not. That game would've gone to OT if Jordan was in that position instead of Pau, in my opinion.

#22 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 29, 2012 - 10:11 PM

not right now....

Of course not because we don't have Steve Nash back yet. Come April/May I'll take my chances with a healthy Lakers team that has three legitimate superstars in Kobe, Dwight, and Nash.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 29, 2012 - 10:22 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#23 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 29, 2012 - 11:59 PM

I get the assignments, but my question is why assign that? Why put Pau in that position in the first place? He is not Javale McGee.

It's a basic play funneling a guard to a big. If Pau simply puts his hands up and restricts the air space Hill has to work with (on both drives), he has a much tougher time hitting those two big shots back to back. Hill is all of 6'3, Gasol is 7'1 with a reach that probably extends to 9 feet plus. Pau is just extremely lazy on the defensive end, it's nothing new.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,494 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 30, 2012 - 12:28 AM

It's a basic play funneling a guard to a big. If Pau simply puts his hands up and restricts the air space Hill has to work with (on both drives), he has a much tougher time hitting those two big shots back to back. Hill is all of 6'3, Gasol is 7'1 with a reach that probably extends to 9 feet plus. Pau is just extremely lazy on the defensive end, it's nothing new.

Yeah and the sad thing is, Pau actually did it ONCE on the same play whereh e hedged directly and they forced up a shot and we got the rebound. All Pau had to do was do that ONE MORE time...

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#25 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,731 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 30, 2012 - 04:59 AM

We won't get past the first round at the rate were playing lol?

Well we're not getting into the first round at the rate we're playing.

#26 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted November 30, 2012 - 08:58 AM

Pau looks so bad out there.
Hes usually the guy who fits any situation but I really think he does not fit here.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#27 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted November 30, 2012 - 02:37 PM

Pau looks so bad out there.
Hes usually the guy who fits any situation but I really think he does not fit here.

Yep, I agree. If we trade Pau, I would bet that he would play great on his new team and everyone will be asking why he wasn't playing like that when he was with us, and it won't take a genius to answer that question..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pick and roll, pau gasol, defense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users