#61 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,728 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 28, 2012 - 04:43 PM

So what are you proposing ? stick to an injured bynum ?

Come on ! Howard is better than Bynum in every aspect except FT .. He's more of a reliable franchise player than Drew.

Drew showed us last year how he is lazy, lazy enough that you cant predict what mind set he has until the tip off.

Get over it. Bynum is no longer a laker. No matter what happens for the next decade whether we win 10 championships or zero.

Whether Bynum becomes the best player of all time or the laziest one.

It is what it is .. get over it

Replied to the wrong poster bro

#62 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted November 28, 2012 - 05:01 PM

Another Dwight thread and another post by Lakerfandude. I'm shocked.

#63 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 28, 2012 - 05:12 PM

stop feeding the trolls

Pau Gasol is GONE

#64 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 28, 2012 - 05:13 PM

So much fail in this thread by one person.

#65 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 28, 2012 - 05:13 PM

I thought this thread was about Kobe bashers on the radio, yet you guys feed the most obvious TROLL on this site who turned this into another D12 thread.
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#66 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 28, 2012 - 05:27 PM

but you don't mention Artest's missed FTs

Go back under the bridge troll.

Sorry to break this to you, but disagreement with your point of view doesn't actually comprise trolling. So you might want adjust the tone of your response and trying another argumentative tack as well.

Dwight played a significant role in yesterday's loss. He was among the leader in FT attempts, and also the leader in FT misses. How many more 25% FT outings are we going to have to put up with. Kwame was a better bet at the line. It's gotten absurd. If there is any one player you can single out as being the chief underperformer in a 2 pt loss...it's Dwight. All he has to do is make some freethrows and this game is a win.
Posted Image

#67 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

• 1,838 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 06:31 PM

Sorry to break this to you, but disagreement with your point of view doesn't actually comprise trolling. So you might want adjust the tone of your response and trying another argumentative tack as well.

Dwight played a significant role in yesterday's loss. He was among the leader in FT attempts, and also the leader in FT misses. How many more 25% FT outings are we going to have to put up with. Kwame was a better bet at the line. It's gotten absurd. If there is any one player you can single out as being the chief underperformer in a 2 pt loss...it's Dwight. All he has to do is make some freethrows and this game is a win.

A significant role? Doing something he has known to do HIS ENTIRE CAREER, while recovering form back surgery? He is a horrible FT shooter and everyone in the league and any major NBA fan knows this, and I don't need to bring up stats. Bringing up Dwight taking the most FT's makes your point LESS valid because that provides our team with other benefits such as counted fouls on opposing players and putting the team in the penalty. Yet you don't include the fact that he shot 70% form the field on only 3 assisted shots, I think that is is overperforming no? I do know of a player we can single out, if you want to point out that if diwght just made 3 FT attempts we would have won, we can also look at Gasol shooting 2-9, or Gasol having 5 of his attempts BLOCKED even though you like to point out he is 7 feet, or how about the most obvious one, if and I say if (like you did about Dwight), he would have stepped out on Hill at the end of the game, maybe Hill wouldn't have flown right by him and made a GAME WINNING LAYUP.
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#68 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 28, 2012 - 06:36 PM

So much fail in this thread by one person.

Two actually. :facepalm:
htCCl0m.png

#69 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted November 28, 2012 - 06:56 PM

kobe played good for being sick. that alone is beast.

Posted Image

#70 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 28, 2012 - 10:10 PM

A significant role? Doing something he has known to do HIS ENTIRE CAREER, while recovering form back surgery? He is a horrible FT shooter and everyone in the league and any major NBA fan knows this, and I don't need to bring up stats. Bringing up Dwight taking the most FT's makes your point LESS valid because that provides our team with other benefits such as counted fouls on opposing players and putting the team in the penalty. Yet you don't include the fact that he shot 70% form the field on only 3 assisted shots, I think that is is overperforming no? I do know of a player we can single out, if you want to point out that if diwght just made 3 FT attempts we would have won, we can also look at Gasol shooting 2-9, or Gasol having 5 of his attempts BLOCKED even though you like to point out he is 7 feet, or how about the most obvious one, if and I say if (like you did about Dwight), he would have stepped out on Hill at the end of the game, maybe Hill wouldn't have flown right by him and made a GAME WINNING LAYUP.

What a weaksauce counter-argument. An empty trip to the line is a wasted possession no matter what. The other team is always going to have warm bodies with six fouls a piece to use on Dwight if he keeps this up. The other team is going to be just fine with the Lakers being in the bonus if Dwight is the one shooting most of the freethrows and the Lakers collectively shoot less than 50% from the freethrow line.

Dwight is not some D-League scrub, he a superstar big, and while I could understand other parts of his game being diminished due to his back, the one area I would least expect to be affected would be freethrows.

The Lakers shoot the most freethrows and miss the most too....and that's why they shoot the most.

Pau actually got those shots blocked by trying to be more aggressive and not settle for the elbow J. The Dallas game showed us a few things...and one was that Pau is significantly more effective in the low post than Dwight. Putting him in the elbow is basically depriving the Lakers of their best post scoring threat. Last year, we got by with this because Drew actually had a fairly refined post game...but Dwight's post game is so pedestrian, that we are basically reduced to only scoring inside on dribble penetration that draws defenders away from Dwight.
Posted Image

#71 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

Rookie

• 979 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted November 28, 2012 - 10:42 PM

Dwight was spectacular too. I've said it time and time again, but I was completely wrong about the guy in regards to Andrew Bynum. Even though he's clearly not 100 percent he's still a huge upgrade over Drew on both ends and more importantly his effort is there every single night for the most part. I know he doesn't shoot free throws well, but you know what all the other things he brings such as great defense, rebounding, and being a dominant low post player outweighs the poor free throw shooting. Same thing with Shaq. He was obviously a horrible free thow shooter just like Dwight, but he brought so many other great things to the table. At the end of the day no one besides Kobe and Dwight did anything. They had 57 of our 77 points. Only 20 points from the supporting cast. That is just completely unacceptable.

Too wrong free throws matter, hack a whoever means free turnover, both teams wished for better games and if in a race late season this one hurt. Kobe was great, Pau not so much, emptythe bench see if someone gets hot. wheres Nash?

#72 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 28, 2012 - 11:10 PM

For me, Dwight's importance isn't just on his offense, but more importantly his defense. The guy alters so many shots it's ridiculous. When he gets his full athleticism back I expect that to be even better. The only thing that needs to change is the help defense. Too many times one of the perimeter players would get by one of our guards and get to the rim, draw Dwight, then dish it off to someone for an easy hoop.

#73 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,001 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 01:37 AM

Replied to the wrong poster bro

haha, was meant to lakarfandude ..

#74 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,728 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 08:32 AM

Pau actually got those shots blocked by trying to be more aggressive and not settle for the elbow J. The Dallas game showed us a few things...and one was that Pau is significantly more effective in the low post than Dwight. Putting him in the elbow is basically depriving the Lakers of their best post scoring threat. Last year, we got by with this because Drew actually had a fairly refined post game...but Dwight's post game is so pedestrian, that we are basically reduced to only scoring inside on dribble penetration that draws defenders away from Dwight.

Pau is bad. He is too scarred to go into the paint, too scarred to get into the post and usually gets bullied out of the post if he does. He can't play defense and half the time he doesn't box out.

Drew may have 1 or 2 more moves than Dwight in the post but Dwight is much more effective in the post and much more dominant. Thats why he is shooting 60+ FG%. And unlike Drew, Dwight play defense every time on the defensive end and is the best defender in the league.

Its comical when you try to put down Howard when he is playing pretty good so far and try make excuses for Pau when he is playing like [expletive].

Your agenda is obvious.

#75 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

• 1,838 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 06:10 PM

What a weaksauce counter-argument. An empty trip to the line is a wasted possession no matter what. The other team is always going to have warm bodies with six fouls a piece to use on Dwight if he keeps this up. The other team is going to be just fine with the Lakers being in the bonus if Dwight is the one shooting most of the freethrows and the Lakers collectively shoot less than 50% from the freethrow line.

Dwight is not some D-League scrub, he a superstar big, and while I could understand other parts of his game being diminished due to his back, the one area I would least expect to be affected would be freethrows.

The Lakers shoot the most freethrows and miss the most too....and that's why they shoot the most.

I can agree that it is a wasted possession, that is all though, but your assessment on my argument being weaksauce is lacking IMO. The Lakers and the Heat won with Shaq (Heat had an old Shaq) who shot THIS BAD (between 40-50%) AND were at the bottom 3 of FT% in the NBA the entire year and all those teams won the Championship with the exception of our Payton/Malone year (***courtesy of Real Deal) I think it's plausible that this scenario is similar even though we have a recovering D12. If players that are guarding our starters are the ones fouling Dwight, those players are the ones getting into foul trouble, doesn't that BENEFIT us? Our starters would essentially be playing against bench players no? Unless you're telling me that the six fouls you're referring to are all coming from scrubs, is that what it is? Also, we are playing without Nash, who is essentially one of the best FT shooter in the history of the NBA and is OUR best FT shooter, don't you think our % will go up by any chance?
My real point is that YOU STATED that Dwight was the "single most underachiever that night", yet he shot 70% from the field (3 assisted) which you did not address, altered many shots, and played pretty good defense overall. We had others that missed FT's AND played like crap that night, yet you want to blame Dwight.
You want to say that Gasol is playing the way he is because he is out of position, that he is an excellent post player and rebounder. So is it safe to say that you are stating that he is our best center because you state that Dwight has very little post presence? Gasol has been playing like this since we lost to Dallas AND we had Phil Jackson AND he was the primary post player/center AND we were running the triangle which benefited him and saying that he got BLOCKED because he was "trying" to be aggressive is not helping your case bro, I can understand that making him shoot jumpers all game isn't that great of an idea but he has many chances to play the post but doesn't especially when Dwight is in foul trouble. Two playoffs of underachieving performances and this year he is playing horrible in the regular season rather than waiting til the playoffs start. I have not said much about him playing horribly AT ALL during my time on TLN (with the exception of us trading him for Josh Smith) but I'm starting to get sick of this act and I'm getting really sick of all the supporters with lame excuses.
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#76 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,728 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 08:54 PM

Lakerfandude looks dumber than ever

#77 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted November 30, 2012 - 09:06 PM

Lakerfandude looks dumber than ever

How old are you dude, 12? I think it's time you stop taking shots at me. If it's cool to call people names on this site then keep doing it, if not ,then I think it's time to start watching your mouth. Quit bullying and trolling...

Edited by lakerfandude, November 30, 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#78 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Alright enough of the personal attacks on lakerfandude. Will tack on warning points from here on out for immature posts. Lakeshow consider this your verbal warning.

#79 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,728 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 10:13 PM

Alright enough of the personal attacks on lakerfandude. Will tack on warning points from here on out for immature posts. Lakeshow consider this your verbal warning.

Okay my bad

#80 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,327 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 10:13 PM

well written
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users