79 replies to this topic

#21 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,039 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:39 PM

Lol. Great rebounding outweighs his poor free throw shooting? He hasn't posted double digit rebounds in 4 straight games..

I don't knock Kobe at all for last night, he did what he had to do...

Kobe and Dwight were the only ones contributing anything last night. All those open shots the team got was because of those two.

I know this argument has been made against you already, but Shaq wasn't a great FT shooter and guess what, it didn't matter enough to prevent 3 championships. Howard's FTs made number is high enough to make that less important than you make it seem. And even if his rebounding numbers aren't in the double digits, Howard boxes out effectively enough to allow other Lakers to get the rebounds. I do agree that his leaping ability isn't quite there yet, but it'll get better as he nears 100% health.

Howard is the best center in the league and I don't know how else to put it.

Edited by bfc1125roy, November 28, 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#22 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:41 PM

Dwight was spectacular at missing two free throws in the clutch.

Obvious agenda is obvious.
htCCl0m.png

#23 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:41 PM

Kobe and Dwight were the only ones contributing anything last night. All those open shots the team got was because of those two.

I know this argument has been made against you already, but Shaq wasn't a great FT shooter and guess what, it didn't matter enough to prevent 3 championships. Howard's FTs made number is high enough to make that less important than you make it seem. And even if his rebounding numbers aren't in the double digits, Howard boxes out effectively enough to allow other Lakers to get the rebounds. I do agree that his leaping ability isn't quite there yet, but it'll get better as he nears 100% health.

Howard is the best center in the league and I don't know how else to put it.

He's a troll don't waste your breathe,
htCCl0m.png

#24 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:44 PM

Obvious agenda is obvious.

That would be the " telling it like it is" agenda. Yes, it's obvious too.
Posted Image

#25 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:46 PM

^ your fav laker player of all time is bynum. now thats a LOL.

Not true, my least favorite player is Howard however.. This dude has been garbage and is killing the Lakers. 7 and 8? I thought this guy was supposed to be a great player. I just can't understand that no one sees that he has been under performing. No matter what he does he is never the reason for a loss and continues to get praised for his far less than great play.. It's comical to me. You guys wanted him and here he is.. We would have been better off trading for a good young pg and above average center than to have deal with this. I actually almost got sick last night when he was at the ft line. I'm sorry, but he needs to be held accountable as much as Pau, Kobe, etc. He is not beyond criticism, is he?

#26 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,039 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:48 PM

Not true, my least favorite player is Howard however.. This dude has been garbage and is killing the Lakers. 7 and 8? I thought this guy was supposed to be a great player. I just can't understand that no one sees that he has been under performing. No matter what he does he is never the reason for a loss and continues to get praised for his far less than great play.. It's comical to me. You guys wanted him and here he is.. We would have been better off trading for a good young pg and above average center than to have deal with this. I actually almost got sick last night when he was at the ft line. I'm sorry, but he needs to be held accountable as much as Pau, Kobe, etc. He is not beyond criticism, is he?

LOL ok so what specifically are your problems with Howard?

#27 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:49 PM

Imagine what would have happened if it was Pau that missed those two free throws at the end of the game?

Dwight gets some dunks under the basket, set up by Kobe and Pau passing, and "Dwight is spectacular".
Posted Image

#28 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,728 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:51 PM

Dwight was spectacular at missing two free throws in the clutch.

but you don't mention Artest's missed FTs

Go back under the bridge troll.

Edited by LakeShow805, November 28, 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#29 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,718 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:51 PM

oh look another bynum and dwight discussion what's new?

#30 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,728 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:52 PM

Imagine what would have happened if it was Pau that missed those two free throws at the end of the game?

Dwight gets some dunks under the basket, set up by Kobe and Pau passing, and "Dwight is spectacular".

Pau didn't want to miss 2 free throws cuz he knew he was going to play [expletive]ty defense along with Metta to lose the game.

Pau is trash stop riding him. You must be from Europe or something lol.

#31 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,728 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:53 PM

I give Lakerfandude 1 day till he gets banned lol.

#32 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,039 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:55 PM

I give Lakerfandude 1 day till he gets banned lol.

You can't get banned for being non responsive to arguments. Otherwise that cj guy would have been gone ages ago.

#33 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

LOL ok so what specifically are your problems with Howard?

I don't have a big problem with Dwight, I'm just irritated at all the passes he's been given and that when it comes to spreading out the blame for Laker losses, he is untouchable. I think he is under performing and the majority here think he is doing nothing wrong. I think he is a great player, but far from as great as most think he is. I don't see him leading us when Kobe is gone, which seems to be the consensus on this and every other Laker site. Howard will be the leader when Kobe leaves? I'm scared of that...

#34 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Yeah a guy who isn't even 100 percent healthy or close to it and yet and still is still putting up 18 & 11 is garbage. :laughing:

If it wasn't clear before that Lakerfandude is a troll it's very, very clear now.
htCCl0m.png

#35 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,039 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:56 PM

I think he is under performing and the majority here think he is doing nothing wrong.

Because he's not 100% since he just came off major back surgery. For being 75% he is doing really well.

Edited by bfc1125roy, November 28, 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#36 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:58 PM

but you don't mention Artest's missed FTs

Go back under the bridge troll.

If Howard would have made his, Metta wouldn't have been on the line. Howard is supposed to be our superstar, not Metta. We are supposed to be able to count on Howard in the clutch. The blame should start with the leaders..

#37 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,728 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:58 PM

You can't get banned for being non responsive to arguments. Otherwise that cj guy would have been gone ages ago.

but you can for clearly trolling. Atleast Cj post some what intelligent things.

I don't have a big problem with Dwight, I'm just irritated at all the passes he's been given and that when it comes to spreading out the blame for Laker losses, he is untouchable. I think he is under performing and the majority here think he is doing nothing wrong. I think he is a great player, but far from as great as most think he is. I don't see him leading us when Kobe is gone, which seems to be the consensus on this and every other Laker site. Howard will be the leader when Kobe leaves? I'm scared of that...

It because he is not 100%.

Its not that hard to understand.

#38 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,728 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:59 PM

If Howard would have made his, Metta wouldn't have been on the line. Howard is supposed to be our superstar, not Metta. We are supposed to be able to count on Howard in the clutch. The blame should start with the leaders..

And?

Shaq was a superstar....did we rely on him in the clutch? No because he could not make his freethrows so we relied on Kobe.

So does that make Shaq terrible too?

#39 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 03:00 PM

but you can for clearly trolling. Atleast Cj post some what intelligent things.

It because he is not 100%.

Its not that hard to understand.

If he's not 100%, then maybe he needs to take some time off, because he is not helping us win games...

#40 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 28, 2012 - 03:00 PM

^ no @lakersfandude. your right. i agree that he hasn't played like the dwight i know. but, if we were to trade for derrick rose and he comes off his acl injury averaging 17 pts and 7 ast on 46% shooting while still trying to get his legs/hops/bounce/shape/confidence back while at the same time trying to get chemistry with a brand new team a coaching problem(change). he would not be given the time by you to get back to where he was and automatically be labeled "not that good after all" by you. sounds a little crazy to me. be rational is all we ask. think of the circumstances before bashing howard who still is averaging 20 and 10 with a high percentage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users