79 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,130 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:05 PM

I was listening to Mason and Ireland just a moment ago and they were talking about the Lakers horrible game last night. One after another fans calling them up and start bashing Kobe for being selfish. Are you kidding me?!! Kobe was the only person that played hard yesterday!! Kobe was the only person that actually make shots yesterday. If it wasn't for Kobe we probably lose by more than 2. And he was the only one who was sick!!! I wasn't sure if it was Kobe haters who likes to find any chances to bash kobe but I was so mad that I wanted to call the radio station. Unfortnately I was on hold too long. You guys are idiots. There are many games in the past that you can blame Kobe for being selfish and won't pass to players but last night game was not it. Nobody was making shots. Nobody wanted the ball. Time after time Kobe have to find ways to pull out a win when he knows his teammate have a horrible game. Time after time Kobe have to bend over backwards for fans but still he doesn't get the appreciation he deserve. You laker fans who likes to bash kobe needs to take off your fan club right now. We are lucky to have KB24 still playing at a high level. When he is retired and left the game for good, you guys will cry and miss him like a mo fo.

I am sick and tired of the kobe bashers. You guys are truely stupid.

Kobe Byrant is the most under appreciated superstar in the history of the NBA. Jordan was doing the exact same thing in the 90s but he never get bash like this from his own fans.

Edited by epicwolf, November 28, 2012 - 01:12 PM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,553 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:16 PM

I'm listening right now. Kobe didn't have a good game last night, but that isn't entirely his fault. Of course he deserves some of the blame, he had a ton of turnovers. But he was the only guy (aside from Dwight to a degree) who was doing enough to try and win the game. He definitely doesn't deserve the bashing some fans are serving him though, without him it wouldn't have been close.

#3 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm listening to this too and wondering what these people were watching. There was a very small period of time where I wanted him to pass more, but then they missed again and then thought it was pointless. He did try to do too much, but what else was he supposed to do?

#4 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,114 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:21 PM

Kobe did have a good game. He played with flu, and unnecessary burden to carry the team. 40-10-3-3 statline is good whatever the TO number he might have had. Joe Crawford, and rest of the Lakers crew screwed it up.

#5 Rad

Rad

• 1,628 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:26 PM

The fact he actually played AND played longer than anyone else with flu like symptoms is more than enough.

#6 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,553 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:26 PM

Kobe did have a good game. He played with flu, and unnecessary burden to carry the team. 40-10-3-3 statline is good whatever the TO number he might have had. Joe Crawford, and rest of the Lakers crew screwed it up.

His percentage was horrible though. Good numbers, but not a good game. But I don't think that was his fault, he did everything he could. More than I can say for the rest of the team.

#7 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,114 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:34 PM

How in hell his percentage was horrible? .593 TS% horrible these days? Don't worry Kobe knows it better than to push his luck through double teams thrown at him. But when the rest of the team have only 5 field goals, I'm all for Kobe to take every single shot. Normally he shouldn't have to with that mileage and physical condition. It's such an embarrasment that people even bring up this, because if hadn't conceded that last point everyone would sing differently and praise Kobe's 3 at that last attack. What changed between then and end? Hmm?

#8 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 996 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:34 PM

I hope our announcers braught up the numbers from everyone else on our team right? It speaks for itself....

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#9 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:36 PM

I'm listening right now. Kobe didn't have a good game last night, but that isn't entirely his fault. Of course he deserves some of the blame, he had a ton of turnovers. But he was the only guy (aside from Dwight to a degree) who was doing enough to try and win the game. He definitely doesn't deserve the bashing some fans are serving him though, without him it wouldn't have been close.

In what world is 40 points, 10 boards, and nearly a TS% of 60 while playing with the flu not a good game?
htCCl0m.png

#10 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:37 PM

His percentage was horrible though. Good numbers, but not a good game. But I don't think that was his fault, he did everything he could. More than I can say for the rest of the team.

False. FG% is a terrible mark of efficiency. You can shoot 50 percent and still not very efficient. Kobe even though he didn't shoot particually well was still very efficient. A TS% of nearly is terrific for a guard.
htCCl0m.png

#11 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:48 PM

Kobe's been trying the hardest out of anyone on the team. When the rest of the team can't hit freaking open shots (which he, by the way, creates for them), he has to play Kobe-ball to keep us in games. In fact, it's only because of that we've won some matchups or been in them till the end. My only worry is that this is what happened last season, he was playing out of his mind early in the year but then got tired later on. We need to rest him so these type of performances come up during playoff time.

#12 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,553 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 01:53 PM

Damn, lol. Okay, never mind then. Just my opinion that he didn't have it going tonight, he left a lot of shots short. 12-28, it is what it is. I'm not saying it was his fault, just that of course he deserves some of the blame. He had 10 turnovers, he missed 16 shots. Great numbers, bad game. But use whatever stats you want to support your opinion. Instead of FG%, use TS%. Instead of looking at his turnovers, look at his rebounds. Different strokes for different folks. I say he had a bad game, if there is such a thing as a bad 40 point game.

*last night

Edited by djcovi, November 28, 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#13 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:05 PM

Kobe should have just stayed in bed last night. These ingrate fans don't deserve his effort.
Posted Image

#14 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:09 PM

The Dwight denialists crack me up though. Blame anyone, even Kobe, but this loss had nothing to do with Dwight.
Posted Image

#15 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:19 PM

The Dwight denialists crack me up though. Blame anyone, even Kobe, but this loss had nothing to do with Dwight.

Dwight was spectacular too. I've said it time and time again, but I was completely wrong about the guy in regards to Andrew Bynum. Even though he's clearly not 100 percent he's still a huge upgrade over Drew on both ends and more importantly his effort is there every single night for the most part. I know he doesn't shoot free throws well, but you know what all the other things he brings such as great defense, rebounding, and being a dominant low post player outweighs the poor free throw shooting. Same thing with Shaq. He was obviously a horrible free thow shooter just like Dwight, but he brought so many other great things to the table. At the end of the day no one besides Kobe and Dwight did anything. They had 57 of our 77 points. Only 20 points from the supporting cast. That is just completely unacceptable.
htCCl0m.png

#16 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:22 PM

Both teams played crappy last night.

Indy just played less crappy.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#17 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:27 PM

Dwight was spectacular at missing two free throws in the clutch.
Posted Image

#18 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:33 PM

Dwight was spectacular too. I've said it time and time again, but I was completely wrong about the guy in regards to Andrew Bynum. Even though he's clearly not 100 percent he's still a huge upgrade over Drew on both ends and more importantly his effort is there every single night for the most part. I know he doesn't shoot free throws well, but you know what all the other things he brings such as great defense, rebounding, and being a dominant low post player outweighs the poor free throw shooting. Same thing with Shaq. He was obviously a horrible free thow shooter just like Dwight, but he brought so many other great things to the table. At the end of the day no one besides Kobe and Dwight did anything. They had 57 of our 77 points. Only 20 points from the supporting cast. That is just completely unacceptable.

Lol. His great rebounding and dominant low post play outweighs his poor free throw shooting? He hasn't posted double digit rebounds in 4 straight games..

On the point of this thread, I don't knock Kobe at all for last night, he did what he had to do...

Edited by lakerfandude, November 28, 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#19 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:36 PM

Lol. Great rebounding?

You literally only post or reply to posts Dwight related
Posted Image

#20 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 590 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted November 28, 2012 - 02:39 PM

^ your fav laker player of all time is bynum. now thats a LOL.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)