#1 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 28, 2012 - 08:51 AM

Someone posted this on another forum. Pretty good.

Phil Jackson - Maximus: Great Legendary General of the Roman armies who won many great battles (5 rings) for the empire. Loved and respected by the people even more than their current emperor Commodus (Jimmy). Protagonist to Commodus.

Jim Buss - Commodus: The undeserving heir to the empire who's arrogance and ego causes him to make terrible decisions. Not nearly as great a man as his father, and casts Maximus (Phil) into exile out of jealousy. Antagonist to Maximus.

Jeanie Buss - Lucilla: Sister to Commodus who is very upset at the decisions her brother is making, but is unable to help out of fear and loyalty to her family. Love interest to Maximus (Phil).

Magic Johnson - Proximo: Former legendary gladiator who has a small vested interest in the success of the current games. Torn between helping Maximus and his own personal financial pursuit.

Jerry Buss - Marcus Aurelius: Former Emperor who lifted the Roman Empire to it's current legendary status. Loved by the people. Unwillingly passes his power to his brat son who his unfit to rule.

Jerry West - Gracchus: A well respected high ranking Senator who loves the empire and worked hand and hand with the former emperor Marcus Aurelius (Jerry Buss) to accomplish great things (10 rings) for it in the past. Is disgusted with Commodus' new role and is the most vocal in speaking out against him. Due to this, he is eventually stripped of his title and rank and driven into exile.

Brian Shaw - Juba: Fights along side Maximus (Phil) in the games. His his most trusted right hand man and friend.

Chaz the Bartender - Falco: Closest and only ally to Commodus (Jimmy) in the Senate. Has a mutual and similar self interest to Commodus and conspires to help rid him of his enemies in order to consolidate his power.

Ronnie Lester - Gaius: He supported the Senator Gracchus (Jerry West) and is often seen with him. Also a member of the Senate. He is targeted by Commodus because of this and will eventually have a similar fate to Gracchus despite years of loyal service.

Mitch Kupchack - Quintus: Only high ranking member of the former regime to maintain his current position. Worked along side Maximus (Phil) in the past in order to win many victories (5 rings) for the empire, yet remains completely loyal to the current rule despite his misgivings about Commodus (Jimmy).

Kurt Rambis - Hagen: Also fights along side Maximus in the games. He is a trusted friend and ally. Second only to Juba (Shaw).

Joey Buss - Lucius: Next in line to rule after Commodus (Jimmy).

Lawrence Tanter - Cassius: Was the head of the Gladitorial Games in the Colosseum and its announcer.

Kobe Bryant - Cicero: A great warrior/general who served directly under Maximus (Phil). He was Maximus' most trusted and gifted ally on the battlefield who directly helped him to win many great victories (5 rings). Yearns to have his former general back so that they can win many more battles (rings) together.

Mike Brown - Tigris of Gaul: A rival gladiator sought out by Commodus in order to defeat Maximus on the battlefield and destroy his legend in the eyes of the people. He fails miserably.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#2 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,109 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 08:54 AM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Brilliant.

#3 j0k3r

j0k3r

Rookie

• 295 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Shaq, KOBE

Posted November 28, 2012 - 12:15 PM

thats very interesting

#4 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 28, 2012 - 12:24 PM

lol

#5 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 912 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 08:38 AM

Every time I say this, I almost get shot... But I never watched the gladiator :(
I really should and see what all the fuss is about.

#6 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted November 29, 2012 - 08:43 AM

Every time I say this, I almost get shot... But I never watched the gladiator :(
I really should and see what all the fuss is about.

get it on blu

great movie

Pau Gasol is GONE

#7 Obsidien

Obsidien

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Fan Since:Late 80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Chick & Kobe 2nd

Posted November 29, 2012 - 09:19 AM

that is an awesome reference. Cool post man, thanks