JSaber20

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Jaime
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Big Game James Worthy

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:01 PM

Defense overall was good.

Metta got burned but guess what? There is supposed to be a reason for having a seven footer in the paint if the perimeter player gets beat.

Pau is no better than a 6'6 player guarding that play at the rim.

We shouldn't have had to rely on Pau in the first place, we already know he's awful at stopping penetration.
Like I said we can't have bad perimeter defense with Pau Gasol in the backcourt, Dwight can't be two places at the same time.

Either get better perimeter defenders or don't play Pau.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#22 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:03 PM

Just going to put this out there: a frontcourt of Dwight Howard, Ron Artest, and Josh Smith would have prevented that last layup.

No, because when Ron lead him to Smith, Smith would have hedged him correctly and blocked the shot.

I really REALLY shutter to imagine what our defense is going to look like when we have Nash at the 1 and Gasol at the 4. I expect it from Nash but now I'm hoping Gasol is traded BEFORE Nash gets back. Am I wrong for wanting that lol

You guys don't like Varejao?

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,385 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Bright side, Howard's looking like himself! Like a real 85% of himself and his blocks tonight were great.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#24 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,385 posts

Jordan Hill

#25 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:07 PM

Jordan Hill

I would love for Hill to play more minutes, but seriously, Varejao is an underrated defender.

#26 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:08 PM

hill got by metta and pau EASY

Pau Gasol is GONE

#27 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:08 PM

We shouldn't have had to rely on Pau in the first place, we already know he's awful at stopping penetration.
Like I said we can't have bad perimeter defense with Pau Gasol in the backcourt, Dwight can't be two places at the same time.

Either get better perimeter defenders or don't play Pau.

The point is that our big men are there for a reason. Pau defeats that purpose.

Pau at the very least needs to alter shots, he doesn't. Hill shot that ball high because of Howard, not Gasol.

I said this last year with Gasol/Bynum. Teams were not scared to drive the lame. This year teams are running plays towards Gasol's side and making Dwight work twice as hard when he's not 100%.

When our lone 7 footer is not even a thought in the opponents mind on offense, it's an issue.

There's not many perimeter defenders available that would make an impact.

#28 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,385 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:09 PM

I would love for Hill to play more minutes, but seriously, Varejao is an underrated defender.

My point is we got a guy that would give us what Verejao gives us in more or less terms maybe not as aggressive a defender but a good one nonetheless and a garbage man.

Getting Smith is getting another star for Gasol who is also a star but also netting us a better defender and someone with more years in them.

I called Gasol has 2 years being top tier in this league... I think that's down to one...maybe...

#29 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:11 PM

The point is that our big men are there for a reason. Pau defeats that purpose.

Pau at the very least needs to alter shots, he doesn't. Hill shot that ball high because of Howard, not Gasol.

I said this last year with Gasol/Bynum. Teams were not scared to drive the lame. This year teams are running plays towards Gasol's side and making Dwight work twice as hard when he's not 100%.

When our lone 7 footer is not even a thought in the opponents mind on offense, it's an issue.

There's not many perimeter defenders available that would make an impact.

Exactly, I can still remember that Ray Allen lay up

#30 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:12 PM

No, because when Ron lead him to Smith, Smith would have hedged him correctly and blocked the shot.

That's what I was saying, lol.

Replace Ron and he might not get into the lane in the first place. That's why I'm up for moving Ron to PF with Pau being traded for a SF.

That works, also, but if we can trade Gasol for Smith (probably won't happen), I'd consider that first.

I can't think of many starting SF's we can land with Gasol. A lot of teams will be avoiding Pau for financial reasons.

Varejao won't be dealt. He's the heart and soul of Cleveland while Kyrie Irving is hurt.

#31 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:13 PM

My point is we got a guy that would give us what Verejao gives us in more or less terms maybe not as aggressive a defender but a good one nonetheless and a garbage man.

Getting Smith is getting another star for Gasol who is also a star but also netting us a better defender and someone with more years in them.

I called Gasol has 2 years being top tier in this league... I think that's down to one...maybe...

The only problem that I see with Hill playing heavy minutes is that he will get hurt. He's like the Gerald Wallace of big men, he plays with reckless abandon.

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:13 PM

Speaking of Sideshow Bob, Byron Scott said he's the best center in the league

#33 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,757 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:19 PM

hahah that's homerism at his finest

:thumbup: good one byron!

:smh: haha

Edited by androsays, November 27, 2012 - 11:19 PM.

2div

#34 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,706 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:24 PM

I don't understand Pau. That report came out that said his knees were bothering him a few days ago. Does he realize that by playing, and not getting treatment (if there is a possible treatment) he's hurting us more than helping us.

When Kobe plays hurt, he usually gives a hard, nasty effort to play. Pau is playing hurt, but he's just using it as an excuse for his poor play. Either sit, or play with some heart out there. The only time I see some heart from Pau is when he's complaining a call he has no business complaining.

Everything should fall into play (bench scoring, shooting, fewer turnovers) when Nash comes back, excluding Pau. I just don't see him doing anything right out there anytime soon.

#35 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,290 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:25 PM

Speaking of Sideshow Bob, Byron Scott said he's the best center in the league

Well. He's putting good numbers out there.

#36 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,757 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:26 PM

pau does not have kobe's heart. there are only a few players in the league who can match kobe's will.

but yes, pau is a [expletive].

2div

#37 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:27 PM

I don't understand Pau. That report came out that said his knees were bothering him a few days ago. Does he realize that by playing, and not getting treatment (if there is a possible treatment) he's hurting us more than helping us.

When Kobe plays hurt, he usually gives a hard, nasty effort to play. Pau is playing hurt, but he's just using it as an excuse for his poor play. Either sit, or play with some heart out there. The only time I see some heart from Pau is when he's complaining a call he has no business complaining.

Everything should fall into play (bench scoring, shooting, fewer turnovers) when Nash comes back, excluding Pau. I just don't see him doing anything right out there anytime soon.

There's no treatment for tendonitis. You can rest but ultimately it could be a lingering issue.

I developed tendonitis in my knee when I was about 14, I'm 23 now and it still is a problem and I don't even play a sport anymore.

#38 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:41 PM

Just imagine our D with Nash and Pau together....but yea Pau really looks done I feel bad for the guy but annoyed and tired of him at the same time.

#39 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,713 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:58 PM

That works, also, but if we can trade Gasol for Smith (probably won't happen), I'd consider that first.

I can't think of many starting SF's we can land with Gasol. A lot of teams will be avoiding Pau for financial reasons.

Ya heard it here first folks! Gasol for Smith trade could happen anytime now.

Edited by Jackson, November 27, 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#40 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted November 28, 2012 - 12:02 AM

Ya heard it here first folks! Gasol for Smith trade could happen anytime now.

LOL yes...the Phil Jackson thing was actually done as a joke (and because someone else asked me to in the topic), but I just realized I posted that without thinking about the Nash coincidence. Uh oh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users