Bjork

Sugg

• 1,297 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted November 27, 2012 - 12:32 PM

Dave McMenamin@mcten
Funniest part of Dwight losing a shooting contest to the L.A. Kings mascot? DH joking it was Nash in the costume http://bit.ly/Tjus2r

Posted Image

Dwight Howard lost to the L.A. Kings' mascot Bailey in a shooting contest today. Here's the story ...

Quick back story: Bailey, the Kings' mascot showed up at Lakers' shootaround Tuesday along with the M.L.S. Cup to film some segments with the Lakers players interacting with the mascot of the championship Kings and the trophy of the championship L.A. Galaxy soccer team.

After shootaround was over, Bailey challenged Dwight Howard to a free throw shooting contest on a side court and beat him. Dwight said it didn't count unless it was on the main court. So Bailey beat him at free throws on the main court. Then Dwight moved the contest out to the NBA 3-point line. They shot 3s from the corner and Bailey, a man standing about 5-10 wearing a lion costume, beat Howard, a man standing 6-9 and wearing his basketball practice uniform and sneakers as the first person to make five 3s.

Here's what Dwight had to say about it:

DH: "Anything I can do to help the team. I was being a team player today, missing shots. Allowing him to get his shots off so he can feel good about himself. Sometimes you have to lose to win."

Reporter: It looked like you were trying to win though…

DH: "No. I really wasn’t. You have to lose to win."

Reporter: Think it would be easy to shoot with that mask on?

DH: "He really couldn’t see the rim. He really couldn’t."

Reporter: At least the Kings got a little bit of action …

DH: "That’s why I let him win. Kings are winners. See, we all are winners. He won. And we’re going to win tonight. Which means, that we’re all winners. Sometimes you got to lose to win. I would rather lose tonight than win now. It doesn’t count."

Reporter: But you could win both though …

DH: "It doesn’t matter. It’s just a friendly game. I want him to feel good about himself."

(Pau Gasol walks by)

DH: "Pau! Tell them how bad I was shooting today. It was my worst day. Just all over."

Gasol: "Free throws … Yeah, he was just a little off. He’ll get it together tonight."

DH: "It was my worst day. Today was my worst day at shootaround."

Reporter: Ever been to a Kings game?

DH: "Yeah, I actually went on NHL ’99 on Sega Genesis. That’s the last time I saw the Kings play. That’s the last time I saw Bailey."

Reporter: You know they won the Stanley Cup, right …

DH: "Yeah. I heard."

Reporter: Not impressed?

DH: "I am. Shoot. They got a ring. It’s tough to get. Any professional sport, as a team sport, it’s tough to win. So, it’s a good accomplishment

Video: http://telly.com/GBJLO

Edited by Bjork, November 27, 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#2 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,409 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 27, 2012 - 12:35 PM

looool

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#3 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,297 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted November 27, 2012 - 12:47 PM

Bailey LA Kings@BaileyLAKings
@mcten I agree with everything but the "man in a suit" I am a LION!!!!

And

Quick video of BaileyLAKings shooting FT's against DwightHoward

http://telly.com/GBJLO

Edited by Bjork, November 27, 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#4 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,948 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 27, 2012 - 03:40 PM

Lmao, just one of the commodities of having D12 on the squad

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users