81 replies to this topic

#81 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 29, 2012 - 11:33 AM

^^^I watched the game. Kobe did have 7 real turnovers! 3 of them he was fouled on way to hoop & got no calls. I dont excuse his turnovers especially the ones where he is obviously trying to do too much. But those turnovers only come into play because Kobe refuses to just sit back & wait for the rest of the team to regain their confidence while the defecit continues to grow! Id rather have my best player trying too much "willing" the team to a victory they have no business winning over just going thru the motions on route to a blowout losing gm cuz he continued to rely on those who were not prepared to play that gm.

1 thing you need to learn with Kobe & you should already know = his shot attempts do not matter! I dont care how many he takes. when we see gms where he takes more than 24 its because it was required if LA wanted any chance to try to pull out a W. I put no stock into your stat of this season where when Kobe has 38 or more we lose. Its easy to mention that after the gm outcome! That doesnt tell the story of why the Lakers lost! Its just the old cliche cop out espn talking point! Instead of keeping things in perspective & calling the true players out that were the direct cause for the loss.

Kobe only has 1 style of play = it is the same always no matter if he is shooting alot or passing alot. he makes the same moves at certain spots on the floor & makes his counter moves based on the defense. But his gm remains the same whether he has 1 asisst, 5 assist (career avg), or double digit assists. If the players make the damn shots he would regularly average 7-8 assist per gm but they dont & its been that way his entire career for the most part.

Its not about name calling its about you using hypocritical statements. how can you blame the guy that gave full effort & almost willed the team into the W while battling the flu? But give the other players a pass = makes 0 sense!

When you watch gms here on out do me a favor & start counting the missed would be assists on his stat line because thats the only way its gonna resinate with you. Then after the game you see Kobe has 25-30 pts scored in a game 3-5 true assists & prolly another 5 (would have been asssits if the damn player made the wideopen shot) He is facilitating in those cases & the players are bricking!

In 2 weeks do u really believe nash will be healthy enough to take over completely? Cuz I dont & from day 1 minutes after seeing the injury to Nash I have been saying he & Lakers were lying about his injuries & he would be out for 4-6 weeks easy! Dont expect Nash to comeback & be 100% ready to takeover all facilitating duties = thats a long shot!
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#82 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,112 posts

Posted November 29, 2012 - 01:21 PM

^ The quote thing isn't working which is why I think you did the arrow thing so I'll follow.

Just to address things in dashes and bold. May make it easier to read:

- Turnovers

You're saying his turnovers matter:

"I dont excuse his turnovers especially the ones where he is obviously trying to do too much. "

Then you're saying they don't matter:

"But those turnovers only come into play because Kobe refuses to just sit back & wait for the rest of the team to regain their confidence while the defecit continues to grow! "

Make up your mind.

- Addressing the name calling:

I'm a hypocrite for saying Kobe needs to pass more apparently. I'm sorry but did you even read what I wrote? You're claiming I give other players a pass:

"But give the other players a pass = makes 0 sense!"

When I clearly said:

"Everyone is to blame in the game," and there's even a couple posts where I call out Pau for playing like [expletive] and again say everyone was missing shots. Do you know how to read or do you just enjoy making things up?

- Watching the games.

"When you watch gms here on out do me a favor & start counting the missed would be assists on his stat line because thats the only way its gonna resinate with you."

You do ME a favor. You re-watch the game and see how many times Kobe ran into the lane and got the ball stripped from him after running into 3-4 defenders.

- Nash

"In 2 weeks do u really believe nash will be healthy enough to take over completely? Cuz I dont & from day 1 minutes after seeing the injury to Nash I have been saying he & Lakers were lying about his injuries & he would be out for 4-6 weeks easy! Dont expect Nash to comeback & be 100% ready to takeover all facilitating duties = thats a long shot!
"

I'm not a doctor, I have no idea how Nash will be. I'm assuming that the whole team will play better because he will be the man holding the ball and he has a proven track record.

So again, ignore all the stats that show Kobe was ball hogging. The 10 turnovers, the 55% increase in shot attempts and the lack of assists but at the end of the day if you provide NO data then you have NO case in my eyes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users