81 replies to this topic

#41 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 801 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 27, 2012 - 06:43 PM

^^Thats cuz u willingly enjected urself with some of the virus! Why get the shot & take a dose of the virus when u prolly wont catch it at all without taking the shot? A common cold is not the same. Kobe better play cuz I dont want to watch the gm if he isnt

It's not a live virus. Flu-shot itself will not cause you to get a flu.

#42 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 27, 2012 - 06:44 PM

Was there ever any doubt?
htCCl0m.png

#43 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 459 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:17 PM

Good excuse just in case they can't win against a granger less Indiana.

#44 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:20 PM

Drops 40 lol

#45 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,393 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:20 PM

Wish he didn't play if all he was going to try to do was prove he can score with a flu.

He's a major reason we lost.

- 10 turnovers ....53% of the team's turnovers

- 42% shooting....took 37% of our shots

His free throws and three point shooting were phenomenal but if Kobe doesn't understand that this team plays well when there's a facilitator then there's something wrong. Nash is gone and Kobe has been filling that void.

The team as a whole didn't play with energy but I believe a part of that is because Kobe was ball hogging.

#46 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Wish he didn't play if all he was going to try to do was prove he can score with a flu.

He's a major reason we lost.

- 10 turnovers ....53% of the team's turnovers

- 42% shooting....took 37% of our shots

His free throws and three point shooting were phenomenal but if Kobe doesn't understand that this team plays well when there's a facilitator then there's something wrong. Nash is gone and Kobe has been filling that void.

The team as a whole didn't play with energy but I believe a part of that is because Kobe was ball hogging.

If he wasn't in the game we would have lost by 10+. With DH getting in foul trouble no one could create out there.

#47 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,098 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:32 PM

Legendary performance they'd have talked about for years had we won. But the other players messed that up.

40 points

Flu game

Chick Hearn's birthday...

All to waste.

Edited by Majesty, November 27, 2012 - 10:33 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#48 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,393 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:38 PM

If he wasn't in the game we would have lost by 10+. With DH getting in foul trouble no one could create out there.

Disagree.

"no one could create out there."

How do we know this? Were others given a chance? Kobe was holding onto the ball the whole time and kept driving down the lane only to turn it over.

Kobe has been doing a great job in our wins when he is facilitating throwing it out to someone else..... in addition he stills gets his normal 25-28 points. Don't believe me?

http://espn.go.com/n...110/kobe-bryant

We have not won 1 game where Kobe has had fewer than 5 assists. This whole offense works only when people are involved and I know it's not what Kobe is here for, but while Nash is out he needs to be the one facilitating because he's the only one who can do it.

He happens to be really good at it, just tonight he chose not to. You could even tell off the bat. Kobe tends to start off by passing the ball and getting others involved, but today he decided to just go into scoring mode.

Edited by JGuez, November 27, 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#49 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,098 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:41 PM

Disagree.

How do we know this? Were others given a chance? Kobe was holding onto the ball the whole time and kept driving down the lane only to turn it over.

Kobe has been doing a great job in our wins when he is facilitating throwing it out to someone else..... in addition he stills gets his normal 25-28 points. Don't believe me?

We have not won 1 game where Kobe has had fewer than 5 assists. This whole offense works only when people are involved and I know it's not what Kobe is here for, but while Nash is out he needs to be the one facilitating because he's the only one who can do it.

He happens to be really good at it, just tonight he chose not to. You could even tell off the bat. Kobe tends to start off by passing the ball and getting others involved, but today he decided to just go into scoring mode.

Edit: Did want to correct my statement. We lost to the Spurs when Kobe had 8 assists. That was when we had no coach though so....

Know the reason we win when Kobe has more than 5 assists? It means the people he's finding are scoring.

he found people tonight and the shots didn't fall.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#50 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,393 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:45 PM

Know the reason we win when Kobe has more than 5 assists? It means the people he's finding are scoring.

he found people tonight and the shots didn't fall.

He found people tonight but somehow managed to take 10 more shots than his average amount of attempts this season? All at the same time he turned the ball over 10 times.

Interesting logic you got going there....

#51 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:51 PM

Disagree.

If you watched the game it was pretty clear. No one else could penetrate or could create for others.

#52 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,698 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:55 PM

He found people tonight but somehow managed to take 10 more shots than his average amount of attempts this season? All at the same time he turned the ball over 10 times.

Interesting logic you got going there....

aside from kobe and dwight, the rest of the lakers shot 5/38. thats 13%. his logic makes perfect sense.

Edited by androsays, November 27, 2012 - 10:56 PM.

2div

#53 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,393 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:56 PM

If you watched the game it was pretty clear. No one else could penetrate or could create for others.

I watched the whole game. We we're missing as a team, but again it's because people weren't being fed. Kobe needs to take on that responsibility while Nash is out. He's the only person good enough to do it.

Again, check the facts. We have not won a game when Kobe has had fewer than 5 assists.In our wins he averaged almost 7 assists, in our losses he averages 3.

#54 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Monogatari

• 8,418 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:57 PM

Played a part on the mistakes, but props for putting up 40 while having the flu though.

MMiRi9s.png

#55 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,393 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:58 PM

aside from kobe and dwight, the rest of the lakers shot 5/38. thats 13%. his logic makes perfect sense.

Read the posts. Kobe needs to be our facilitator while Nash is out. How you don't understand that I don't know.

We will not win games without him being our facilitator while Nash is out.

#56 androsays

androsays

• 4,698 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:01 PM

u said you disagree that noone could create.

NOBODY COULD!

the second anybody got the ball they would pass. the only other person looking to score was dwight, but the team was shooting so bad they could immediately send help meaning 1, a bad shot or 2, a pass of the post. when kobe did have the ball, aside from the man settings picks, there was NO movement. when it was full on iso, there was NO movement. what the hell do you expect kobe to do?

and i'm not saying kobe isn't to blame, he had a triple double with turnovers, but saying he's a "major reason" is way off. him and dwight were the only reason we were in it!

Edited by androsays, November 27, 2012 - 11:03 PM.

2div

#57 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,393 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:04 PM

u said you disagree that noone could create.

NOBODY COULD!

the second anybody got the ball they would pass. the only other person looking to score was dwight, but the team was shooting so bad they could immediately send help meaning 1, a bad shot or 2, a pass of the post. when kobe did have the ball, aside from the man settings picks, there was NO movement. when it was full on iso, there was NO movement. what the hell do you expect kobe to do?

I misunderstood what I quoted. Yeah no one on our team can create, but that's EXACTLY why Kobe needs to play the facilitator and not chuck up those shots.

Edit: I expect Kobe to not drive into the lane and get stripped 10 times. I expect him to run around and find people like he's done in our other wins. Are you seriously trying to make the argument that we're better as a team when there's no facilitator and Kobe just takes all the shots?

Edited by JGuez, November 27, 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#58 androsays

androsays

• 4,698 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:08 PM

u can only play facilitator for so long.

getting cold, the whole psychology behind making and missing. it's real. when shots aren't falling all game, you're confidence is down. you could see it in the player's body language. the majority of the time his teammates would get the ball, they would pass it without looking to attack. any opportunity they could give it to kobe, they would give it to kobe and then stand and watch. like i said, what is kobe supposed to do BUT shoot?

again, the 10 turnovers are really bad, but him and dwight are the only reason we were ever in this game

Edited by androsays, November 27, 2012 - 11:10 PM.

2div

#59 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,393 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:14 PM

u can only play facilitator for so long.

getting cold, the whole psychology behind making and missing. it's real. when shots aren't falling all game, you're confidence is down. you can see it in the player's body language. the majority of the time teammates would pass the ball as soon as they would get it. any opportunity they could give it to kobe, they would give it to kobe and then stand and watch. like i said, what is kobe supposed to do BUT shoot?

again, the 10 turnovers are really bad, but him and dwight are the only reason we were ever in this game

I get the whole getting cold thing and agree that it's 100% real because it happens all the time, but he didn't even try to get people into the game. I know I'm repeating myself but it's only because I find the facts to glaring and obvious.

If Kobe facilitates, we win. If he doesn't, we lose while Nash is out.

- Averaging 7 assists when we win and averaging 3 when we lose. How does this stat not just scream at you that it's obvious why we lose games?

Again yes, there are other factors here. Kobe is not the only reason we lost. Pau got blocked....I think 5 times? We missed our free throws and we just couldn't get much to fall in but this team/offense is designed with the basic principle that there's a facilitator and a guy who can find people for their shots.

So again, are you trying to maintain the argument that you'd prefer to see Kobe go iso every play or do you agree that he needs to be our guy while Nash is out?

#60 androsays

androsays

• 4,698 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:16 PM

no, my argument is against your point that kobe was a "major reason" we lost this game. he was not. like i said and will continue to say, he played a role, specifically the 10 turnovers, but the MAJOR reasons we lost were piss poor field goal and free throw percentage, and 0 contributions from the bench.

Edited by androsays, November 27, 2012 - 11:17 PM.

2div

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users