Photo

Injury Updates: Blake out 6-8 weeks with surgery (pg. 19 hopes to return mid-January, via Mike Bresnahan)

Nash and Blake Update Blake: Out for two at least

• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#121 AirTupac

AirTupac

Rookie

• 468 posts
  • Name:Tupac
  • Fan Since:96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2012 - 11:59 PM

Morris and Steve Blake are having a battle with each other. Its hard for me to pick who I hate more.
To Live and Die in L.A

#122 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Ugh.

• 7,918 posts
  • Name:Hello, My Baby!
  • Fan Since:Hello, My Darlin'!
  • Fav. Laker:Hello, My Ragtime Gal!

Posted December 10, 2012 - 12:00 AM

Duhon: 12 points, 11 assists.

Doodoo is better by far in this offensive system.

Morris is just, Morris.

Trade for Austin Rivers, say, Hill & Johnson. 

#123 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:01 PM

http://www.usatoday....inning/1759213/

"I think it will be at least another two weeks," Nash said. "I can move. I can shoot. I just can't run full speed. And I'm not even in shape. I'll probably need at least a week of practice once I start running."

OK, then can he save the Lakers?

"I hope I can make a difference," Nash says. "I think the team is close to doing well on their own. It's hard. It's like a second training camp. The guys haven't had a lot of time to practice under Mike.

"We really haven't had a chance to play together in a new system, and we're trying to fight through that."

Nash says when he watches the team, what he thinks is missing most is "just time together. It's been a really difficult truncated season."

With the losses mounting – four in the past five games, including the two most recent home games (against Orlando and Utah) – will there be enough time to turn things around when Nash returns?

"I don't know, we'll see," Nash says. "I think anything is possible with this team. If we stick together and work hard, I think the sky's the limit. But we've got a tall task ahead of us."

UGH

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#124 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:09 PM

Well in all likelihood we won't see Nash until 2013. Well that's if the world doesn't end.
htCCl0m.png

#125 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,920 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:15 PM

Well it's being reported now that he's dealing with a nerve problem. The fracture healed a couple weeks ago in fact.

RT @SpearsNBAYahoo: Y! Sports story: Nerve irritation in leg root of delay for @Lakers guard Steve Nash's return. http://t.co/6TenfuAf

#126 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,434 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:32 PM

Well it's being reported now that he's dealing with a nerve problem. The fracture healed a couple weeks ago in fact.

Well that's good news, so it's pretty much what they cured MWP of, but not in as serious an area, that's good news, the difference was Metta played through it during the process, while Nash doesn't want to put his body through that and I understand why because we all remember how terrible Metta was looking through the process. We don't want that kind of Nash out there.

This was my favorite part of that article though

Nash can run and has been doing dribbling and conditioning drills in hopes of maintaining his conditioning. The 38-year-old, however, hasn't been cleared to fully participate in practice.

So he CAN run now, my guess is he's staying out right now to get himself back into basketball shape and will do a week of practice before coming back which will work loads.

Also another interesting thing.

D'antoni has been having the Lakers practice in sets where Nash is primary point guard as opposed to before.

This means that Duhon plays "Nash" in practice and Kobe is searching for his spots to score from and Duhon is primary ball handler...

My guess is... this is a sign that Nash is returning very soon because D'antoni is using Duhon as "plug in Nash" during practice and doesn't have anyone else handling the ball up the court or facilitating in the offense. So Kobe is playing wing shooter in practice, the only time they DON'T run that is in the actual games where we have 4 primary ball handlers. But in practice there's only one and he's doing what Nash would do.

makes a LOT of sense why now. After reading that article.

Edited by Majesty, December 10, 2012 - 11:48 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#127 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,920 posts

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:35 PM

I still think Nash is back next week.

It's getting closer, that's all that matters.

#128 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,011 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 10, 2012 - 11:45 PM

Im thinking more and more this will end up being a year long injury. I know they say he is getting better but seems like there just one more thing wrong after another.

His injury was about 6 and a half weeks ago.They said he would be back at 1st it in only one week then 3 weeks then 6.

It just seems like were gonna hear soon that the injury is much worse than expected and even though hes feeling better he will need surgy or some [expletive] like that.

I really hope im wrong but I am starting to expect him not ever coming back.

Luck doesn't seem to be on the side of the lakers this year.

#129 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,959 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 11, 2012 - 05:09 AM

The Lakers should have had a better back-up plan the whole time. The guy is 39 years old.

I still think getting a new perimeter defender is the top need for this team, but getting another PG is inching closer to it. Both are definitely big needs right now.

Posted Image

#130 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,641 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 11, 2012 - 06:20 AM

This is getting on my nerves.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#131 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,690 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:08 AM

Terrible news day in and day out. When will we get good news?

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#132 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 2,841 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:50 AM

bad news :(

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#133 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,609 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:54 AM

I hope we get Nash back soon,but I hate the fact that D'Antoni is relying on him so much in a unhealthy way
Posted Image

#134 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,609 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:27 AM

Mark Medina@MedinaLakersNBA

Steve Nash did shooting & ball handling drills during morning shootaround. Mike D'Antoni says Nash works out @ night, but still no running

Posted Image

#135 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,920 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 09:39 AM

Im thinking more and more this will end up being a year long injury. I know they say he is getting better but seems like there just one more thing wrong after another.

His injury was about 6 and a half weeks ago.They said he would be back at 1st it in only one week then 3 weeks then 6.

It just seems like were gonna hear soon that the injury is much worse than expected and even though hes feeling better he will need surgy or some [expletive] like that.

I really hope im wrong but I am starting to expect him not ever coming back.

Luck doesn't seem to be on the side of the lakers this year.

Well like I've said plenty of times, whoever thought and reported he was coming back in one week was misinformed. A fracture takes around 4 weeks to heal. Ignorant to believe he was back in just a few days.

If they had announced he was dealing with a nerve problem, I would have said 2 months is realistic.

This team has bigger issues than Nash. Defense needs to be played or we won't be doing much. Our offense is fine, Nash will just make the offense far more deadly.

#136 Obsidien

Obsidien

Rookie

• 146 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Fan Since:Late 80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Chick & Kobe 2nd

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:23 AM

Problem with Lakers is not Nash not being here, it's their effort. We all see glimpses of them actually trying with around 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter where they actually put some strings of runs together and get good stops. Nash will help the offense more and distribute the ball more evenly which I hope will translate into everyone putting more consistant effort for 48 minutes instead of 5. That's about all I can hope for, because we all know once Nash sets foot on the court, our defense will start to suffer so we need more consistant effort to make up for it.

This will teach the league to basketball reason Lakers

#137 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,434 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 11, 2012 - 02:49 PM

Problem with Lakers is not Nash not being here, it's their effort. We all see glimpses of them actually trying with around 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter where they actually put some strings of runs together and get good stops. Nash will help the offense more and distribute the ball more evenly which I hope will translate into everyone putting more consistant effort for 48 minutes instead of 5. That's about all I can hope for, because we all know once Nash sets foot on the court, our defense will start to suffer so we need more consistant effort to make up for it.

yes. Late in the 4th or as D'antoni puts it when some members of the team go "Alright we'll try to win now" and they cut a 12 point deficit to 4 in about a minutes time. it's frustrating for him and why he is benching players that he sees "taking plays off" because that's not the way you win. His words.

Edited by Majesty, December 11, 2012 - 02:49 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#138 Obsidien

Obsidien

Rookie

• 146 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Fan Since:Late 80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Chick & Kobe 2nd

Posted December 11, 2012 - 03:23 PM

Didn't know that but I'm glad he's doing it...but I think it's more than just any 1 person on any play, it's kind of a team mindset almost. What I was getting at earlier that I don't think I made clear, was that with Nash coming back and because of his more equal and possibly better distribution of the ball it will get more people involved in the game. Thus they'll run the floor better and give each play that extra 5% more effort that seems to be plaguing this team.

This will teach the league to basketball reason Lakers

#139 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted December 11, 2012 - 07:25 PM

D'Antoni himself talked about how his Suns teams couldn't win consistently whenever Nash was out, and they had Barbosa backing him up (who by the way was available for almost nothing).

You hire a coach who runs an offense completely predicated on good point guard play when your top two point guards are already injured, this is what you get.

#140 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,011 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 12, 2012 - 12:52 AM

D'Antoni himself talked about how his Suns teams couldn't win consistently whenever Nash was out, and they had Barbosa backing him up (who by the way was available for almost nothing).

You hire a coach who runs an offense completely predicated on good point guard play when your top two point guards are already injured, this is what you get.

lol yea cuz the suns have had so much telent other than nash

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users