Photo

Injury Updates: Blake out 6-8 weeks with surgery (pg. 19 hopes to return mid-January, via Mike Bresnahan)

Nash and Blake Update Blake: Out for two at least

• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#421 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,567 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:28 AM

I NEVER said he was a better back-up, my god.

Please, read my posts!

So then you DON'T disagree that Blake would make a difference and would be a better backup than Duhon or Morris then?

I'd like to hear your actual opinion on the matter then, and why. If you don't mind.

i'm sorry but when you reply in the way you've done some times where you sort of have a "how the mighty have fallen" stance, I naturally assume you're disagreeing.

So just to clear the air.

Do you or do you not think Blake is the better back up option at point guard and that he is the better pick and roll guard. And that he would run the offense more effectively than Duhon or Morris?

That is the question I'm asking :) So that you can give a proper answer :) If you wish to.

Edited by Majesty, January 02, 2013 - 01:30 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#422 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,299 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:31 AM

Where do you pull this stuff from. I never gave opinion one on Blake regarding whether he would or wouldn't make a difference.

What I essentially said was I think it's sad that the excuse as to why the Lakers are failing as a team right now has gotten so low as to think that Blake will somehow make a big difference when he comes back. That's my opinion on the matter.

Blake in the fold won't make on iota of difference for better or worse with this team, not one.

#423 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,567 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:39 AM

Where do you pull this stuff from. I never gave opinion one on Blake regarding whether he would or wouldn't make a difference.

What I essentially said was I think it's sad that the excuse as to why the Lakers are failing as a team right now has gotten so low as to think that Blake will somehow make a big difference when he comes back. That's my opinion on the matter.

Blake in the fold won't make on iota of difference for better or worse with this team, not one.

I guess I wonder why you would say such a thing if you didn't agree.

But it seems your opinion is "Whether Blake helps us or not, it won't be enough to get us over the hump." apparently?

#424 fido

fido

• 11,299 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:49 AM

Didn't agree with what?

If you think Steve Blake is the difference maker in getting this Laker team to wake the hell up, you're off your rocker.

I'm done, you're putting words in my mouth, misquoting me and arguing in nonsensical circles.

#425 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,567 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:58 AM

Didn't agree with what?

If you think Steve Blake is the difference maker in getting this Laker team to wake the hell up, you're off your rocker.

I'm done, you're putting words in my mouth, misquoting me and arguing in nonsensical circles.

I was asking you your opinion and asking if I was correct as to your opinion after your answer. Which I was doing above at the top of this page, asking what your true opinion about Blake returning is.

And I didn't see anyone saying that Blake is what turns us into a "playoff" team which you based it off of. Your words.

So now everyone's new hope is that somehow Steve Blake will make this team a playoff team?

I'd like to see where that was said. As far as I know, no one was here proclaiming that Blake's return on it's own is what make this team into a playoff team. That's not me putting words in your mouth that's your own perspective. Which seems more assumptuous than what you're trying to make mine because I never saw anyone say that Blake returning was what was gonna make our team into a playoff team:) But I digress.

So I assumed you were disagreeing that he'd help. So I addressed you.

You then responded that you never said that Duhon or Morris were better than Blake.

so I straight up retorted what I said to "clear the air" and I straight up asked you

"Do you or do you not think Blake is the better back up option at point guard and that he is the better pick and roll guard. And that he would run the offense more effectively than Duhon or Morris?"

Which you then didn't answer, fully intent on saying I was putting words in your mouth.

And then you said this

So then I to make sure I was clear on your perspective I asked you If I was getting your opinion correctly if assuming that your opinion was something along the lines of

"Whether Blake helps us or not, it won't be enough to get us over the hump."

And i asked you that just to make sure I was understanding you correctly and NOT putting words in your mouth.

On this page I retorted any assumption I made on the page prior and instead asked you a straight up questions so that I wouldn't misunderstand you or your perspective at all.

And then when I asked you if I was correct in assuming that your perspective on the matter was similar to or close to

"Whether Blake helps us or not, it won't be enough to get us over the hump."

You said I was sticking words in your mouth again. Which I have not done on this page

I instead retorted it so I could ask you a straight up question so I could get your true opinion on it. And then I asked you if I received your opinion correctly and said what I was asking if you meant.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Majesty, January 02, 2013 - 02:02 AM.

#426 fido

fido

• 11,299 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 02:01 AM

Again, here it is, a direct quote from only three or so posts above this...

"Blake in the fold won't make on iota of difference for better or worse with this team, not one."

I'm tired of this, your arguing for argument's sake and you not reading what I type without assuming.

Good night, get back to the topic now.

#427 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,567 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 02:04 AM

Again, here it is, a direct quote from only three or so posts above this...

"Blake in the fold won't make on iota of difference for better or worse with this team, not one."

I'm tired of this, your arguing for argument's sake and you not reading what I type without assuming.

Good night, get back to the topic now.

Thank you.

And I agree, that Blake by himself wouldn't help this team get over the hump. However I will welcome him back over Duhon and Morris at the point guard position as I think he'll run the offense better.

Hopefully he returns next week as expected. It was 2 or 3.. today on Access Sportsnet they said 3 or 4 weeks. So we'll see.

#428 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 02:08 AM

He tends to do this a lot. Idk why he likes to try and debunk everyone's opinion. Maybe it's to make himself feel better.

#429 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 04:59 AM

We need Blake back as soon as possible. Our two back-up point guards are terrible: Duhon is a liability on D while Morris can't score at all.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users