Photo

Injury Updates: Blake out 6-8 weeks with surgery (pg. 19 hopes to return mid-January, via Mike Bresnahan)

Nash and Blake Update Blake: Out for two at least

• Please log in to reply
428 replies to this topic

#401 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 31, 2012 - 09:08 PM

When steve blake is healthy everybody hates him and now he's going to be so great LOL

#402 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,191 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 31, 2012 - 09:11 PM

When steve blake is healthy everybody hates him and now he's going to be so great LOL

People hated when he'd score consistently.

it basically becomes a game of, if Blake has a good game, say he'll play like crap, and no matter how good a streak of games for him goes, wait till the game he has a bad night to bash him for every sin in the basketball world.

That's how it's gonna be with Steve Blake. If he comes into this system and has a string of good games in D'antoni's system people will say "just wait! he'll suck soon!" and then if he has a bad game there's gonna be a 10 page thread to trade him and how useless he is in about an hours time.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#403 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 31, 2012 - 09:24 PM

People hated when he'd score consistently.

it basically becomes a game of, if Blake has a good game, say he'll play like crap, and no matter how good a streak of games for him goes, wait till the game he has a bad night to bash him for every sin in the basketball world.

That's how it's gonna be with Steve Blake. If he comes into this system and has a string of good games in D'antoni's system people will say "just wait! he'll suck soon!" and then if he has a bad game there's gonna be a 10 page thread to trade him and how useless he is in about an hours time.

we he does suck and he can't play defense

#404 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 31, 2012 - 09:36 PM

Omg! You guys are really dumb if u really think that Steve Blake will come in and have a "string of good games" lol. He won't play that we'll after injury, he isn't Nash

#405 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,396 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 09:53 PM

Omg! You guys are really dumb if u really think that Steve Blake will come in and have a "string of good games" lol. He won't play that we'll after injury, he isn't Nash

So you're calling me dumb?

Because I think it's possible for Blake to have a string of good games.

#406 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 31, 2012 - 10:04 PM

Let's be honest: what we're looking for is a player who can run the offense (against other backups) and create shots for others (against other backups) for about 15 mpg, nyu.

I believe Blake has the skillset and ability to do so, nyu...nothing more, nothing less...nyu.

Edited by GCMD, December 31, 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#407 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 10:10 PM

So you're calling me dumb?

Because I think it's possible for Blake to have a string of good games.

Possible? Yes. Probable? No. Anyone can say it is "possible"

#408 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 31, 2012 - 10:52 PM

blake won't be any better. i'll bet on that. pnr my ass. he doesn't even drive to the lane. the pnr would be useless then

Edited by ツ  , December 31, 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#409 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 10:59 PM

blake won't be any better. i'll bet on that. pnr my ass. he doesn't even drive to the lane. the pnr would be useless then

#410 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,749 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 31, 2012 - 11:32 PM

Possible? Yes. Probable? No. Anyone can say it is "possible"

2div

#411 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 09:57 PM

Cause you expect this team to just start clicking on all cylinders all of a sudden against one of the hottest teams in the NBA?

LMAO some of you guys crack me up.

How's that "clicking on all cylinders" working out for us?

• 40,407 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:44 PM

blake won't be any better. i'll bet on that. pnr my ass.

Exactly, we hardly run any P&R as is with Nash as our PG, imagine with Blake?

yo.

#413 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,341 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:46 PM

Call me crazy, but we missed Duhon tonight. Obviously not on defense, but he can make three's and can facilitate. Was a 4 point game, not like we needed much.

#414 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,926 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted January 01, 2013 - 11:06 PM

So now everyone's new hope is that somehow Steve Blake will make this team a playoff team?

Wow, from coaching to injuries, to Nash coming back, to Pau needing to be trade, to Pau being hurt, to Howard not being 100%, to no bench, now to Steve Blake will be a big help.

No end to the excuse train 'round these parts. I imagine at some point everyone will have to face the fact that this team does not have what it takes to do anything but languish in the bottom third of the NBA, and hope for a shot at the 8th seed and a first round exit.

The sooner the team / organization (and to a far lesser extent the fans) realize this team has serious trouble, the sooner something can be done to try and correct it.

#415 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,211 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 11:37 PM

So now everyone's new hope is that somehow Steve Blake will make this team a playoff team?

Wow, from coaching to injuries, to Nash coming back, to Pau needing to be trade, to Pau being hurt, to Howard not being 100%, to no bench, now to Steve Blake will be a big help.

No end to the excuse train 'round these parts. I imagine at some point everyone will have to face the fact that this team does not have what it takes to do anything but languish in the bottom third of the NBA, and hope for a shot at the 8th seed and a first round exit.

The sooner the team / organization (and to a far lesser extent the fans) realize this team has serious trouble, the sooner something can be done to try and correct it.

This

#416 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 688 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted January 01, 2013 - 11:42 PM

lol I'm sure most everyone knows that we have some deep-seated issues, what with defensive woes, (fill in the blank) struggling, and Dwight not even living up to Bizarro, let alone the Superman moniker.

Buttt it's nice - at least as a fan - to have something to look forward to when the team is under-performing, and your backup pg is the fearsome Chris Duhon. What the front office does at this point is all up in the air. *hope for another Mitch Kupchak highway robbery*

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#417 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,191 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:15 AM

I would like to see your argument on how Morris and Duhon are better pick and roll point guards than blake since you're gonna bash anyone that seems to think he'll help. Or is chastise all you're going to do till they make the playoffs? :)

Your whole "this season will be a penance because they didn't hire the coaches I want" really shows when you're acting like some of the posters you moderate.

But I'm no mod, so I have no room to talk nor do I have any idea what you probably deal with on a daily basis.

But I'm sure it's just a rough patch for you. As a fan.

I'll say what I said then.

You have sour grapes over the fact the Lakers didn't hire Phil or Sloan and are intent on never acknowledging a single positive thing the team does because you want the organization to pay. Which is why you see or try to entertain that the mavericks going on a 38-13 run without a healthy Nowitski is more likely than the Lakers making the playoffs. Because admitting anything positive may mean you'd have to admit that they may have made a good decision as far as the organization goes.

You refuse to do this because the organization didn't do what YOU wanted so you're going to be pessimistic toward any level of success and chastise any poster for a gleam of hope they may show while the team struggles and talk as if you know more about it than they do when in reality no one does. Not you nor them. But you shall keep your one glimmer of hope at "I'd love to be wrong" so that if and WHEN the team has success, you can then say that you never "FULLY" gave up hope although you came close and that shall be your grace.

So I'll be bold and say you're going to be wrong. And we shall see who is right when the playoffs get here and shall live with any result whether I'm right or wrong.

But like I said then, you'll get over it. :)

Edited by Majesty, January 02, 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#418 fido

fido

• 10,926 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:22 AM

You keep prodding at the same tired coaching point. Time to find a new non-argument. Am I supposed to be insulted by thinking Jackson or Sloan is a better choice than D'Antoni? I think you're on an island by yourself on that one.

Your condescending sarcasm isn't either funny or helpful to anyone. This "rough patch for you" line is a spineless stab at me, and its not appreciated. Rebut my points with valid counterpoints, not misquotes, sarcasm and insults. You and all of us will be better off for it.

I don't recall ever saying that Duhon and Morris are better pick and roll point guards. You're now officially pulling non-existent statements and points out of nowhere. You're putting quotes around something I never said. Your circular points and roundabout way of answering questions with questions is weak and your arguments hold very little, if any, water. However, putting words in my mouth or quoting things as if I said them is just the pits of argumentative desperation.

It's one thing if you quote me correctly, I'm fine with that. I never claim to be 100% right all the time. What I do speak / type from is 30+ years of basketball knowledge and experience. Am I flawless? No, not at all. Neither are you.

If you feel a need to portray me as something I'm not to others on this board in order to prove a point of yours, I won't stand for that.

Back to the topic now, thanks.

#419 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,191 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:25 AM

You keep prodding at the same tired coaching point. Time to find a new non-argument. Am I supposed to be insulted by thinking Jackson or Sloan is a better choice than D'Antoni? I think you're on an island by yourself on that one.

Your condescending sarcasm isn't either funny or helpful to anyone. This "rough patch for you" line is a spineless stab at me, and its not appreciated. Rebut my points with valid counterpoints, not misquotes, sarcasm and insults. You and all of us will be better off for it.

I don't recall ever saying that Duhon and Morris are better pick and roll point guards. You're now officially pulling non-existent statements and points out of nowhere. You're putting quotes around something I never said. Your circular points and answering questions with questions postulates are weak by nature and your arguments hold very little, if any, water, but putting words in my mouth or quoting things as if I said them is just the pits of argumentative desperation.

No, as a fan, and you should re-read what I said as I made sure I went back and spelled out everything more clearly so I wouldn't across a certain way or condensending to you. :)

The thing is, if you're going to criticize people for saying that Blake is the better backup option than Duhon or Morris.

I would like to hear your argument as to why, they are the same, or better pick and roll point guards than him.

As in why he wouldn't run the offense any differently or make a difference :)

The fact that you act like it's stupid for a fan to see any gleam of hope in Blake returning would possibly mean that you don't think that he would improve anything for the team.
Otherwise why would you react in such a way to someone who says it?

Obviously you disagree.

So I would like to hear why you think Morris and Duhon are the same, or better pick and roll guards than him since that is the difference we base that he'd make.

get what I'm saying?

Edited by Majesty, January 02, 2013 - 01:27 AM.

#420 fido

fido

• 10,926 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:26 AM

I NEVER said he was a better back-up, my god.

Please, read my posts!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users