Photo

Mike D'Antoni going with the 8 man rotation (Hill odd man out)

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,439 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:15 AM

Last 2 games Hill has seen very little time. What it seems is that Mike D'Antoni is going with a 8 man rotation. I think Stu was pointing it out during the game as well. Problem is hill seems to be the odd man out with this rotation. Hill is a real energy booster and gets lots of rebounds(allot offensive) and can put up 10 points once and a while. Idk if this will be a common thing just seems odd especillialy when gasol was playing horrible against the Grizzlies and he was benched the whole 4th hill never saw time.

I do know him and Mike D'Antoni have had a bad past hope this isnt resurrecting.

Also I know hill got 10 mins tonight which isnt bad(usually gets at least 15) but allot of that was because of garbage time at the end.

Edited by bigfetz, November 25, 2012 - 03:19 AM.

#2 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,942 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:26 AM

New coach

Same old Mike...

#3 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,802 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:26 AM

Whether Hill is playing or not, if the end result are wins and less playing time specifically for Kobe and Nash, then i'm all for an 8-man rotation.

It's early in the season, MD is 3 games into being our head coach, and our team is down 2 players, i think it might be a little to early to tell if this rotation is set in stone.

2div

#4 lildvl10

lildvl10

Rookie

• 1,008 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:28 AM

a lot of it is because jamison can play the 4 and at the same time being more productive off the bench, but i think when comes back, he'll PT wil go up since he'll be able to produce more offensively/defensively at the same time

#5 lildvl10

lildvl10

Rookie

• 1,008 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:29 AM

i mean when *nash* comes back, hill will get more PT, but for jamison, his PT Will be consistent as long as he keeps scoring 10 plus points a game.

#6 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,942 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:33 AM

im glad jameson is getting mins at the 4 (he cannot play the SF spot, mike brown IS a moron)

But, hill need mins as well....

I hope the lakers CUT sacre, he has no purpose on this team....

#7 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,417 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:38 AM

D'antoni should not let his past BS interfere with the best Role Player we have in J Hill. Similar crap happened in NY and we see how that worked out. Also, an 8 man rotation won't work with a bunch of old guys running full speed up and down the court. If he cant figure out how to keep Pau, Kobe, Nash and MWP down to about 33 to 36 minutes per game we are in deep trouble

#8 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,439 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:38 AM

im glad jameson is getting mins at the 4 (he cannot play the SF spot, mike brown IS a moron)

what does cutting sacre do

#9 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,768 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:44 AM

I keep hearing about this rift between Hill & D'Antoni from their time in NY together, I apparently was oblivious to that when it was going on though. What exactly happened that causes Mike to bench him?

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#10 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,942 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:47 AM

what does cutting sacre do

Opens up a roster space

Allowing the lakers to trade One player (pau gasol) and take back two players (Josh Smith and Kyle Korver) for example

It would also allow the lakers to sign a NEW player...

Why not try out a player on a 10 day contract?
See if CDR can play...
Give Iverson a 10 day contract...

It would just give the lakers flexability...
Pau-Dwight-Hill-Jameson...
Thats all we need at the low post...
Play Metta spot mins at the 4 if need be...

I think Sacre is a waste of a roster spot... He earned it in the preseason, but, he has no shot of contributing this season to a NBA title.

#11 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,417 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:50 AM

I wouldn't cut Sacre. Its a size and potential for the money type of thing. I don't think he even makes half a mil. Nice to have a big strong guy for D12 and Pau to practice against.(Legit 7 footer at 260lbs.) Not to mention you don't have to obligate minutes to him. He's just happy to be in the league. A work in progress like Bynum was. Not saying he will be as good as AB but at least his health history is clean

#12 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,417 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:57 AM

I keep hearing about this rift between Hill & D'Antoni from their time in NY together, I apparently was oblivious to that when it was going on though. What exactly happened that causes Mike to bench him?

I don't know but another coach is easy to find, another GREAT role player with size at 3 mil per year is VERY hard to find

#13 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,948 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 25, 2012 - 04:21 AM

We actually ran a nice rotation with Howard/Hill earlier

We ran

Meeks
Kobe
MWP
Hill
Howard

That was our group that went on the 7-0 run which was sparked by Jodie's three off a Hill rebound.

I don't think Hill is as "odd man out" as people seem to think. D'antoni was just using the lineup that worked.

Jamison can play the 3 and the 4 and even said so tonight when he plays the 3 he's gonna take advantage of the mismatches and then he'll stretch the floor as a 4 so he CAN be effective from both now that he actually knows HIS ROLE and plays like it :)

So now all that needs to follow is the rotations in which D'antoni plays Hill and who he plays him with. If Hill's jumper does become consistent he could find more minutes but I think ultimately it depends on the matchups.

Our bench scored 42 points after a night of scoring 30+ points. These are GREAT signs for us. So I say if D'antoni finds rotations that our bench scores off of then we use them, if the lineup has Hill in it at the time that's GREAT!! if he runs a different lineup with Hill even for a few minutes GREAT! As long as our bench is putting up those type of numbers I'll let D'antoni do what he does.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#14 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 25, 2012 - 04:36 AM

Hill only comes at garbage time it seems he gets little to no minutes on the floor. He either ends the quarters or comes in at the end of the game these past games.
Posted Image

#15 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,462 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 25, 2012 - 06:45 AM

well if we get a good player for him then trade him as long as he is valuable but of course i would rather keep him, cause i like him.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#16 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,283 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 07:15 AM

We ran

Meeks
Kobe
MWP
Hill
Howard

That was our group that went on the 7-0 run which was sparked by Jodie's three off a Hill rebound.

I don't think Hill is as "odd man out" as people seem to think. D'antoni was just using the lineup that worked.

Jamison can play the 3 and the 4 and even said so tonight when he plays the 3 he's gonna take advantage of the mismatches and then he'll stretch the floor as a 4 so he CAN be effective from both now that he actually knows HIS ROLE and plays like it :)

So now all that needs to follow is the rotations in which D'antoni plays Hill and who he plays him with. If Hill's jumper does become consistent he could find more minutes but I think ultimately it depends on the matchups.

Our bench scored 42 points after a night of scoring 30+ points. These are GREAT signs for us. So I say if D'antoni finds rotations that our bench scores off of then we use them, if the lineup has Hill in it at the time that's GREAT!! if he runs a different lineup with Hill even for a few minutes GREAT! As long as our bench is putting up those type of numbers I'll let D'antoni do what he does.

We ran

Meeks
Kobe
MWP
Hill
Howard

I was also liking this line up. Also
Howard, Pau, Jamison.

#17 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 25, 2012 - 10:18 AM

I wouldn't mind Hill playing some backup 5, especially if Gasol is sucking out there as usual. That way, Jamison still gets time at backup PF as well.

#18 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,445 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted November 25, 2012 - 10:27 AM

He should put Ebanks... yes he was stupid,

As for Hill, he's expendable -_-

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#19 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 806 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA

Posted November 25, 2012 - 10:32 AM

I wouldn't mind Hill playing some backup 5, especially if Gasol is sucking out there as usual. That way, Jamison still gets time at backup PF as well.

I was just going to suggest that. Hill should do backup 5. Dwight seems to the entire 4th. How about some Hill relief? I personally prefer Hill @5 than Gasol. He boxes out better and is a rebounding machine.

#20 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,706 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 25, 2012 - 10:38 AM

noooooo not the retarded rotations again. 8 man team? we're gonna get worn out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users