12 replies to this topic

#1 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:43 AM

There is going to be a ridiculous number of Unrestricted Free Agents available in 2014. Assuming Kobe, Pau and MWP shut it down and assuming we keep D12, who are some of your picks for our team for 14/15?? i.e. Tyreke Evans. Great player who will definately not get the MAX. yreke Evans yreke Evans

Edited by lakersince75, November 25, 2012 - 03:01 AM.

#2 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,850 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:51 AM

My 2014 NBA FA Wish List

(listed by position, but in no particular order of preference)

PG: Kyrie Irving, Ricky Rubio

SG: Monta Ellis, Paul George, Klay Thompson

SF: LBJ, Melo, Rudy Gay, Kawhi Leonard, MKD, Michael Beasley

PF: Anthony Davis, Faried, Favors, Thomas Robinson, Carl Landry, Tristan Thompson

C (to back up Dwight): Kevin Seraphin, Okafor

2div

#3 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:01 AM

My 2014 NBA FA Wish List

(listed by position, but in no particular order of preference)

PG: Kyrie Irving, Ricky Rubio

SG: Monta Ellis, Paul George, Klay Thompson

SF: LBJ, Melo, Rudy Gay, Kawhi Leonard, MKD, Michael Beasley

PF: Anthony Davis, Faried, Favors, Thomas Robinson, Carl Landry, Tristan Thompson

C (to back up Dwight): Kevin Seraphin, Okafor

Damn!!! LOL I don't think they are all UFA's in 2014??? Not too sure if Mr Buss's pockets could handle it anyway. Nice list though

#4 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,850 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:05 AM

ahh you're right hahah

grabbed the list from here: http://www.hoopsworl...ba-free-agents/

but if kobe, pau, and mwp are all off the books (in the situation you present), chances of us being able to sign 2 of those big name players would be huge!

2div

#5 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,718 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 25, 2012 - 10:37 AM

We'd be lucky to get even one star

#6 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,767 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted November 25, 2012 - 03:48 PM

I wouldnt be shocked if Lakers sign a star or even 2 in 2014 summer. if we resign kobe, howard, pau and nash in his last year. we would still have more room to add another star. I would go for Paul George

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#7 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 04:27 AM

^^^^News Flash!! Only Dwight and Nash will be left. And thats if Nash doesn't retire. Kobe's knee and finger won't allow him to play at HIS level for more than two years from now and Kobe won't go out like an average sucker. Not to mention he will have 6 rings and passed Jordan in most categories. I don't think we need a bunch of stars. I'd take Five 10 million dollar pe year guys than two 25 million per year guys and a bunch of SCRUBS (especially if the contracts weren't long)

Edited by lakersince75, November 26, 2012 - 04:33 AM.

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 26, 2012 - 05:03 AM

^^^^News Flash!! Only Dwight and Nash will be left. And thats if Nash doesn't retire. Kobe's knee and finger won't allow him to play at HIS level for more than two years from now and Kobe won't go out like an average sucker. Not to mention he will have 6 rings and passed Jordan in most categories. I don't think we need a bunch of stars. I'd take Five 10 million dollar pe year guys than two 25 million per year guys and a bunch of SCRUBS (especially if the contracts weren't long)

Dont agree. I know he is saying that he wants to retire, but i really dont see Kobe walking off at that point. Not with the options available in LA. Think about it, he wants to go down as one of the best ever and he has an opportunity to add points and rings to his resume by staying around for another run.
In 2014, the Lakers have 30 million in cap space and could potentially sign Kyle Lowry and Igoudala as well as an additional allstar, while perhaps re-signing both Pau AND Kobe. At this point both the Heat and OKC are a bit older, Spurs and Mavs are almost dead, and perhaps only the Clips are any good.

#9 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 07:54 AM

^The Lakers don't TRULY want Pau now, why would they want him in two years?? :laughing: I don't think Kobe will have a choice. I don't think his body will allow it to happen (especially at the 2 guard) As far as point total, it won't matter; LeBron will more than likely break everyones record other than Karl Malone and Kareem. And will Kobe's ego allow him to take a much much smaller salary?? He's already said he doesn't want to go out like scoring 15 or 18 ppg. With all of that combined I can't see him playing at 36-37-38 years of age. With that being said I would look at:

Tyreke Evans, Rodney Stucky or Monta Ellis ( one of them for a 2 or combo guard)
Jeff Teague or Sessions (back up PG)
Danny Granger or Iggy (SF)

The following year I would look at John Wall or LaMarcus Aldridge

Most of these guys should not expect max dollars and fly under the radar. Most won't have a superstar conflict with D12 and they get to spend a year with Nash pending he doesn't retire. I'm in no way saying get them all, just my thoughts on who I think are good options

#10 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 27, 2012 - 10:48 AM

^The Lakers don't TRULY want Pau now, Yes they do. He is just too expensive and they cant really find equal value in a trade. why would they want him in two years??Because he can sign a much smaller deal, while staying in LA :laughing: I don't think Kobe will have a choice. I don't think his body will allow it to happen (especially at the 2 guard) Kobe can play as long as he wants to play, especially if he is playing on a team where he can pick his spots. Reggie Miller played until he was 39. Nash is 38 and playing. Kidd is 40 and is playing at close to an MVP level in NY. As far as point total, it won't matter; LeBron will more than likely break everyones record other than Karl Malone and Kareem. Bull[expletive]! LBJs game is largely based on his insane strength, speed and luck (never injured). Once these things go, his production will decline. I'd be more afraid of Durant beating the scoring record. And will Kobe's ego allow him to take a much much smaller salary?? If Kobe had a shot at a couple of championships, i think he'd consider it. He's already said he doesn't want to go out like scoring 15 or 18 ppg. Kobe can get 20 points in his sleep as well as when he is in his later 30s. will never With all of that combined I can't see him playing at 36-37-38 years of age. With that being said I would look at:

Tyreke Evans, Rodney Stucky or Monta Ellis ( one of them for a 2 or combo guard)
Jeff Teague or Sessions (back up PG)
Danny Granger or Iggy (SF)

The following year I would look at John Wall or LaMarcus Aldridge

Most of these guys should not expect max dollars and fly under the radar. Most won't have a superstar conflict with D12 and they get to spend a year with Nash pending he doesn't retire. I'm in no way saying get them all, just my thoughts on who I think are good options

In addition to my comments, I'll make a few predictions:
Lakers win the 2012/13 and 2013/14 finals.
In the summer of 2014 only 2-4 players will be on the roster - Dwight Howard, Steve Nash and perhaps a couple of mini-midlevel or veteran guys.
The Lakers sign 2-3 FAs - a solid PG, a 3 and a 4 (perhaps Kyle Lowry, Igoudala and Millsap).
Mitch then call Kobe and say: "Hey Kobe, do you want to be a part of yet another championship run?".
Kobe then says: "Ok" and signs a KG/Duncan type of deal.
Mitch then call Pau, who is only 34, and say: "Hey Pau, why not sign an extension here"
Pau says: "Ok" and signs a Ray Allen type of deal.
The Lakers then go on the court with this lineup:
PG Lowry / Nash
SG Kobe
SF Iggy
PF Millsap
C Howard / Pau
Lakers go on to win two more titles.
Kobe retire at age 39, with 9 titles and the all-time scoring record.

#11 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:10 AM

Klay? Im high on him

Edited by Hollywood, November 27, 2012 - 11:10 AM.

Posted Image

#12 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,447 posts

Posted December 06, 2012 - 04:12 AM

I hope we do prepare for the future instead of the rebuilding crap. There will really be a huge number of guys who we will have money for. I think a second SUPERstar is all thats necessary however very good players and good role players will be best. Look at OKC, Spurs and Miami. Remember, there are few TRUE SUPERstars in the NBA. Stars and Allstars yes, but SUPERstars, very few

#13 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 06, 2012 - 11:05 AM

I want Durant or Kevin Love.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users