#22 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 25, 2012 - 05:29 PM

Give Kobe the ball more? We want him off the ball more so he can do what he naturally does. Kobe isn't a PG and he's got the ball too much right now as it is while Nash is out. Plus the bench has been playing a lot better the past couple of games and they are starting to understand what roles they have and what they need to do to make an impact. Morris will do just fine being on the bench.

Edited by haztronic, November 25, 2012 - 05:30 PM.

DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#23 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 25, 2012 - 05:44 PM

No just no.
htCCl0m.png

#24 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 26, 2012 - 05:07 AM

Still better than most of the threads recently ..

Nash off the bench ? Here's a few reasons why this most likely won't happen:

1. We want to see some Nash/Howard PnR, right ?. Nash being on the bench and not being on the court with Dwight won't help the cause ..
2. Nash can't play a lot of minutes and can't run with speedy guards and most backup PGs in the league are young, athletic and will make Steve looks like trash on D.
3. Nash is superstar, future hall of famer and probably a top 5 PG all-time. He has a huge ego like every other superstar, all time great etc. He won't like being bench no matter how strong of a case you make. This will destroy our chemistry.

@llex, welcome to LN. Don't listen to these guys .. Some of them make a lot worse threads than this ;)

Edited by Saber, November 26, 2012 - 05:08 AM.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#25 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 691 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted November 26, 2012 - 06:08 AM

Guys, what if we had Dwight AND Nash off the bench. That would solve our bench problems right? That would automatically make us score at least 30 off the bench a game and solve our biggest issue, bench points!

/sarcasm
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#26 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 26, 2012 - 06:43 AM

Nash just needs to get back to 100%. Kobe waiting for Nash so he doesnt have to continue to waste all his time & energy getting every1 involved being the PG. Kobe needs some time at SG only hurry up Nash!
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#27 McRevis

McRevis

Rookie

• 39 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 26, 2012 - 09:39 AM

Strong first post

#28 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,112 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 26, 2012 - 10:16 AM

Great way to start your first post by posting a stupid thread like this. Nash coming off the bench? Are you kidding me? First of all even if it might be good to have a hall of famer coming off the bench, we don't spend that kind of trades and money for a guy coming off the bench. Secondly, you think MDT will let Nash coming off the bench? Wow. It is obvious you dont know anything about basketball.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#29 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,112 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 26, 2012 - 10:18 AM

I say we should have Kobe coming off the bench too. IMagine nash and Kobe coming off the bench. We will have the best bench mob in the league.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#30 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 26, 2012 - 12:12 PM

That's enough, guys.

Nash didn't exactly leave a great first impression before his injury. He shot a combined 33% in those first two regular season games, didn't score much in the preseason (like he should have, because he was open quite a bit, only notched one double-digit scoring game in all 10 he has played this year), and played horrible defense against Collison and Lillard.

People are suggesting we bring Gasol off the bench for Jamison (who has done nothing, with the exception of the last two games), in order to strengthen our bench play.

The idea applies here as well, although it's a bit more radical. He's not suggesting that we bring Kobe or Dwight off the bench. Both are proven superstars who are young enough, and healthy enough, to lead a team to a championship. Nash is 39 years old, injured (as of now), and would do well with a struggling bench, much like he did with the players he had in Phoenix over the last couple of seasons.

I don't like the idea, and most won't, but there's no point in blasting a brand new poster for reaching outside of the box, especially in the manner some of you are doing it. I could most definitely go back and find some of your older posts (a lot of you) and wonder how much you had to drink when you were typing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users