250 replies to this topic

#161 CYLakers

CYLakers

Rookie

• 31 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:05 AM

An average center results in a average record. 7 and 7 is the only numbers I need to see. If he were as great as you say, maybe he needs to be a part of a team over .500 before he gets so much love. 7 and 7 is average, and Dwight is the starting center for a team that has this average record. He needs to be better than average before you put his name in the conversation with Shaq. You can love the dude all you want, but the record is what it is and until it changes, he will just be average to me...

You cant blame one person for a collective bad showing neither on offence and especially on defence. The 7-7 record is a reason for the entire team to be blamed. The team plays averege basketball and has an avereage record.

He can improve and he will but he will still be only a part of the equation.
The connection between Detroit and the Lakers franchise and the countability of its success on NBA terms

http://lakerspao.blo...etroit-and.html

(if the rest of my blog entries seem "greek" to you is because they are :cool2: )

#162 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:08 AM

An average center results in a average record. 7 and 7 is the only numbers I need to see. If he were as great as you say, maybe he needs to be a part of a team over .500 before he gets so much love. 7 and 7 is average, and Dwight is the starting center for a team that has this average record. He needs to be better than average before you put his name in the conversation with Shaq. You can love the dude all you want, but the record is what it is and until it changes, he will just be average to me... Next...

So you can't answer Real Deal's simple question then, got it... :laughing:

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#163 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:09 AM

You cant blame one person for a collective bad showing neither on offence and especially on defence. The 7-7 record is a reason for the entire team to be blamed. The team plays averege basketball and has an avereage record.

He can improve and he will but he will still be only a part of the equation.

That's not what I heard last year when Howard wasn't our center. It was all the centers fault. Let's get rid of Bynum and get the great Howard and everything will be great. What a crock. If anything we are worse than last year. The record speaks for itself. When Drew played we lost in the end because of him. Now that we have Howard it's not the centers fault. Which is it? Was it Bynums fault last year or was it collective? You all can't have it both ways....

Edited by lakerfandude, November 25, 2012 - 12:10 AM.

#164 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,746 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:11 AM

Posted Image

2div

#165 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:12 AM

So you can't answer Real Deal's simple question then, got it... :laughing:

I answered it. Real Deal hasn't answered my question. What's with the average record of 7 and 7 when we have such a stud in Howard? Is he the answer or isn't he?

Edited by lakerfandude, November 25, 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#166 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:12 AM

An average center results in a average record. 7 and 7 is the only numbers I need to see. If he were as great as you say, maybe he needs to be a part of a team over .500 before he gets so much love. 7 and 7 is average, and Dwight is the starting center for a team that has this average record. He needs to be better than average before you put his name in the conversation with Shaq. You can love the dude all you want, but the record is what it is and until it changes, he will just be average to me... Next...

So Kobe was an average guard back in his ultimate prime? Back in 2005, 2006, and 2007? He was average when he dropped 81 points? Clarify.

Was Dwight Howard average when he led his Magic to the 2009 NBA Finals? Was he average when he led them to four consecutive 50+ win seasons, and two consecutive 59-win seasons?

Just curious to know what "average" means to you. Watch your step...it's a loaded question.

#167 androsays

androsays

• 4,746 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:13 AM

That's not what I heard last year when Howard wasn't our center. It was all the centers fault. Let's get rid of Bynum and get the great Howard and everything will be great. What a crock. If anything we are worse than last year. The record speaks for itself. When Drew played we lost in the end because of him. Now that we have Howard it's not the centers fault. Which is it? Was it Bynums fault last year or was it collective? You all can't have it both ways....

are you kidding me? do you even talk to Laker fans on the real?

kobe had crucial turnovers in our loss to OKC. Pau was NOT producing. Our bench [expletive]ing STANK. Ramon Sessions was in over his head.

thats the reason we lost. Bynum played a part too, but to say assume all Laker fans placed the blame on Bynum is ridiculous!

2div

#168 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:14 AM

Posted Image

Here we go again with pictures and puns but no evidence. You are the same as the rest. Nothing to say...

#169 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:14 AM

It wasn't Drew's fault, it was the offense being built around him. The offense should not have been built around a second option like Drew, one that could not pass out of the post. This was repeated over and over again.

By the way, that SAME EXACT offense we used last season...was the one Stan Van Gundy has ran in Orlando for years, specifically for that guy by the name of Dwight Howard.

#170 androsays

androsays

• 4,746 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:16 AM

Here we go again with pictures and puns but no evidence. You are the same as the rest. Nothing to say...

haha i've been posting [expletive], but it must be hard to read with Bynum's nutsack in your face

Edited by androsays, November 25, 2012 - 12:17 AM.

2div

#171 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:21 AM

So Kobe was an average guard back in his ultimate prime? Back in 2005, 2006, and 2007? He was average when he dropped 81 points? Clarify.

Was Dwight Howard average when he led his Magic to the 2009 NBA Finals? Was he average when he led them to four consecutive 50+ win seasons, and two consecutive 59-win seasons?

Just curious to know what "average" means to you. Watch your step...it's a loaded question.

He's a great center on an average team, and he's an average center on a great team. This is the Lakers, not the Magic. The Lakers are the cream of the crop. Kobe didn't have All stars playing with him during that period, he had less talent to play with. Howard has Kobe, he has Gasol, the same players Bynum had. Why is this team now just anaverage 7 and 7, actually this record is less than average but I'm being kind, with the only main change being the center? "Watch your step"

Edited by lakerfandude, November 25, 2012 - 12:25 AM.

#172 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,692 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:24 AM

Why is this team now just average 7 and 7

pau

#173 androsays

androsays

• 4,746 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:25 AM

the only main change being the center? how about 2 new head coaches? 2 new offensive schemes?

have you ever played organized sports? have you ever even played a pick-up game of basketball? do you know how hard it is to get chemistry with people you've hardly ever played with? now translate that to professional sports. my guess is that it's much harder then playing in amatuer adult basketball leagues.

2div

#174 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:25 AM

He's a great center on an average team, and he's an average center on a great team This is the Lakers, not the Magic. The Lakers are the cream of the crop. Kobe didn't have All stars playing with him during that period, he had less talent to play with. Howard has Kobe, he has Gasol, the same players Bynum had. Why is this team now just average 7 and 7, actually this record is less than average but I'm being kind, with the only main change being the center?

Ah, so you went with Option C: avoiding everything.

Why are we 7-7 right now? Why did the 2011 EC Champs and NBA Finals team, the Miami Heat, go 9-9 to start their season? Was LeBron James an average player? Answer me that, and then I'll answer that last question of yours, relating it to both the Heat and Lakers (you should know, but I'll give you the chance to make sense of it all).

#175 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:32 AM

Ah, so you went with Option C: avoiding everything.

Why are we 7-7 right now? Why did the 2011 EC Champs and NBA Finals team, the Miami Heat, go 9-9 to start their season? Was LeBron James an average player? Answer me that, and then I'll answer that last question of yours, relating it to both the Heat and Lakers (you should know, but I'll give you the chance to make sense of it all).

Their slate has been written. The Lakers slate has not. You can't compare, like most seem to do, one team from another. Howard is not LeBron. He is not even close to the caliber of player that James is. If you think Howard will duplicate what LeBron did for the Heat, you are going to be sadly disappointed. It's comparing apples to oranges. Your end result is a fantasy. It's not gonna happen.

#176 androsays

androsays

• 4,746 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:33 AM

u would be a good politician my friend

and for your information, you can compare one team to another.

for example: last year's lakers were not nearly as good as last year's heat as evidenced by the heat winning the NBA championship.

see how easy that was!

Edited by androsays, November 25, 2012 - 12:34 AM.

2div

#177 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:38 AM

u would be a good politician my friend

and for your information, you can compare one team to another.

for example: last year's lakers were not nearly as good as last year's heat as evidenced by the heat winning the NBA championship.

see how easy that was!

That's just a hopeful guess. It doesn't always work for one team as it does for another. I applaud you guys for it, but it's just a wishful dream. What makes you think we will duplicate the Heat? Just because we added Howard? It's a good conversation piece, but in reality it means nothing... Dwight doesn't and will never equal what LeBron can bring to a team. It's wishful thinking my friend. It would be nice if history repeats itself, but it is rarely the case.

P.S. i hope you are right, but I don't put my hopes on what another team has done, I live in reality.

Edited by lakerfandude, November 25, 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#178 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,692 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:40 AM

Posted Image

#179 androsays

androsays

• 4,746 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:42 AM

what the [expletive] are you talking about?

a hopeful guess?

the heat won the NBA championship last year. the lakers were knocked out in the 2nd round by the Western Conference Finalists (who lost to the heat). that means the heat were better then the lakers. where's the guessing in that?

and when did i ever say we're tryna duplicate the heat? because we're trying to win a ring? then doesn't that mean the heat were trying (and succeeded) in imitating the lakers of 08/09 and 09/10?

haha, you say the darndest things!

2div

#180 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,806 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:42 AM

i think this guy is arguing just for the sake of arguing

13z8pc6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users