#101 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,798 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:09 PM

Yeah, Dwight had no presence on defense at all. So Stu Lantz, Robert Horry and James Worthy were all just watching something else, right? It's not like he changed a countless number of shots tonight, put multiple Mavs in foul trouble, AND was active all throughout the paint.

You're seriously complaining about Dwight's board totals while pointing out the fact that Jamison was the one snatching up all the boards. Only one guy can grab any given rebound. Guess who Jamison was playing alongside for roughly half the game? I bet if Dwight has a 20/20 game with multiple blocks you'd still find something to complain about. It's becoming clearer with each post that you have zero objectivity when it comes to Dwight Howard.

I'm sorry your boy Bynum is busy rehabbing from a bowling accident, but trying to brush aside Dwight's contributions and not acknowledging his impact defensively is further destroying what little credibility you had left. Seriously, I'm not sure you even watch the games with how terrible your arguments have been.

#102 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,670 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:10 PM

are u even watching the same [expletive]in game as the rest of us? haha

nope he bases everything on stats. doesn't even watch games and argues bynum is better

#103 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:10 PM

Dwight had a monster defensive game. He altered so many shots and got a couple blocks and steals. This allowed Jamison to have his 15 rebounds. He put up 15 points. He stilled ended up with around 7 rebounds. There is nothing wrong with Dwight Howard. He may not be 100% but he still makes a big difference. Andrew Bynum is nothing compared to Dwight Howard defensively.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#104 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:13 PM

Dallas is 4th in the league in scoring at almost 102 a game and shoot 46% from the field. Tonight 37% from the field, 89 points and they were shooting 31% midway thru the 3rd Q when we were up 37 I think. We held them to 38 points tonight. This is a good offensive team and we locked them down

Dwight was a big reason why. 5 steals. So many altered shots and guys were intimidated

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#105 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:26 PM

what's wrong with dwight?

now you know :bleh:

33bkfif.jpg

#106 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:27 PM

The problem with Dwight is that he has no game in the low block. Pau's moves by comparison completely put him to shame. Dwight's the better pure athlete and defender obviously, but when it comes to skills Pau is a class apart. So is Kobe actually.
Posted Image

#107 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,463 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:32 PM

The problem with Dwight is that he has no game in the low block. Pau's moves by comparison completely put him to shame. Dwight's the better pure athlete and defender obviously, but when it comes to skills Pau is a class apart. So is Kobe actually.

Pau is more skilled in the low block but to say Dwight has no in the low block is ridiculous.

#108 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:37 PM

Dwight had a monster defensive game. He altered so many shots and got a couple blocks and steals. This allowed Jamison to have his 15 rebounds. He put up 15 points. He stilled ended up with around 7 rebounds. There is nothing wrong with Dwight Howard. He may not be 100% but he still makes a big difference. Andrew Bynum is nothing compared to Dwight Howard defensively.

Lol. BTW I don't hate Howard. He's a great player. I just don't see that he's such an awesome upgrade over Bynum and that's been my point all along. Bynum never altered shots, lol? If Drew had 3 subpar games like this he would get crucified for his stats. When Howard does, then he's the reason for others having nice stats. It's amazing to me and funny at the same time.

#109 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:39 PM

Dwight still scores in the low block...but a lot of it is garbageman stuff. When he has to actually create his own shot...he struggles greatly. The large number of sorry shots he threw up tonight is a good example of this....he was trying to channel Duncan with all those bank shots...but it was sad to watch.

His best move is that swing hook across the lane, but it's very well scouted/anticipated by most of his defenders and he turns it over in drives whenever he goes to it.

He needs to go big man camp in the worst way...maybe they can get Kareem to work with. Heck, maybe Pau can work with him, because he could learn a lot from Pau.
Posted Image

#110 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:40 PM

Yeah, Dwight had no presence on defense at all. So Stu Lantz, Robert Horry and James Worthy were all just watching something else, right? It's not like he changed a countless number of shots tonight, put multiple Mavs in foul trouble, AND was active all throughout the paint.

You're seriously complaining about Dwight's board totals while pointing out the fact that Jamison was the one snatching up all the boards. Only one guy can grab any given rebound. Guess who Jamison was playing alongside for roughly half the game? I bet if Dwight has a 20/20 game with multiple blocks you'd still find something to complain about. It's becoming clearer with each post that you have zero objectivity when it comes to Dwight Howard.

I'm sorry your boy Bynum is busy rehabbing from a bowling accident, but trying to brush aside Dwight's contributions and not acknowledging his impact defensively is further destroying what little credibility you had left. Seriously, I'm not sure you even watch the games with how terrible your arguments have been.

These were the things I was saying when Pau and Lamar had a lot of boards in certain games and Bynum didn't have as many, except when it happened to him he didn't try hard, and when it's Howard it's because there are other re bounders on the team. Give me a break. hypocrisy at it's finest, lol... Sigh...

#111 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:41 PM

Dwight still scores in the low block...but a lot of it is garbageman stuff. When he has to actually create his own shot...he struggles greatly. The large number of sorry shots he threw up tonight is a good example of this....he was trying to channel Duncan with all those bank shots...but it was sad to watch.

His best move is that swing hook across the lane, but it's very well scouted/anticipated by most of his defenders and he turns it over in drives whenever he goes to it.

He needs to go big man camp in the worst way...maybe they can get Kareem to work with. Heck, maybe Pau can work with him, because he could learn a lot from Pau.

Bingo. Great post dude..

#112 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,737 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:44 PM

bynum did alter shots. did he do it consistently? no.

speaking of consistency on the defensive end, try 3 straight defensive player of the year awards. 3. in a row.

only Ben Wallace has more (with 4). I still cringe when I hear Ben Wallace.

and u guys talk about offense like it's the only thing in the world. u ever hear the saying "defense wins championships?" i'm sure you have.

2div

#113 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:46 PM

bynum did alter shots. did he do it consistently? no.

speaking of consistency on the defensive end, try 3 straight defensive player of the year awards. 3. in a row.

only Ben Wallace has more (with 4). I still cringe when I hear Ben Wallace.

and u guys talk about offense like it's the only thing in the world. u ever hear the saying "defense wins championships?" i'm sure you have.

Yet Howard has yet to do so and Bynum has......

Edited by lakerfandude, November 24, 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#114 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,798 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:51 PM

Yeah, you completely missed the point. Rebounding wasn't an issue for us tonight. Dwight constantly gives help defensive effort and moves out of the paint to change shots all game long. Bynum wouldn't move two feet away from the basket on the defensive end. There's a stark contrast between having a mobile defensive anchor who covers 15 feet of the floor and one that wouldn't bother to rotate half the time. Naturally Bynum not gobbling up the rebounds is an issue when he was almost always within 5 feet of the basket.

But the rebounding isn't the big topic here, it's you completely disregarding Dwight's impact on the defensive end, brushing it off as the Mavericks missing open jumpers. That just reeks of ignorance, if not stupidity.

I really don't get what you are expecting from Howard offensively. He's not Duncan or Olajuwon on the low block, never will be, but he's still pretty damn effective. He fouled out Elton Brand and Chris Kaman tonight, kept the Mavericks in foul trouble all night long, and his mobility up an down the floor compromised the Dallas defense on multiple possessions. We don't need him to score 20 a night with feathery jump hooks.

All he needs to do is patrol the paint and be our anchor on the defensive end, which he did spectacularly tonight. 5 steals and 2 blocks were his recorded numbers in the boxscore. That's 7 changed possessions and he also impacted dozens of Mavericks attempts with his presence alone on the defensive end. He was amazing on that end tonight, saying that he wasn't a big factor is just straight ignorance.

#115 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,670 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:52 PM

lakerfandude, have you posted anything else on this forum NOT related to howard or bynum?

#116 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:54 PM

Yeah, you completely missed the point. Rebounding wasn't an issue for us tonight. Dwight constantly gives help defensive effort and moves out of the paint to change shots all game long. Bynum wouldn't move two feet away from the basket on the defensive end. There's a stark contrast between having a mobile defensive anchor who covers 15 feet of the floor and one that wouldn't bother to rotate half the time. Naturally Bynum not gobbling up the rebounds is an issue when he was almost always within 5 feet of the basket.

But the rebounding isn't the big topic here, it's you completely disregarding Dwight's impact on the defensive end, brushing it off as the Mavericks missing open jumpers. That just reeks of ignorance, if not stupidity.

I really don't get what you are expecting from Howard offensively. He's not Duncan or Olajuwon on the low block, never will be, but he's still pretty damn effective. He fouled out Elton Brand and Chris Kaman tonight, kept the Mavericks in foul trouble all night long, and his mobility up an down the floor compromised the Dallas defense on multiple possessions. We don't need him to score 20 a night with feathery jump hooks.

All he needs to do is patrol the paint and be our anchor on the defensive end, which he did spectacularly tonight. 5 steals and 2 blocks were his recorded numbers in the boxscore. That's 7 changed possessions and he also impacted dozens of Mavericks attempts with his presence alone on the defensive end. He was amazing on that end tonight, saying that he wasn't a big factor is just straight ignorance.

Give me a break. Bynum was constantly altering shots. That was his forte. Your comment is all good, but hypocritical.. If you are saying Drew didn't consistently alter offensive players shots, you are a liar...

#117 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:56 PM

lakerfandude, have you posted anything else on this forum NOT related to howard or bynum?

Yes I have. I commented just today on the Lakers bench thread. This is the topic that intrigues me the most though and that's where I debate the most...

#118 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,798 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 08:59 PM

Forte? I'm sorry, I didn't realize that we actually had a prime Ben Wallace the previous 7 years.

I'm starting to think Bynum might have re-injured his knee from you riding him so hard.

#119 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:02 PM

Forte? I'm sorry, I didn't realize that we actually had a prime Ben Wallace the previous 7 years.

I'm starting to think Bynum might have re-injured his knee from you riding him so hard.

You may be right lol. The truth is I actually like Dwight. The thing that turned me off a bit to him was the complete love for him and the complete hate of Bynum on this site as well as others. If it weren't for that, I would be just fine with him.

Edited by lakerfandude, November 24, 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#120 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,737 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 24, 2012 - 09:02 PM

haha do you even watch Laker games? Defense was Bynum's forte?

yeah, you just lost all credibility with me.

2div

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users