250 replies to this topic

#201 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:18 AM

I lose? I'm not the one bringing up other teams accolades and hoping we can duplicate. It's hard to win a championship. I never look at our team and think "well another team did it so why not us". If you are basing your facts on what another has done, you have already lost. Is that your theory? History will repeat itself? That's pretty weak dude. I love your posts, but this is a fantasy type leap..

I brought up more than just other teams' accolades, actually. I listed everything I brought up (actually, more).

You never answered the initial question, anyway. Who is better than Dwight?

Because, based on what you said (about current records), the best center in the East should be Chris Bosh, and the best center in the West is Marc Gasol.

And, simply put, that's all you are saying. Everything else is in my favor.

If records dictate who the best players at each position are, I'm sorry you feel that way...but you're wrong.

And before you go off and tell me that it only applies to the primary option (the franchise player), then you'd be telling me that Rudy Gay (on the best team in the NBA, the Grizzlies) is the best at his position and, ultimately, the best player in the league.

Until you give me something else, you're just telling us what you did last year, but leaving out the Bynum part (because if you don't leave out Bynum, you basically eliminate yourself from the convo without even trying).

No point in me bothering with it anymore. I suggest you ditch the topic. I've had two members PM me, calling you a troll...and if you aren't going to produce anything worth discussing, there's no point in trying to keep you around, and I'm sure the staff will get to you as fast as I could, by the time I get back online.

#202 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:21 AM

O.K what's this great question you are talking about? Ask it and i will answer it. I thought I already did but I guess you aren't satisfied. Give it to me..

No, you've dodged the question which has been asked of you twice now. Here it is for you to again avoid entirely:

Quoted from RD

What makes Dwight Howard average? Who in the NBA, at the center position, is better than Dwight Howard right now? In any NBA frontcourt, who is a better defender?

You've had at least 4 follow up posts in your exchange with RD, yet can't answer such a simple question. You say Howard is average, yet can't name one center better than him. Your argument is null & void...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#203 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,747 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:30 AM

What does him being a mod have to do with your argument? I don't get you, lol.. I'm sorry but I don't get what you just said. Please elaborate..

2div

#204 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:33 AM

I brought up more than just other teams' accolades, actually. I listed everything I brought up (actually, more).

You never answered the initial question, anyway. Who is better than Dwight?

Because, based on what you said (about current records), the best center in the East should be Chris Bosh, and the best center in the West is Marc Gasol.

And, simply put, that's all you are saying. Everything else is in my favor.

If records dictate who the best players at each position are, I'm sorry you feel that way...but you're wrong.

And before you go off and tell me that it only applies to the primary option (the franchise player), then you'd be telling me that Rudy Gay (on the best team in the NBA, the Grizzlies) is the best at his position and, ultimately, the best player in the league.

Until you give me something else, you're just telling us what you did last year, but leaving out the Bynum part (because if you don't leave out Bynum, you basically eliminate yourself from the convo without even trying).

No point in me bothering with it anymore. I suggest you ditch the topic. I've had two members PM me, calling you a troll...and if you aren't going to produce anything worth discussing, there's no point in trying to keep you around, and I'm sure the staff will get to you as fast as I could, by the time I get back online.

I guess I'm out numbered now. If I argue and disagree with a mod I'm a troll? What gives? I'm arguing merits that this thread was based on. The title of the thread is "What's wrong with Dwight". I've been answering this question and debating it as the question is written. Posters have been stating their opinion and I've been stating mine. If my argument doesn't jive with the majority then I'm trolling? I guess I need to walk on eggshells here if I want to continue being a member. I'm sorry guys. Let me change my stance then. Howard is the best and he is doing great. He's the best player I've ever seen. Go Dwight...

Do I really have to go there to post? I will if I have to. If the rules are we have to all have the same opinions then I give up. I will agree with whatever the majority agrees with from here on out. I'm lost for words. Please tell me what you guys want me to say and I will say it...

I'm out for tonight, I'm sorry if I rustled any feathers. Honestly... I'm not a troll, trust me...

Edited by lakerfandude, November 25, 2012 - 01:41 AM.

#205 androsays

androsays

• 4,747 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:42 AM

your 1st post in this topic:

Howard is just not as great as almost everybody here thought he was. He can't hold onto the ball, constantly getting it stripped, he can't handle pressure ie free throws, he isn't playing defense. I thought he was supposed to be the defensive stopper and do things that last years center wouldn't or couldn't do. I don't see it and I never thought I would. I'm not surprised.

I guess I'm out numbered now. If I argue and disagree with a mod I'm a troll? What gives? I'm arguing merits that this thread was based on. The title of the thread is "What's wrong with Dwight". I've been answering this question and debating it as the question is written. Posters have been stating their opinion and I've been stating mine. If my argument doesn't jive with the majority then I'm trolling? I guess I need to walk on eggshells here if I want to continue being a member. I'm sorry guys. Let me change my stance then. Howard is the best and he is doing great. He's the best player I've ever seen. Go Dwight...

Do I really have to go there to post? I will if I have to. If the rules are we have to all have the same opinions then I give up. I will agree with whatever the majority agrees with from here on out. I'm lost for words. Please tell me what you guys want me to say and I will say it...

see what i did there? if you don't, then you being a dumbass is no longer a joke, and it's progressed to becoming a serious problem.

u were the one who began the comparison between dwight and bynum. now you're saying that you've been debating your stance but all I - along with numerous other posters - see, is you tip-toeing your way around OUR argument to spur further arguments. this my friend, is the definition of trolling.

Edited by androsays, November 25, 2012 - 01:46 AM.

2div

#206 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:44 AM

The title of the thread is "What's wrong with Dwight". I've been answering this question and debating it as the question is written.

Question: What is wrong with Dwight?

Your answer: The Lakers are 7-7.

That's all you've said.

#207 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:49 AM

18 PPG (expected scoring when you're playing with another superstar and a PF that needs the ball)
11 RPG (expected rebounding alongside another seven-footer and decent rebounders at all positions)
60% FG (expected shooting percentage)
high defensive numbers, including allowed FG% and allowed PER that are higher than Chandler, KG, Duncan and LeBron

So here's your gripe: free throw percentage.

Well...I guess that's all you have to say. Dwight is a bad free throw shooter, and when you tack on that the Lakers are 7-7, he must be an average center. Ignore how that conflicts with many other teams and players in NBA history...only Dwight applies here, because otherwise, your argument is ridiculous.

Great job. Thanks for your contributions. Done?

#208 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:52 AM

your 1st post in this topic:

see what i did there? if you don't, then not you being a dumbass is no longer a joke, and it's progressed to becoming a serious problem.

u were the one who began the comparison between dwight and bynum. now you're saying that you've been debating your stance but all I - along with numerous other posters - see, is you tip-toeing your way around OUR argument to spur further arguments. this my friend, is the definition of trolling.

I didn't bring up Bynum on this thread until someone else did. I was critiquing Howard as per the request of this thread. In doing so, another poster brought up Bynum and I answered accordingly. I've said from the get go that this thread has nothing to do with Bynum yet posters kept bringing is name up. If you all bring his name up I will respond to it. I'm not worried, go back to where I 1st responded to this thread and you will see what I mean. Again, this thread is not about Drew, it's about Dwight. I've stuck to the title of this thread. Many haven't. Talk to them. They are the trolls, not me, lol...

#209 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:54 AM

ya'll need to relax. The real answer is New Coach, New System, Getting healthy and needs to get use to NOT being the #1 option. It will come. CHILL!!!

#210 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:59 AM

18 PPG (expected scoring when you're playing with another superstar and a PF that needs the ball)
11 RPG (expected rebounding alongside another seven-footer and decent rebounders at all positions)
60% FG (expected shooting percentage)
high defensive numbers, including allowed FG% and allowed PER that are higher than Chandler, KG, Duncan and LeBron

So here's your gripe: free throw percentage.

Well...I guess that's all you have to say. Dwight is a bad free throw shooter, and when you tack on that the Lakers are 7-7, he must be an average center. Ignore how that conflicts with many other teams and players in NBA history...only Dwight applies here, because otherwise, your argument is ridiculous.

Great job. Thanks for your contributions. Done?

I'll say my peace once more time and I will be "done". Dwight has not led us to a winning record no matter what his stats are. He was brought here to put us on top and I have yet to see him do this. It appears you all are satisfied with this record and his performance and I have no recourse but to accept your thoughts and opinions without getting blasted and threatened of being a troll, leading to a ban.. I want the Lakers to win a championship. That's why I watch the Lakers. In my opinion he hasn't led me to believe that this will happen. If he has shown you otherwise, that's your opinions. Good luck with this, but I'm not buying it. Now I'm "done".

Edited by lakerfandude, November 25, 2012 - 02:05 AM.

#211 androsays

androsays

• 4,747 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:59 AM

I didn't bring up Bynum on this thread until someone else did. I was critiquing Howard as per the request of this thread. In doing so, another poster brought up Bynum and I answered accordingly. I've said from the get go that this thread has nothing to do with Bynum yet posters kept bringing is name up. If you all bring his name up I will respond to it. I'm not worried, go back to where I 1st responded to this thread and you will see what I mean. Again, this thread is not about Drew, it's about Dwight. I've stuck to the title of this thread. Many haven't. Talk to them. They are the trolls, not me, lol...

the only mention about bynum prior to your original post (which i posted) was a TKain post. and if your literate enough to comprehend it, TKain's main topic in that post is about Pau. nothing about a bynum comparison. you were the first to throw it out.

here's the post. page 2.

Lakers won a champion ship with Pau outplaying dwight howard down in the lowpost in a Center battle.

Lakers won ANOTHER championship when, with Pau and Lamar being the 2 low post players, once AGAIN, with Pau being the center (no disrespect to bynum, WHO was big)

He has won 2 rings

He is proven
He leads his national team

Dantonie is a nobody who has won NOTHING compared to Pau Gasol.

Main point... Play Dwight less mins til he is 100% healthy, and give Gasol mins at the Center spot.

Everyone is hoping on the lynch Pau Gasol bandwagon, but i am going to still support the guy.

I remember him outplaying Dwight and bringing the lakers a championship.
Kobe does too...

i challenge you to find a post prior to your first post (the very first post on page 3), that talks about bynum aside from what i posted.

I'll say my peace once more time and I will be "done". Dwight has not led us to a winning record no matter what his stats are. He was brought here to put us on top and I have yet to see him do this. It appears you all are satisfied with this record and his performance and I have no recourse but to accept your thoughts and opinions. I want the Lakers to win a championship. That's why I watch the Lakers. In my opinion he hasn't led me to believe that this will happen. If he has shown you otherwise, that's your opinions. Good luck with this, I'm not buying it. Now I'm "done". Power trip?

i'm not satisfied nor am i disappointed with our current record because it's NOVEMBER. there are 68 games left to be played. :smh:

your breath must smell from all the [expletive] that comes out of it.

Edited by androsays, November 25, 2012 - 02:05 AM.

2div

#212 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:06 AM

lol considering the direction the discussion's gone, why not just answer the question instead of skipping over the posts that ask it:
"What makes Dwight Howard average? Who in the NBA, at the center position, is better than Dwight Howard right now? In any NBA frontcourt, who is a better defender?"

(Seems simple enough.)

And if you read the actual responses you're getting instead of overreacting and being sarcastic then you'll realize why people are criticizing your argument and the lack of substance it has. Your reasoning's been proven to be flawed throughout basically every page since that first post, and don't ask me to "prove it" like you told another poster because all you have to do is read the thread.

The "rules" aren't to agree with everybody but if you're going to suggest something as contentious as saying Dwight's not good or anything along those lines then back your argument with reliable evidence. Aside from that two game sample of him struggling, you should realize that you basically can't back your argument with reliable evidence, and that should tell you everything you need to know about your claim. Not trying to be rude but I actually don't think you're understanding how your argument and logic (or lack thereof) in this case make little to no sense.

And there's definitely a distinction between being "satisfied" with his performance and our record vs. not overreacting and thinking Dwight is average because he and the team had a few bad games.

Edited by spacedog1, November 25, 2012 - 02:13 AM.

#213 androsays

androsays

• 4,747 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:11 AM

if only i had like's to give. thumbs up spacedog!

2div

#214 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:14 AM

lol considering the direction the discussion's gone, why not just answer the question instead of skipping over the posts that ask it:
"What makes Dwight Howard average? Who in the NBA, at the center position, is better than Dwight Howard right now? In any NBA frontcourt, who is a better defender?"

(Seems simple enough.)

And if you read the actual responses you're getting instead of overreacting and being sarcastic then you'll realize why people are criticizing your argument and the lack of substance it has. Your reasoning's been proven to be flawed throughout basically every page since that first post, and don't ask me to "prove it" like you told another poster because all you have to do is read the thread.

The "rules" aren't to agree with everybody but if you're going to suggest something as contentious as saying Dwight's not good or anything along those lines then back your argument with reliable evidence. Aside from that two game sample of him struggling, you should realize that you basically can't back your argument with reliable evidence, and that should tell you everything you need to know about your claim. Not trying to be rude but I actually don't think you're understanding how your argument and logic (or lack thereof) in this case make little to no sense.

I'm sorry but I can't reply to any more posts. I've already been told that anything I say is trolling. You guys keep going. I can't answer or respond to any more posts on this subject. Good Night...

#215 androsays

androsays

• 4,747 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:17 AM

haha, what a loser!

go to sleep with your tail between your legs.

2div

#216 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:19 AM

I'll say my peace once more time and I will be "done". Dwight has not led us to a winning record no matter what his stats are. He was brought here to put us on top and I have yet to see him do this. It appears you all are satisfied with this record and his performance and I have no recourse but to accept your thoughts and opinions without getting blasted and threatened of being a troll, leading to a ban.. I want the Lakers to win a championship. That's why I watch the Lakers. In my opinion he hasn't led me to believe that this will happen. If he has shown you otherwise, that's your opinions. Good luck with this, but I'm not buying it. Now I'm "done".

Since you aren't going to answer anything I'm asking you (especially the question about finding a better center), answer this:

When the Miami Heat were 9-9 to start their 2010-11 season, fully healthy, did you think they were the best team in the East and would end up in the NBA Finals?

It just requires a simple yes or no.

Before that season, LeBron had visited the Finals just one time, as primary option and superstar with little help, and was swept.

Before this season, Dwight has visited the Finals just one time, as primary option and superstar with little help, and lost 4-1.

Yes or no...did you think that 9-9 Heat team in 2010-2011 was a legitimate threat to every team in the NBA, and would end up in the Finals AND would win a championship the following season?

#217 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:29 AM

Question: What is wrong with Dwight?

Your answer: The Lakers are 7-7.

That's all you've said.

bynumFanDude is being ridiculous but i have to agree with the above .. im sayin if dwight was 100% we wouldnt be 7-7 , that is all..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#218 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:29 AM

Since you aren't going to answer anything I'm asking you (especially the question about finding a better center), answer this:

When the Miami Heat were 9-9 to start their 2010-11 season, fully healthy, did you think they were the best team in the East and would end up in the NBA Finals?

It just requires a simple yes or no.

Before that season, LeBron had visited the Finals just one time, as primary option and superstar with little help, and was swept.

Before this season, Dwight has visited the Finals just one time, as primary option and superstar with little help, and lost 4-1.

Yes or no...did you think that 9-9 Heat team in 2010-2011 was a legitimate threat to every team in the NBA, and would end up in the Finals AND would win a championship the following season?

The answer your question about the Heat, the answer is no. I didn't think they could possibly win the title after starting 9 and 9. How is that relevant to the Lakers? Is it your theory that because they did it, then we can?

#219 androsays

androsays

• 4,747 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:33 AM

oh my god. do you really not see how his example is relevant to the Lakers?

2div

#220 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 02:35 AM

I hope you are all right about Dwight. Damn, that rhymes, lol. Seriously, I hope Howard helps us win the Chip. I am jonesin for a Laker title. If I'm wrong at the end of all of this, I will eat Real Deals and adrosays shorts at the same time...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users