250 replies to this topic

#181 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:44 AM

Their slate has been written. The Lakers slate has not. You can't compare, like most seem to do, one team from another. Howard is not LeBron. He is not even close to the caliber of player that James is. If you think Howard will duplicate what LeBron did for the Heat, you are going to be sadly disappointed. It's comparing apples to oranges. Your end result is a fantasy. It's not gonna happen.

Okay...but it's okay to say, "Dwight has the same players Bynum had," in one of your replies above...yet, completely disregard the new coaches, the new offense, the new defensive scheme, new assistants, a bigger role for Darius Morris, and new bench players in Jamison and Meeks?

Ah...well, okay.

http://lakernation.c...20#entry1193690

Read the last paragraph. Or, here it is, before the season started...

Understand that we'll be lucky to get out of the first month playing .500 basketball. We aren't going to win right off the bat. People aren't going to accept that, but they need to understand the complications of installing a new offense that may be unfamiliar to a guy like Kobe, who has played in the triangle through the beef of his career, and Howard and Nash, who have had their offenses built around them for the longest time.

It was expected, at least by those who have played ball before.

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel, and I have no idea why (well, I do...because you want to justify what you said all of last season).

You say Dwight isn't good because of a couple of games, but then avoid his season averages.
You say Dwight is average because of our 7-7 record, but fail to acknowledge Kobe's prime and his average seasons.
You don't want to compare the Heat's 9-9 start with LA's 7-7 start because, well, it's LeBron...and he's not average, no matter what.
You say Dwight hasn't been playing defense, even though his defensive numbers are better than LeBron's, Duncan's, Garnett's and last year's DPOY, Tyson Chandler's.
You say Dwight can't make a damn free throw, but then the least amount he has made in a season is MORE than Drew's career high for a season.

You lose, dude. You have nothing. If you aren't going to step your game up, yet continue to say the things you do to bait members here, I'm going to consider you a troll, and that means you're more than likely posting elsewhere.

#182 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:48 AM

what the [expletive] are you talking about?

a hopeful guess?

the heat won the NBA championship last year. the lakers were knocked out in the 2nd round by the Western Conference Finalists (who lost to the heat). that means the heat were better then the lakers. where's the guessing in that?

and when did i ever say we're tryna duplicate the heat? because we're trying to win a ring? then doesn't that mean the heat were trying (and succeeded) in imitating the lakers of 08/09 and 09/10?

haha, you say the darndest things!

So the Laker are going to win the title with Howard as the leader? That's what LeBron did. He went through years and years to get over the top. Is Howard the guy to do that for us? I hope you are right because nothing makes my year more than the Lakers holding up the championship trophy. Are you speaking from your heart or your brain?

#183 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,554 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:49 AM

SLAM! Duh duh duh, duh duh duh

#184 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:51 AM

I answered it. Real Deal hasn't answered my question. What's with the average record of 7 and 7 when we have such a stud in Howard? Is he the answer or isn't he?

No you didn't. You've argued that Howard is an "average" center so RD asked you to name a better center if that was the case, and you haven't done so...

Your argument has so far been a failure...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#185 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,737 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:53 AM

what the [expletive] are you talking about?

a hopeful guess?

the heat won the NBA championship last year. the lakers were knocked out in the 2nd round by the Western Conference Finalists (who lost to the heat). that means the heat were better then the lakers. where's the guessing in that?

and when did i ever say we're tryna duplicate the heat? because we're trying to win a ring? then doesn't that mean the heat were trying (and succeeded) in imitating the lakers of 08/09 and 09/10?

haha, you say the darndest things!

So the Laker are going to win the title with Howard as the leader? That's what LeBron did. He went through years and years to get over the top. Is Howard the guy to do that for us? I hope you are right because nothing makes my year more than the Lakers holding up the championship trophy. Are you speaking from your heart or your brain?

dude, what the [expletive] are you talking about?! hahahah

i clearly said trying. i would LOVE it if the Lakers win the 'chip this year, but it's a long season and many things can happen.

and for your information, Dwight Howard brought a piece of [expletive] team (magic 08/09) to the promised land, but couldn't topple the Lakers. chances he does it again with Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash rise exponentially.

2div

#186 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,637 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image

#187 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:56 AM

Okay...but it's okay to say, "Dwight had the same players Bynum had," in one of your replies above...yet, completely disregard the new coaches, the new offense, the new defensive scheme, new assistants, a bigger role for Darius Morris, and new bench players in Jamison and Meeks?

Ah...well, okay.

http://lakernation.c...20#entry1193690

Read the last paragraph. Or, here it is, before the season started...

It was expected, at least by those who have played ball before.

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel, and I have no idea why (well, I do...because you want to justify what you said all of last season).

You say Dwight isn't good because of a couple of games, but then avoid his season averages.
You say Dwight is average because of our 7-7 record, but fail to acknowledge Kobe's prime and his average seasons.
You don't want to compare the Heat's 9-9 start with LA's 7-7 start because, well, it's LeBron...and he's not average, no matter what.
You say Dwight hasn't been playing defense, even though his defensive numbers are better than LeBron's, Duncan's, Garnett's and last year's DPOY, Tyson Chandler's.
You say Dwight can't make a damn free throw, but then the least amount he has made in a season is MORE than Drew's career high for a season.

You lose, dude. You have nothing. If you aren't going to step your game up, yet continue to say the things you do to bait members here, I'm going to consider you a troll, and that means you're more than likely posting elsewhere.

`

I lose? I'm not the one bringing up other teams accolades and hoping we can duplicate. It's hard to win a championship. I never look at our team and think "well another team did it so why not us". If you are basing your facts on what another has done, you have already lost. Is that your theory? History will repeat itself? That's pretty weak dude. I love your posts, but this is a fantasy type leap..

#188 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:57 AM

u would be a good politician my friend

No he wouldn't, he would get smoked in an election ala Romney because the people can see right through his BS...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#189 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:58 AM

`

I lose? I'm not the one bringing up other teams accolades and hoping we can duplicate. It's hard to win a championship. I never look at our team and think "well another team did it so why not us". If you are basing your facts on what another has done, you have already lost. Is that your theory? History will repeat itself? That's pretty weak dude. I love your posts, but this is a fantasy type leap..

That's not at all what RD said. You need to take some reading comprehension classes...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#190 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 12:59 AM

No you didn't. You've argued that Howard is an "average" center so RD asked you to name a better center if that was the case, and you haven't done so...

Your argument has so far been a failure...

It doesn't matter. we could have Kwame Brown as our center and we would be average, 7 and 7. What's the agenda here?

#191 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:00 AM

whats wrong with Bynum?
Posted Image

#192 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,637 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:01 AM

It doesn't matter. we could have Kwame Brown as our center and we would be average, 7 and 7. What's the agenda here?

Posted Image

#193 androsays

androsays

• 4,737 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:04 AM

hahahah

dude. go out and get yourself a girlfriend. girl's love to argue.

2div

#194 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:05 AM

That's not at all what RD said. You need to take some reading comprehension classes...

You seem to admire anything Real Deal says, and that's O.K, because he is a great poster, but to lean on his post and follow what responses he gets and live your life by it shows to me that you are just a follower. Bring up your own points and I will be impressed. Do you have anything to say or are you just following Real Deal?

#195 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:11 AM

hahahah

dude. go out and get yourself a girlfriend. girl's love to argue.

Girls love to argue and dudes love to debate. Which are you?

#196 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:12 AM

Right, so you can't & won't answer the question. Well done...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#197 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:14 AM

You seem to admire anything Real Deal says, and that's O.K, because he is a great poster, but to lean on his post and follow what responses he gets and live your life by it shows to me that you are just a follower. Bring up your own points and I will be impressed. Do you have anything to say or are you just following Real Deal?

Live my life by it? :laughing:

Sure dude, you have learned everything about me from a couple posts in this thread...

I was simply reading the thread quietly as I thought it was interesting. I chose to chime in on your response's to RD because I find it hilarious how right you think you are, yet can't even answer a simple question asking you to elaborate on your own weak argument.

There is nothing for me to add in this thread because my opinion is shared by most everyone else posting & you've been systematically owned in this thread. What else is there to say?

2zi2dsm.jpg

#198 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:15 AM

Right, so you can't & won't answer the question. Well done...

O.K what's this great question you are talking about? Ask it and i will answer it. I thought I already did but I guess you aren't satisfied. Give it to me..

#199 androsays

androsays

• 4,737 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:16 AM

has it crossed your mind throughout this entire thread as to why nobody is taking your side of the argument? you post nothing concrete to support. now ask the same about real deal. i guarantee you it's not because he's a mod.

2div

#200 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts

Posted November 25, 2012 - 01:18 AM

has it crossed your mind throughout this entire thread as to why nobody is taking your side of the argument? you post nothing concrete to support. now ask the same about real deal. i guarantee you it's not because he's a mod.

What does him being a mod have to do with your argument? I don't get you, lol.. I'm sorry but I don't get what you just said. Please elaborate..

Edited by lakerfandude, November 25, 2012 - 01:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users