#1 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:06 PM

Normally when a great player has an awful game you just say it's a fluke unless it happens twice in a row which inexplicably happened with Dwight. Against Sacremento he had just 7 points, 9 boards, on 2/4 shooting. Tonight against Memphis he had once again just 7 points, 4 boards, and a lowly 2/7 shooting. What's wrong with him? I understand he's not close to full strength, but it doesn't excuse this pathetic production in the last two ball games. Especially with Nash out we can't afford this type of lackluster production from Dwight. Kobe cannot do it by himself.
htCCl0m.png

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:14 PM

Nothing -_-

Dwight played well, drew the defense to him considering the type of defense they were playing and was able to find our 3 point shooters and play some good defense making key blocks down the stretch.

Dwight's impact doesn't have to ALWAYS be offensive. He made the decision to pass to our shooter after drawing the defense rather than forcing it and risking a turnover because his timing still isn't all the way back or risk going to the free throw line.

he decided to start finding our three point shooters instead because the Grizzlies were playing off them and Dwight's passing made them pay for it.

Dwight played a good game tonight making Memphis pay for the kind of defense they showed and our bench benefitted(30 points from our bench) and were most effective in the 4 out 1 in offense where Dwight was the main playmaker for the bench unit on the court setting up nearly all of their shots.

So idk what the heck you're talking about

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:17 PM

Nothing -_-

Dwight played well, drew the defense to him considering the type of defense they were playing and was able to find our 3 point shooters and play some good defense making key blocks down the stretch.

Dwight's impact doesn't have to ALWAYS be offensive. He made the decision to pass to our shooter after drawing the defense rather than forcing it and risking a turnover because his timing still isn't all the way back or risk going to the free throw line.

he decided to start finding our three point shooters instead because the Grizzlies were playing off them and Dwight's passing made them pay for it.

Dwight played a good game tonight making Memphis pay for the kind of defense they showed and our bench benefitted(30 points from our bench) and were most effective in the 4 out 1 in offense where Dwight was the main playmaker for the bench unit on the court setting up nearly all of their shots.

So idk what the heck you're talking about

What the heck are you talking about? Saying Dwight had a good game is ridiculous. I love the guy, but 7 points and 4 boards is simply unacceptable from your superstar center. I give him credit for making plays out of double teams, but that still doesn't excuse his pathetic offensive production. This is two single digit games in a row from a guy who's been a career 20 & 10 player. Just can't happen.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, November 23, 2012 - 09:18 PM.

htCCl0m.png

• 40,385 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:19 PM

He's clearly not happy other than when he's chatting with the opposition every now & then. He was asked if he and Pau need more touches and he sorta' said yes.

yo.

#5 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Majesty I know your defending Howard but regardless 4 rebounds is not a good game.... The guy should be getting 10 plus a game no matter what
Laker fan for life.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

What the heck are you talking about? Saying Dwight had a good game is ridiculous. I love the guy, but 7 points and 4 boards is simply unacceptable from your superstar center. I give him credit for making plays out of double teams, but that still doesn't excuse his pathetic offensive production.

the way Memphis was playing him was a good strategy and Dwight made the right decision on how to play them. He got us more points passing out and making the plays than he would if he tried to force it and turning it over or going to the free throw line.

You gonna disagree with that? I'd rather our bench get 30 off his his playmaking in that scenario honestly. I could also bring up the fact that Pau is doing nothing to draw attention away from Dwight to make things easier in the post especially because Dwight isn't 100% yet but that'd go way over your head.

Offensive rebounds could have been better but that's about it. Dwight got everyone else involved because of how Memphis was playing him defensively. You're gonna hate on him for making the right plays and our bench scoring 30 off of them is funny to me.

Like I said only thing he really could have and should have done better is offensive rebounding but he made the right plays when he didn't force it because his timing isn't all the way back yet and he turned the ball over early because of that. So rather than try to force it late he found everyone else because of how they played him defensively.

Was that not obvious?

Edited by Majesty, November 23, 2012 - 09:21 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#7 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:31 PM

What's wrong with Dwight? WTH is wrong with Kobe? He takes most of the shots

#8 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hes 75% of himself. He just got outplayed tonight and in Sacto. He'll be fine once his body gets better

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,073 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:36 PM

I don't think people realize that 75% of your physical self going up against fully grown men at 100% of themselves is going to result in getting outplayed or pushed around.

I don't know how many of you have played sports but it takes 2-3 months to get back into real full shape. Not good enough shape but real 100%

That's if you've been lifting and running in the offseason

Imagine sitting on a couch for 6 months. It's going to be longer
Posted Image

#10 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:39 PM

the way Memphis was playing him was a good strategy and Dwight made the right decision on how to play them. He got us more points passing out and making the plays than he would if he tried to force it and turning it over or going to the free throw line.

You gonna disagree with that? I'd rather our bench get 30 off his his playmaking in that scenario honestly. I could also bring up the fact that Pau is doing nothing to draw attention away from Dwight to make things easier in the post especially because Dwight isn't 100% yet but that'd go way over your head.

Offensive rebounds could have been better but that's about it. Dwight got everyone else involved because of how Memphis was playing him defensively. You're gonna hate on him for making the right plays and our bench scoring 30 off of them is funny to me.

Like I said only thing he really could have and should have done better is offensive rebounding but he made the right plays when he didn't force it because his timing isn't all the way back yet and he turned the ball over early because of that. So rather than try to force it late he found everyone else because of how they played him defensively.

Was that not obvious?

Dude just because Dwight was doubled tonight doesn't mean he should score single digits twice in a row. Kobe is doubled all the time how many times has he been held under 10 points twice in a row? It's never happened. He needs to stop turning the damn ball over so much. Keep the basketball high and away from the defender. He has to be quicker with his post moves. He's so slow right now it gives his defender a chance to either block or contest it.
htCCl0m.png

#11 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 861 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:42 PM

He looks so bad lately

they need to get him a bunch of shots in the first couple minutes of games to get him going

#12 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 861 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:42 PM

There's no excuses for 4 rebounds with that many minutes

#13 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,013 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:59 PM

whats wrong with dwight? are u serious? hes only about 80% healthy right now. wow, i cant bellieve this question was even asked when the man himself said hes playing at 80% , and its quite obvious,too................................................................................................................................................................................................................ ..

Edited by KeepItRealOrElse, November 23, 2012 - 09:59 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#14 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:03 PM

It's obvious that Dwight has been having a slump offensively and needs to get out of it. Health is hardly a factor in his poor-piss play, considering how well he's played in previous games. He hasn't been comfortable down low and gets stripped easily making a move. At least he's making an effort defensively, whereas Pau has been abysmal on both sides.

Dwight's a superstar, 4 and 7 in two games is unacceptable. IDC what excuse you give.

#15 Rad

Rad

• 1,621 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:08 PM

Dwights woes aren't physical.. it's all in the headband.

#16 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:19 PM

whats wrong with dwight? are u serious? hes only about 80% healthy right now. wow, i cant bellieve this question was even asked when the man himself said hes playing at 80% , and its quite obvious,too................................................................................................................................................................................................................ ..

So being not fully healthy gives him the right to play like [expletive] twice in a row?
htCCl0m.png

#17 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,013 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:21 PM

So being not fully healthy gives him the right to play like [expletive] twice in a row?

yes it most definetely does man. duh!!!!!!!

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#18 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:30 PM

To me its the 4 rebounds in 39 minutes. I hate the 75% excuse 2 games ago he got 23-11 and other nights 15+ rebounds. What was he 95% then?
Laker fan for life.

#19 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:33 PM

yes it most definetely does man. duh!!!!!!!

:facepalm:
htCCl0m.png

#20 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,013 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:33 PM

To me its the 4 rebounds in 39 minutes. I hate the 75% excuse 2 games ago he got 23-11 and other nights 15+ rebounds. What was he 95% then?

smh. sometimes 80% dwight will get the job done, some nights he'll have a statline that obviously shows hes 80%

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users