Photo

I really don't get it. I hope somebody can help me out.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,660 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:39 AM

^ you can't be serious. So you're saying the only way you will think the clips are legit is if they extend their win streak through January? I know us laker fans are supposed to be biased, but you gotta speak somewhat with a clear mind.

January is where their true tests are so we can see if they are for real or not. They have to play Golden State, OKC, and Memphis.

That's a step up from the Raptors and the Hornets X_X

apparently you don't read the schedule.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#22 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 26, 2012 - 08:33 AM

Meant the number 2 hottest team in the West. As I really don't view the Clippers as any kind of real threat(in a matchup against us), more so fools gold. They've played the same amount of winning teams in 13 games as we've played in 5. They'll come down to earth soon enough. So I consider the Warriors the 2nd hottest team in the West, then again I don't include the Thunder in that category because I basically expect them to be the first team in the West record wise and everyone else trying to catch up.

I mean the Clippers have only won as many games in a row as the Lakers have won all season. Not to mention, blown teams out nightly in the process. I hate them. To not consider them a top tier team at this point is silly. Will they win anything? Who knows, I hope not.

#23 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 08:39 AM

Both the Warriors and the Knicks are two higher ranked teams than anyone the Clippers have faced on their entire winning streak which makes that relevant doesn't it? So not only did we play the same amount of winning teams. The ones we played and beat were higher ranked in our conference than anyone the Warriors beat in their 14-0 streak, and the team we beat on the East was better than any Eastern team clippers beat in their entire 14 games, we had tougher competition in our last 5 games than they had in their last 14 now isn't that funny?

And we aren't dealing with fools gold, because our team has yet to find an identity. So I don't know how these wins would "fool" anyone. We aren't there yet obviously. No one is calling us the best team in the West despite the 3 we beat being better than the 3 the Clippers beat because we aren't. No one is claiming we'll never lose another game because it's silly.

But the Clippers who have a deep bench and are a team with an identity beat 11 losing teams and had close games against good ones and people think they are the new "showtime"? No. They are the same overrated Clippers team they were last year whose offense when slowed down in the playoffs will lose again. But the NBA needs the story I guess. But what the Clippers are showing right now is fools gold and they aren't the best team in the west because they blew out 11 bums.

OKC still would trounce them in a heartbeat which is funny because last year they owned OKC with regular ease. Would not be the case this year and hasn't been.

So we'll see where they stand come mid January. Till then I'm not getting excited over a team that beat 11 bums. For a team with an identity and a deep bench like they have they'd be underachieving if they didn't. But to act like they are Championship contenders is laughable, and it's easy to be "showtime" when you're facing bums. Do it in the playoffs and in the finals where it matters.

Oh wow they beat Denver at home... we beat Denver by near 30 at home to the point Dwight Howard was even making 3s on them and we did it without Steve Nash.. I guess that proved we we're ready and we're gonna smash them tomorrow too!!! No It didn't and we weren't and we still aren't. And the Clippers are far from it themselves.

They still have the same weaknesses they had at the beginning of the year and when their schedule gets rougher the losses will pour in because of it, they'd just better hope that it isn't too late in the season to fix it.

When it comes down to it when you're watching the Clippers or the Lakers for improvements you're looking for two different things.

In the Clippers you understand they have their identity, then you look to see if they fix the other weaknesses in their game that could take them over the hump in the playoffs. So far? Nope.

In the Lakers you understand that they are still trying to find their identity and you look to see if they are finding a consistency to play with to the point where other things can start to be worked on as far as weaknesses. And we have seen improvements in terms of identity finding although there's a long way to go and we JUST got our point guard that will help us find that back. So we're looking at ourselves in terms of finding an identity and once it's found, working on our weaknesses to get us over the hump when playoff time comes.

The Clippers have their identity but haven't worked on a darn one of their weaknesses because they haven't had to against sub 500 teams going absolutely nowhere. I don't consider it impressive when a team with a deep bench like theirs and an obvious identity can only manage to put up 88 points on the Pistons. I don't consider it impressive for a team that already understands who they are to nearly lose a 20 point lead in a 4th quarter nearly 2 games in a row and continue to make the same mistakes. I don't consider it impressive for a team as deep as theirs that HAS an identity to struggle with the Bobcats and barely beat a Jazz team without Favors.

The Clippers right now should be ironing out their weaknesses to become a more complete team. But they aren't because they think their winning streak means something.

Down the line they are going to get trounced when teams take advantage of that and they had best hope it isn't too late. They lost 4 in a row because of those problems and then faced 11 bums and somehow now is the best team in the West with their weaknesses still apparent but "showtime" equals them now? Why? Because Magic Johnson said so?

Magic Johnson uttered the words "I never thought I'd see Showtime again... BUT IT'S THE CLIPPERS!!" when Magic has said time and time again that Showtime wasn't showtime without it's A) Defense, and B) Ability to do it in the Playoffs/Finals.

He just basically said a team that beat 11 sub .500 teams is the new showtime that he "never" thought he'd see again.

The idiocy is oozing from his brain and I wonder how much ESPN paid him to say that.

When we beat the Nuggets by 30 what did he say? It's the Nuggets team struggling to find their identity, they have to do it against better competition.

But when the Clippers do it to the Nuggets by 15, it's SHOWTIME REINCARNATED!!!

yeah sure..

I'll believe it when they make it through January still on that streak.

Till then, they are fools gold till proven otherwise. That is my stance on them.

So the Clippers get no credit for beating bad teams? The Lakers lose to those same bad teams. You could also say the Knicks, a team that lives by the 3 is "fools gold". The Warriors, a team who is a perennial nobody and off to a fast start, also a jump shooting team, "fools gold". The Nets, a team off to a fast start that has been exposed as a fraud, "fools gold". That is every quality win the Lakers have this season. The Clippers are the real deal up to this point. Give them some credit, or at least don't be a myopic Laker fanboy. I hope the Lakers win the ring, I hope they beat the Clippers by 30 every time they faceoff. However, I watch their games, they are very deep, good at every position, and play very hard. They are a real threat.

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:29 AM

The clippers aren't legit until they prove themselves in the playoffs. This isn't the heat or celtics or even lakers where they are made up of a group of players that have proven they can win in the playoffs on a big scale. This is more like the 2010 thunder in terms of their legitimacy. They have talent. There is no question about that. But they have flaws and they are unproven

Could they get to the finals. Absolutely.

Paul
Griffin
Butler
Odom
Crawford
Hill
Billups
Bledsoe

They are deep and talented. Will they. We will see. There are only 4 teams with a legitimate title shot IMO talent wise. Heat, thunder, lakers, and the clippers

Spurs, grizzlies, Knicks and nets are all mirages that just don't have the talent to do it when it counts. The NBA is a talent league. Always has been. That's what made the lakers awful record so puzzling
Posted Image

#25 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:32 AM

I agree with you Last Stand. They have the pieces, as do the Lakers. Gotta see how they put it all together.

#26 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,660 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 02:55 PM

So the Clippers get no credit for beating bad teams? The Lakers lose to those same bad teams. You could also say the Knicks, a team that lives by the 3 is "fools gold". The Warriors, a team who is a perennial nobody and off to a fast start, also a jump shooting team, "fools gold". The Nets, a team off to a fast start that has been exposed as a fraud, "fools gold". That is every quality win the Lakers have this season. The Clippers are the real deal up to this point. Give them some credit, or at least don't be a myopic Laker fanboy. I hope the Lakers win the ring, I hope they beat the Clippers by 30 every time they faceoff. However, I watch their games, they are very deep, good at every position, and play very hard. They are a real threat.

Maybe you need to stop comparing the Clippers and the Lakers in what to look for.

The Clippers already have an identity and a deep bench established. They are playing pretty much how they are gonna play all season right now you watch them to see if they are improving on their weaknesses that will get them beat in the playoffs.

The Lakers are still searching for an identity so you look for consistent play on their part so that once they find their identity they can focus on their weaknesses as well either during the process or after.

So you can't compare "why does one team get credit but this team that's won 13 doesnt we lost to bums!! they win against them!"

We lost to bums without a full lineup and with absolutely NO identity. The Clippers are not in that same boat and if you're watching them for improvements you aren't looking in the same places you're looking at it in the Lakers because they are in two completely different places in terms of development. You can't compare us to the Clippers in that regard, at all.

But you miss the point entirely which is fine.

#27 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 08:35 PM

Maybe you need to stop comparing the Clippers and the Lakers in what to look for.

The Clippers already have an identity and a deep bench established. They are playing pretty much how they are gonna play all season right now you watch them to see if they are improving on their weaknesses that will get them beat in the playoffs.

The Lakers are still searching for an identity so you look for consistent play on their part so that once they find their identity they can focus on their weaknesses as well either during the process or after.

So you can't compare "why does one team get credit but this team that's won 13 doesnt we lost to bums!! they win against them!"

We lost to bums without a full lineup and with absolutely NO identity. The Clippers are not in that same boat and if you're watching them for improvements you aren't looking in the same places you're looking at it in the Lakers because they are in two completely different places in terms of development. You can't compare us to the Clippers in that regard, at all.

But you miss the point entirely which is fine.

How bout this one. The Clippers blew the nuggets off the floor. Game over in the 3rd. The Lakers gave up over 120 to the exact same team 23 hours later. That is a stat you can compare.

Edited by noknife, December 26, 2012 - 08:36 PM.

#28 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,266 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 26, 2012 - 08:57 PM

How bout this one. The Clippers blew the nuggets off the floor. Game over in the 3rd. The Lakers gave up over 120 to the exact same team 23 hours later. That is a stat you can compare.

Not really. We would have won this game if we were at home despite our lack of energy and effort. The fact they were at home tonight helped them a lot. Also, if that foul is at Staples, Dwight isn't ejected. But I do agree the Clips deserve respect. I hope our team respects them since we have a huge game against them next week.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#29 ツ  

ツ  

Starter

• 5,529 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:00 PM

why cant ppl just give [expletive]ing credit to the clipps?

#30 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,590 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:02 PM

why cant ppl just give [expletive]ing credit to the clipps?

Posted Image

#31 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:04 PM

It's unreal. Being a Lakers fan doesn't mean that you should just disregard every other team in the league. The Clippers are the best team in the west, if not the league. The Lakers are sub .500 about 1/3rd through the season.

#32 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,660 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:16 PM

The Clippers have an identity and a deep bench. Like I said, you are looking for two different things when you're comparing these teams for comparison.

With the Clippers they have their identity and will play this way for the rest of the season and it's about seeing if their weaknesses are getting fixed to get them over the hump into the playoffs.

With the Lakers it's about seeing if they've found their identity to build on while those weaknesses are being ironed out and fixed.

Tonight you saw that the offense became stagnant whenever Duhon entered the game, you saw that the pick and roll help defense had gotten lazy and you saw that Gasol cannot stop Faried from rebounding.

So basically tonight you saw things you already knew existed that need to be consistently fixed. Second chance points and such being an issue as we got the first stop and sometimes the 2nd but not the third. That is on Hill/Gasol and Howard alike.

Didn't get to see all you could see because we lost Dwight halfway through the 3rd(and I won't talk about the officiating) and were still in the game despite the terrible ending of the third.

What we learned basically is stuff we already knew, if we don't play pick and roll defense consistently then teams get the shots they shouldn't and that Gasol isn't going to be vocal defensively even if he is directly behind Dwight when someone comes for the ball. And that the Nuggets are a great team at home and have the best home record in the NBA so you can't afford to come in that way.

Stuff we already knew.

Main thing though is that our offense seems to flow and has an identity UNTIL our bench point guard comes in. Now that we have Nash back we actually have a barometer to start judging where our problems lay, and Duhon IS a problem.

We played good defensively down the stretch of the last 5 games which is why we won them late. But our problems in terms of back door cuts that Gasol allows reared their head in this game and are going to have to be worked on.

All that happens as we're trying to find our identity as a team. So nothing I'm very worried about.

You still cannot compare it to the Clippers because they already have an identity and a deep bench. Our bench is basically Metta and Meeks and Hill's hustle. this is a known. Hill wasn't boxing out tonight, Meeks shot was off, and Metta had his first bad game, although his effort was there. But the biggest issue was we were allowing too many inside shots(both on Gasol and Dwight) to start and not pressuring them enough on the inside and our defensive anchor looked fatigued and let people 3 steps behind him beat him up the court. But it's no surprise that Dwight isn't 100% nor is his stamina. So no surprise there.

When we find our identity and how we want to play these things will come second nature when we read the defense we're facing.

But ultimately we're gonna score over 100 each games, it's just about finding our defensive identity and cutting out the weak points.

Unfortunately we have NO CHOICE but to play our weak points because they are our only backups till our main one comes back and the drop off is just that dramatic.

That's basically all there is to it.

Edited by Majesty, December 26, 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#33 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Maybe the Lakers identity is a bad team that looked awesome on paper (Philadelphia Eagles last season)

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,660 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Maybe the Lakers identity is a bad team that looked awesome on paper (Philadelphia Eagles last season)

won't know till everyone is healthy and used to playing with each other then will we?

#35 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,728 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 27, 2012 - 03:55 AM

won't know till everyone is healthy and used to playing with each other then will we?

EVERYONE IS [expletive]ING HEALTHY. YOU GUYS OVERUSE THE "they have to get used to each other" excuse. That doesn't mean jack [expletive]. They are basketball players that get paid millions of dollars, they don't need to get used to playing with other elite professional basketball players, Kobe and Nash have been playing basketball for 17 years in this league and have played with many great players, they know how to adjust to other players. For Christ sake stop making [expletive]ing excuses to make yourself feel better you weak individual. Face the facts, the clippers are better than the lakers right now, and it's not even close.

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,660 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 04:29 AM

EVERYONE IS [expletive]ING HEALTHY. YOU GUYS OVERUSE THE "they have to get used to each other" excuse. That doesn't mean jack [expletive]. They are basketball players that get paid millions of dollars, they don't need to get used to playing with other elite professional basketball players, Kobe and Nash have been playing basketball for 17 years in this league and have played with many great players, they know how to adjust to other players. For Christ sake stop making [expletive]ing excuses to make yourself feel better you weak individual. Face the facts, the clippers are better than the lakers right now, and it's not even close.

All you're saying in this above sentence is "I REFUSE TO LISTEN TO LOGIC!! I WANNA COMPLAIN AND COMPLAIN AND COMPLAIN NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!! I'LL THROW IN INSULTS TOO!"

It's a laughable joke just like everything else you say.

And of course the Clippers are ahead of the Lakers right now, they have their own identity while we're still searching for ours.

No one is even arguing that but you're searching for something to complain about like a a person suffering from roid rage running through their own houselooking for something to hit.. so i'll assume that's the norm for you.

And fyi before you try to tell others what "not to do" or "say" and try to claim they only do such things because they "need to make themselves feel better" for being "a weak individual" I strongly suggest you look in the mirror at yourself, because that is the definition of you. And needing an ego stroking name like MrKnowitAll when you've shown to know jack squat only pushes home the point further and every insult you throw at others is actually a pitiful reflection of what you feel about yourself. I studied people like you in Psych101, you're on page 58 Chapter 5 under "self fulfilling prophecies" and "self loathe". You hate what you are, so you lash out at everyone else because you are trying to convince yourself they are you, and that you are above them. It's very basic, and I feel sorry for you. i strongly suggest you get some help or and take some green tea, it always calms the soul.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Have a nice day :)

Edited by Majesty, December 27, 2012 - 04:34 AM.

#37 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 05:19 AM

The lakers have an identity. An old team that gives up a bunch of points. They do it consistently, to the point, it's predictable. As of now that is their identity. If you want to believe it is something else, then you can obviously believe whatever you want, since you are capable if denying reality. The numbers don't lie. Fact: they are an old team. Fact: they give up tons of points. That doesn't mean that is how it will end up, that is just how it is now. Nash makes them a better team, but they were a god awful team without him. With him, they look mediocre. Like I said, it could change, it also could not. To say they don't have an identity at this point is just wrong. They have an identity, just not the one they or we want.

#38 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted December 27, 2012 - 03:13 PM

Not really. We would have won this game if we were at home despite our lack of energy and effort. The fact they were at home tonight helped them a lot. Also, if that foul is at Staples, Dwight isn't ejected. But I do agree the Clips deserve respect. I hope our team respects them since we have a huge game against them next week.

no we wouldn't have ..

stop grasping for hypotheticals and random circumstances to quantify wins....

you win because you're better then the other team... PERIOD.....

We aren't going to win because we have softer towels or colder gatorade.. We win because our team is better then the other team.

HATE HATE HATE HATE

#39 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,728 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 27, 2012 - 04:22 PM

All you're saying in this above sentence is "I REFUSE TO LISTEN TO LOGIC!! I WANNA COMPLAIN AND COMPLAIN AND COMPLAIN NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!! I'LL THROW IN INSULTS TOO!"

It's a laughable joke just like everything else you say.

And of course the Clippers are ahead of the Lakers right now, they have their own identity while we're still searching for ours.

No one is even arguing that but you're searching for something to complain about like a a person suffering from roid rage running through their own houselooking for something to hit.. so i'll assume that's the norm for you.

And fyi before you try to tell others what "not to do" or "say" and try to claim they only do such things because they "need to make themselves feel better" for being "a weak individual" I strongly suggest you look in the mirror at yourself, because that is the definition of you. And needing an ego stroking name like MrKnowitAll when you've shown to know jack squat only pushes home the point further and every insult you throw at others is actually a pitiful reflection of what you feel about yourself. I studied people like you in Psych101, you're on page 58 Chapter 5 under "self fulfilling prophecies" and "self loathe". You hate what you are, so you lash out at everyone else because you are trying to convince yourself they are you, and that you are above them. It's very basic, and I feel sorry for you. i strongly suggest you get some help or and take some green tea, it always calms the soul.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Have a nice day :)

Bro you keep making excuses for them. We have the most talented starting 5 in the league. You just say whatever espn says. You're opinion is worthless, if anyone wants to know what this joke is going to say next, flip on twc sports net or sportscenter. "We have no identity" our identity is our record. Make up your own opinion not someone else's.

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,660 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 04:38 PM

Bro you keep making excuses for them. We have the most talented starting 5 in the league. You just say whatever espn says. You're opinion is worthless, if anyone wants to know what this joke is going to say next, flip on twc sports net or sportscenter. "We have no identity" our identity is our record. Make up your own opinion not someone else's.

the fact you think my opinion is the same as ESPN's shows just how out of touch you are.

But because you have nothing of merit to say and only try to derail threads rather than add to them, I shall leave it at that.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users