Photo

I really don't get it. I hope somebody can help me out.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,332 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted November 23, 2012 - 07:48 PM

Is this the showtime offense that we should enjoy right now? The only thing I can think of with why the so called "showtime" style offense looks more like a noshow offense is the lack of Nash in the lineup. Maybe when we have Nash, he can get the ball to the right people and actually running up and down. Here is what I see so far with the 3 games with MDT as head coach on the sidelines. Dwight is confused. Dwight doesnt get many catches. Dwight seems uninterested. Pau is confused. Pau suck. Pau shoot too many long jumpers. Metta dribbles the ball too much. Metta is too hyper. and Kobe only do pick and rolls and rack up more turnovers. Is this the offense we looking at? Jack up 500 threes like the Orlando Magic and hoping it will go in? I hope not. Can somebody explain to me why with Bernie we actually running up and down the floor and scored over 100 points easily while with MDT we began to play like a slow princeton offense again? I'm confused now.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,176 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 23, 2012 - 07:50 PM

Dwight played fine he just isn't getting rebounds.

Dwight actually played a closer style to what he's used to tonight in the 2nd half when we ran 4 out 1 in with our bench and came back into the game.

Dwight gets his touches but he decided rather than turn the ball over trying to force it(because his timing is still off) or risk going to the free throw line that he'd kick it out to our wide open threes.

And our bench benefited.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#3 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 23, 2012 - 07:52 PM

If I had to take a guess I would say it's because with Bernie they were just playing free and easy with nothing to lose, now with D'Antoni here it seems like there's a lot of pressure on them to figure it out

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#4 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted November 23, 2012 - 07:53 PM

The fact that Darius Morris and Chris Duhon was our PG rotation and we were in the game is a miracle. Let Nash and at least Steve Blake come back before we can judge how this offense is supposed to work.
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#5 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,085 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 08:07 PM

There can only be one "Showtime", and this team doesn't even come close to it to be honest with you. "Boredtime" sounds more fitting.

#6 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted November 23, 2012 - 08:08 PM

yea, i'm sure this is not the offense that will be run when nash is out there...assuming he's back within the week, i'm giving this team til Christmas to see if i'm going to buy them contending for a championship.

Posted Image

#7 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,884 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 23, 2012 - 08:44 PM

yea, i'm sure this is not the offense that will be run when nash is out there...assuming he's back within the week, i'm giving this team til Christmas to see if i'm going to buy them contending for a championship.

I cant wait for nash to come back. Guy will get us so many more looks.

#8 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,020 posts

Posted November 24, 2012 - 03:50 PM

4 games in 5 nights killed/killing them ..

Rockets game was the best game so far, hope we can see more of those games ..

#9 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted December 25, 2012 - 07:45 PM

5 game winning streak...beat one of the best teams in the league and we're only going to get better...

i'm buying

Posted Image

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,176 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 08:30 PM

5 game winning streak...beat one of the best teams in the league and we're only going to get better...

i'm buying

And we came off beating the hottest team in the west aside from the Thunder.

So we beat the number 2 team in the Western Conference and the number 1 team in the Eastern conference in back to back games as well as coming back on them to take over near the end.

Those are all good signs. Beating the Bobcats did wonders for our confidence and had we not done that who knows if we'd have had the confidence to do what we did to the Warriors and to the Knicks.

Now the most important thing is to NOT let down against the Nuggets tomorrow.

#11 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 25, 2012 - 09:25 PM

And we came off beating the hottest team in the west aside from the Thunder.

So we beat the number 2 team in the Western Conference and the number 1 team in the Eastern conference in back to back games as well as coming back on them to take over near the end.

Those are all good signs. Beating the Bobcats did wonders for our confidence and had we not done that who knows if we'd have had the confidence to do what we did to the Warriors and to the Knicks.

Now the most important thing is to NOT let down against the Nuggets tomorrow.

I hope you're not talking about the warriors when talking about the "number 2 team in the west"

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,176 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 10:36 PM

I hope you're not talking about the warriors when talking about the "number 2 team in the west"

Meant the number 2 hottest team in the West. As I really don't view the Clippers as any kind of real threat(in a matchup against us), more so fools gold. They've played the same amount of winning teams in 13 games as we've played in 5. They'll come down to earth soon enough. So I consider the Warriors the 2nd hottest team in the West, then again I don't include the Thunder in that category because I basically expect them to be the first team in the West record wise and everyone else trying to catch up.

Edited by Majesty, December 25, 2012 - 10:37 PM.

#13 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 11:35 PM

Meant the number 2 hottest team in the West. As I really don't view the Clippers as any kind of real threat(in a matchup against us), more so fools gold. They've played the same amount of winning teams in 13 games as we've played in 5. They'll come down to earth soon enough. So I consider the Warriors the 2nd hottest team in the West, then again I don't include the Thunder in that category because I basically expect them to be the first team in the West record wise and everyone else trying to catch up.

Clippers have won like 14 straight, if there not the hottest team to you, you need to watch em.

#14 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,722 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 25, 2012 - 11:37 PM

Clippers are leading the West. In fact, they're leading the whole league currently. Uh huh, they're a big threat. Probably have one of the best benches in the league.

Edited by ツ  , December 25, 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#15 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 26, 2012 - 12:02 AM

The fact that Darius Morris and Chris Duhon was our PG rotation and we were in the game is a miracle. Let Nash and at least Steve Blake come back before we can judge how this offense is supposed to work.

Steve Blake is horrible he's a worst version of Chris Duhon

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,176 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 12:23 AM

Clippers have won like 14 straight, if there not the hottest team to you, you need to watch em.

only 3 were teams of those 14 had winning records.

Fools gold.

Not drinking the kool aid. They'll come back down to earth soon enough. Glad that they have an identity though but I'd like to see how they do.

Minnesota, Sacramento, a 1 point win vs a sub .500 Jazz team without Favors, Dallas, Phoenix, Toronto, Chicago by 5, hard victory vs Charlotte, Milwalkee, Pistons(where they scored 88 and was lucky that the Pistons are so terrible they scored 76), New Orleans, Sacramento again, and Phoenix....

Them some world beaters right there.

Then you realize we played the same amount of winning teams in our 5 game stretch that they played in their 14 game stretch.

So yeah, not drinking the kool-aid. They have an identity, great. But their competition has been laughable during this "stretch" so I'd like to see how they do against the upper talent of the Western Conference. Fact of the matter is they haven't played a team on the West side as high as the Warriors(whom they lost to) since then. So I'm not drinking this "stretch is amazing kool-aid". Kool they won games playing 11 sub 500 teams and they have a deep bench and an identity. But they are fools gold to anyone that thinks they are the best team in the West because of it or the hottest team in the west because of it.

I want to see their record by the middle of January where in the first half of the month they play the Warriors, OKC, Memphis and us whom I hope have found some of our own identity by then.

if they make it through all those games still on their streak I'll agree. But they very well could lose each game and then where are they?

So runs are wonderful but when you fight 11 teams under 500 and going nowhere and people tout you the hottest team in the West like you're some sort of favorite over the Thunder I sort of laugh. I for one hope they keep winning so that they keep not working on their weaknesses that are STILL there, so that way when it gets to the playoffs when those weaknesses are exploited it will be too late to fix. Just like last year.

Edited by Majesty, December 26, 2012 - 12:26 AM.

#17 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted December 26, 2012 - 01:55 AM

m. johnson said it earlier, right now the clippers are playing showtime basketball. and i wish that barnes could played as well as he is for the clippers this year for us last year...typical.
DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#18 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 02:11 AM

only 3 were teams of those 14 had winning records.

Fools gold.

Not drinking the kool aid. They'll come back down to earth soon enough. Glad that they have an identity though but I'd like to see how they do.

Minnesota, Sacramento, a 1 point win vs a sub .500 Jazz team without Favors, Dallas, Phoenix, Toronto, Chicago by 5, hard victory vs Charlotte, Milwalkee, Pistons(where they scored 88 and was lucky that the Pistons are so terrible they scored 76), New Orleans, Sacramento again, and Phoenix....

Them some world beaters right there.

Then you realize we played the same amount of winning teams in our 5 game stretch that they played in their 14 game stretch.

So yeah, not drinking the kool-aid. They have an identity, great. But their competition has been laughable during this "stretch" so I'd like to see how they do against the upper talent of the Western Conference. Fact of the matter is they haven't played a team on the West side as high as the Warriors(whom they lost to) since then. So I'm not drinking this "stretch is amazing kool-aid". Kool they won games playing 11 sub 500 teams and they have a deep bench and an identity. But they are fools gold to anyone that thinks they are the best team in the West because of it or the hottest team in the west because of it.

I want to see their record by the middle of January where in the first half of the month they play the Warriors, OKC, Memphis and us whom I hope have found some of our own identity by then.

if they make it through all those games still on their streak I'll agree. But they very well could lose each game and then where are they?

So runs are wonderful but when you fight 11 teams under 500 and going nowhere and people tout you the hottest team in the West like you're some sort of favorite over the Thunder I sort of laugh. I for one hope they keep winning so that they keep not working on their weaknesses that are STILL there, so that way when it gets to the playoffs when those weaknesses are exploited it will be too late to fix. Just like last year.

So what you're saying is the lakers win streak is fools gold too right?

#19 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,176 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 02:44 AM

So what you're saying is the lakers win streak is fools gold too right?

Both the Warriors and the Knicks are two higher ranked teams than anyone the Clippers have faced on their entire winning streak which makes that relevant doesn't it? So not only did we play the same amount of winning teams. The ones we played and beat were higher ranked in our conference than anyone the Warriors beat in their 14-0 streak, and the team we beat on the East was better than any Eastern team clippers beat in their entire 14 games, we had tougher competition in our last 5 games than they had in their last 14 now isn't that funny?

And we aren't dealing with fools gold, because our team has yet to find an identity. So I don't know how these wins would "fool" anyone. We aren't there yet obviously. No one is calling us the best team in the West despite the 3 we beat being better than the 3 the Clippers beat because we aren't. No one is claiming we'll never lose another game because it's silly.

But the Clippers who have a deep bench and are a team with an identity beat 11 losing teams and had close games against good ones and people think they are the new "showtime"? No. They are the same overrated Clippers team they were last year whose offense when slowed down in the playoffs will lose again. But the NBA needs the story I guess. But what the Clippers are showing right now is fools gold and they aren't the best team in the west because they blew out 11 bums.

OKC still would trounce them in a heartbeat which is funny because last year they owned OKC with regular ease. Would not be the case this year and hasn't been.

So we'll see where they stand come mid January. Till then I'm not getting excited over a team that beat 11 bums. For a team with an identity and a deep bench like they have they'd be underachieving if they didn't. But to act like they are Championship contenders is laughable, and it's easy to be "showtime" when you're facing bums. Do it in the playoffs and in the finals where it matters.

Oh wow they beat Denver at home... we beat Denver by near 30 at home to the point Dwight Howard was even making 3s on them and we did it without Steve Nash.. I guess that proved we we're ready and we're gonna smash them tomorrow too!!! No It didn't and we weren't and we still aren't. And the Clippers are far from it themselves.

They still have the same weaknesses they had at the beginning of the year and when their schedule gets rougher the losses will pour in because of it, they'd just better hope that it isn't too late in the season to fix it.

When it comes down to it when you're watching the Clippers or the Lakers for improvements you're looking for two different things.

In the Clippers you understand they have their identity, then you look to see if they fix the other weaknesses in their game that could take them over the hump in the playoffs. So far? Nope.

In the Lakers you understand that they are still trying to find their identity and you look to see if they are finding a consistency to play with to the point where other things can start to be worked on as far as weaknesses. And we have seen improvements in terms of identity finding although there's a long way to go and we JUST got our point guard that will help us find that back. So we're looking at ourselves in terms of finding an identity and once it's found, working on our weaknesses to get us over the hump when playoff time comes.

The Clippers have their identity but haven't worked on a darn one of their weaknesses because they haven't had to against sub 500 teams going absolutely nowhere. I don't consider it impressive when a team with a deep bench like theirs and an obvious identity can only manage to put up 88 points on the Pistons. I don't consider it impressive for a team that already understands who they are to nearly lose a 20 point lead in a 4th quarter nearly 2 games in a row and continue to make the same mistakes. I don't consider it impressive for a team as deep as theirs that HAS an identity to struggle with the Bobcats and barely beat a Jazz team without Favors.

The Clippers right now should be ironing out their weaknesses to become a more complete team. But they aren't because they think their winning streak means something.

Down the line they are going to get trounced when teams take advantage of that and they had best hope it isn't too late. They lost 4 in a row because of those problems and then faced 11 bums and somehow now is the best team in the West with their weaknesses still apparent but "showtime" equals them now? Why? Because Magic Johnson said so?

Magic Johnson uttered the words "I never thought I'd see Showtime again... BUT IT'S THE CLIPPERS!!" when Magic has said time and time again that Showtime wasn't showtime without it's A) Defense, and B) Ability to do it in the Playoffs/Finals.

He just basically said a team that beat 11 sub .500 teams is the new showtime that he "never" thought he'd see again.

The idiocy is oozing from his brain and I wonder how much ESPN paid him to say that.

When we beat the Nuggets by 30 what did he say? It's the Nuggets team struggling to find their identity, they have to do it against better competition.

But when the Clippers do it to the Nuggets by 15, it's SHOWTIME REINCARNATED!!!

yeah sure..

I'll believe it when they make it through January still on that streak.

Till then, they are fools gold till proven otherwise. That is my stance on them.

Edited by Majesty, December 26, 2012 - 02:58 AM.

#20 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:07 AM

^ you can't be serious. So you're saying the only way you will think the clips are legit is if they extend their win streak through January? I know us laker fans are supposed to be biased, but you gotta speak somewhat with a clear mind.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, December 26, 2012 - 03:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users