121 replies to this topic

#61 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 21, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Cool. Does anyone know if Channing Frye is available, also? I'd like to replace Dwight with him.

And while we are at it, maybe we can convince Tim Thomas to come out of retirement, and I'm sure Eddie House would take the league's minimum.

#62 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,773 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 21, 2013 - 10:15 PM

Thing is in terms of free agents there aren't many 3s we can sign aside from CDR the other ones would need a trade of some kind and the trade deadline is past and no team bit.

Blake is fine as our backup 1 and fits in very very well. So we don't need to mess with chemistry there. Meeks is our backup 2 ans serves his purpose, Jamison is playing very well at the 4.

Gasol will be back in a month so I can't see us spending 4 times on a big man to fill the void.

What we need is someone that can pkay the 3 and contribute in some way.

Ebanks cannot do either. When it comes down to it the only wings available will be Raja Bell and CDR all others worth signing would only be gotten with a trade.

It sucks but its reality.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#63 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 10:22 PM

The problem isn't that we're trying to bring him in, it's that the media is reporting that we're bringing him in BECAUSE he fits D'Antoni's system.

We aren't in D'Antoni's system.

So, one of two things is happening:

1) the basketball media doesn't watch our team, OR
2) D'Antoni wants to try and re-insert loads of his system back into our play

How about we bring Raja Bell in because we need a shooter and defender, not because we need someone from MDA's system?

The media is easily the most annoying thing about sports...any sport.

#64 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,018 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 21, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Bell is pretty washed up, and even his 3 point shooting %s aren't stellar over the last few years. But I guess he's better than Devin Ebanks, and if it means MWP shooting a bit less, I will gladly accept that.

If this Mike D'Antoni trying to do the whole 2006 Phoenix Suns thing, I will be pissed. We already saw Artest isn't Shawn Marion, Dwight isn't Amare, etc. No need for more of that bull[expletive].

Edited by bfc1125roy, February 21, 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#65 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,773 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 21, 2013 - 10:44 PM

The problem isn't that we're trying to bring him in, it's that the media is reporting that we're bringing him in BECAUSE he fits D'Antoni's system.

We aren't in D'Antoni's system.

So, one of two things is happening:

1) the basketball media doesn't watch our team, OR
2) D'Antoni wants to try and re-insert loads of his system back into our play

How about we bring Raja Bell in because we need a shooter and defender, not because we need someone from MDA's system?

The media is easily the most annoying thing about sports...any sport.

The media has no idea why the Lakers want Raja bell which is why they use the phoenix connection as a reason.

D'antoni from his own mouth has said the Nash off ball Kobe facilitating thing is a much better and easier way than what he was trying before and we've won 7 out of 10 with it. So I doubt if he brought in Raja it would be some type of volatile plan to put the ball back in Nash's hands.

I'm willing to bet the media has no idea why the Lakers want Bell. So they go "well he played for phoenix! So its to fit dantoni's system obviously"

Eventhough we haven't ruin D'antoni"s system for the last 10+ games.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#66 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,018 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted February 21, 2013 - 10:47 PM

The media has no idea why the Lakers want Raja bell which is why they use the phoenix connection as a reason.

D'antoni from his own mouth has said the Nash off ball Kobe facilitating thing is a much better and easier way than what he was trying before and we've won 7 out of 10 with it. So I doubt if he brought in Raja it would be some type of volatile plan to put the ball back in Nash's hands.

I'm willing to bet the media has no idea why the Lakers want Bell. So they go "well he played for phoenix! So its to fit dantoni's system obviously"

Eventhough we haven't ruin D'antoni"s system for the last 10+ games.

D'Antoni's accepted it because we're winning a bit more, but he hasn't embraced it. If he had, we wouldn't need to just have Kobe post up all the time with everyone else clueless (other than Earl Clark), and he would have fixed the Nash-D12 PnR a long time ago. At this point, I'm not sure what D'Antoni is really doing out there other than letting them play to some extent, and if we wanted that why pay him, just let Bernie do it because he'll do a better job in a free flowing offense.

Honestly, if D'Antoni really bought that idea, he would have designed an offense that allows Kobe to facilitate, Nash to be open off the ball, and Dwight to post up, maybe even with Gasol if we're lucky. Then if we're extra lucky, we can start talking defensive schemes.

#67 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 11:11 PM

MDA hasn't accepted it yet, because he's still trying to run it here and there...definitely not as much as he did when he first arrived, but he's not going to ditch it. You barely see it, though.

And no, there is a small part of D'Antoni that wants Raja here because of the system. I won't deny that, and I think it's true...and also because he trusts that he'll defend well and shoot threes, and play a defined role in an offense that he's struggling to come to terms with.

But the media gives us this as the only reason, really...and it's kind of annoying.

Regarding D'Antoni...he's not doing anything special. He didn't design a secondary offense for us to flip over to as our primary. He's just putting the ball in Kobe's hands, and then giving Nash the green light to come off P&R's, and that's basically it, for the majority of the game.

Do I think the ball will be in Nash's hands more if Bell is on the floor? Probably. It's because MDA has no idea how to coach a big man in the post.

#68 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,002 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted February 22, 2013 - 09:50 AM

D'Antoni's ego is probably the biggest one in the locker room. Right, RD?

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#69 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,331 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 09:58 AM

I wish people would stop acting like we haven't been after Bell the last 3-4 years.

There's a familiarity with D'Antoni obviously but Bell has been linked to the Lakers when Brown was coach and even when Phil was coach.

#70 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,372 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted February 22, 2013 - 05:32 PM

Alex Kennedy@AlexKennedyNBA

Sources continue to say that the Lakers are interested in Raja Bell. LA hopes Bell is bought out. Bell has history Mike D'Antoni/Steve Nash.

Alex Kennedy@AlexKennedyNBA
Another veteran option for Lakers is Derek Fisher. He's training in Vegas and L.A. He retired earlier this year, but wants to resume career.

#71 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,331 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 05:35 PM

Bell is a realistic option, Fisher is not. Lakers aren't going to spend money, even if its a veterans minimum contract for a 5th point guard.

#72 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 05:39 PM

Bell is a realistic option, Fisher is not. Lakers aren't going to spend money, even if its a veterans minimum contract for a 5th point guard.

Give him a minimum contract. After he signs on the dotted line inform him he's the new coach of the lakers ;)
Posted Image

#73 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 12:42 AM

D'Antoni's ego is probably the biggest one in the locker room. Right, RD?

Nah, I'd hand it to Kobe...but players like Kobe, Jordan, and Shaq have all earned the right to put their egos on display.

D'Antoni has an ego, also, don't get me wrong...he definitely feels like THE GUY because he was the choice above the great Phil Jackson and Jerry Sloan, but part of him not changing things also has to do with simply his inability to.

#74 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,194 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted February 23, 2013 - 01:05 AM

Of all the names out there, Raja Bell is who we're supposedly pushing for?

Yeah, ok. Wow.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#75 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,528 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted February 23, 2013 - 01:18 AM

Let's see if the Jazz buyout Raja Bell and if the Lakers are gonna sign him when the waiver deadline comes on March 1st. But also to see who else is gonna get waived that day before making a move to sign Raja.

#76 mrclutch

mrclutch

Rookie

• 1,109 posts
  • Fav. Laker:michael cooper

Posted February 23, 2013 - 01:26 AM

Actually wouldn't mind this signing. A wing player that can still defend and hit the three
Also wouldn't be wasting a roster space like ebanks,Morris and sacre

#77 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,464 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 23, 2013 - 01:30 AM

Actually wouldn't mind this signing. A wing player that can still defend and hit the three
Also wouldn't be wasting a roster space like ebanks,Morris and sacre

he cant defend and he cant hit the 3 anymore

#78 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 817 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 03:45 AM

I love Fisher and all he's done for LA, but I think the ship has sailed at this point.

#79 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted February 23, 2013 - 04:48 AM

I love Fisher and all he's done for LA, but I think the ship has sailed at this point.

No need to think. That ship has definitely sailed. Lol.

Posted Image

#80 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,260 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 12:34 PM

Hakim Warrick is available.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users