Photo

Is the Lakers' bench better than last year?

Bench

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 22, 2012 - 09:32 PM

What do you think? On paper I think 100% we have a better bench than last year but playing wise, I'm not so sure yet. They just don't seem to be any better than last year.

Edited by haztronic, November 22, 2012 - 09:32 PM.

DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#2 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,768 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted November 22, 2012 - 09:39 PM

This bench is garbage, as was last year, so no...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#3 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,802 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted November 22, 2012 - 09:43 PM

Jordan Hill coming off the bench is better then our entire bench last year. So yes, it is better.

2div

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,956 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 22, 2012 - 09:43 PM

Yes on paper it is. When Meeks gets a defined role and acts like the spot up shooter he is and stops trying to dribble instead of shoot then he's very valuable to the bench. Hill is wonderful!!

In all honesty the only thing holding our bench back is Jamison's poor play. If he was even half of what we were expecting our bench would be one of the top.

Jamison's play needs to improve and Blake needs to come back, that's what's most important at this point so our entire bench can go out there and do some damage but Jamison's play is the single thing at this point that puts us over or leaves us under.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#5 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,706 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 22, 2012 - 10:01 PM

Worse atm, let's hope it doesn't remain that. I thought this bench would do wonders with Jamison and Meeks but boy I was wrong.

Jamison is basically a black Troy Murphy when he played with us last year, jacking up threes left and right. Barely showing any production
Meeks finally had ONE good game, but where was he previously? He also jacked up so many open threes didn't produce much either.
Blake sucks.
Morris has improved but still mediocre.
Hill has improved his post game and basketball in general.

So yeah, our bench is worse. I actually miss Barnes now. He gave hustle and rebounding, at least he gave some double digit point games.

Edited by ツ  , November 22, 2012 - 10:01 PM.

#6 nmacias

nmacias

Rookie

• 43 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted November 23, 2012 - 06:19 AM

I agree with the consensus, of it being a good bench on paper. No Luke Walton is going to improve any bench drastically. lol. In terms of performance thus far, this bench is garbage compared to last years.

#7 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:06 AM

It's worse now than even last year...but I think D'Antoni has the pieces to fix it.
Posted Image

#8 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:10 AM

we need to get Childress and Jack

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#9 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,598 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted November 23, 2012 - 09:15 AM

It's better. Jordan Hill/Antawn Jamison is better than Murphy/McRoberts. Meeks is better than Glock. When they start getting more minutes and consistent minutes they'll be better statistically.

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:15 AM

I think its still too early to say and this is why....

We are 6-6.

Five games were coached by Mike Brown. We all know how those rotations were and the bench was never solidified to the point where the bench was on the floor together consistently.

4 games coached by an interim coach who had some different rotations then Brown did.

Now we are two games into the D'Antoni era. In the last game against Sacramento, even though it was a loss, you can see that D'Antoni will reward players who get hot, like Meeks, and leave them in with the starters. We still have some injury's we are dealing with, so we don't have one of the bench players in Steve Blake and despite popular belief that he is trash, the guy was shooting 40% before the injury so it pay off big to have him back in the lineup. I'm not saying he is going to be a savior, but he will add some points and could see him getting up to 8 ppg in this system being a spot up shooter.

We are at 20 ppg for our bench, around the same mark as last season. But we need to give it another 10-15 games to see if they score better in this new system. I do think we'll need another bench player which will probably come by trade or bring somebody in from the D-League.

At this point, I don't see why DJO is on this team. He's a cheap garbage player, but why not bring back Goudelock or bring in CDR? Along with DJO, Clark and Ebanks are wasted space on the bench.

#11 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,952 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 23, 2012 - 12:20 PM

If Meeks can be consistent and Hill comes off of the bench, I think it would be debatable. But right now, definitely not.

Edited by -Wade-, November 23, 2012 - 12:20 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#12 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,439 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 23, 2012 - 01:28 PM

The worst pick up for the bench is jaminson. he guy is garbage. Everyone was thinking he was gona score like 10 a game. 8 is his season high am I wrong. 3.5 ppg shooting 35%. Why the hell we got this guy I have no idea. He has been killing us with his defense too.

#13 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted November 23, 2012 - 01:43 PM

The worst pick up for the bench is jaminson. he guy is garbage. Everyone was thinking he was gona score like 10 a game. 8 is his season high am I wrong. 3.5 ppg shooting 35%. Why the hell we got this guy I have no idea. He has been killing us with his defense too.

i agree, ppl were fooled with his stats last season playing for a garbage team and expected him to come here off the bench and contribute
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#14 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted November 23, 2012 - 01:50 PM

i agree, ppl were fooled with his stats last season playing for a garbage team and expected him to come here off the bench and contribute

omg hes not a SF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he played great last year at PF. twenty 20point games where he shot 45% or more , in a 66 game season... yall r ridiculous. but yes. hes a bad SF pickup,boarderline horrible

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#15 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,439 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 02:29 PM

omg hes not a SF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he played great last year at PF. twenty 20point games where he shot 45% or more , in a 66 game season... yall r ridiculous. but yes. hes a bad SF pickup,boarderline horrible

Oh yea lets forget the overall 40% shooting had though. Also he's suppose to be able to shoot from the 3 and mid range yet 22%f from the 3 and dont get me started on his mid range. Being at the 3 or 4 has nothing to do with his shooting ability.

He sucks and should have retired.

#16 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,764 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 03:16 PM

Currently, on paper our bench is better than last season. Signing Jodie Meeks & Antawn Jamison in the off-season, I was ecstatic.

Now, lol, hopefully they realize that they needs to light a fire in their butts and help relieve the starters and contribute, excluding Jordan Hill of course. He improved his game and consistently hustles.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#17 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,956 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 23, 2012 - 04:21 PM

I think its still too early to say and this is why....

We are 6-6.

Five games were coached by Mike Brown. We all know how those rotations were and the bench was never solidified to the point where the bench was on the floor together consistently.

4 games coached by an interim coach who had some different rotations then Brown did.

Now we are two games into the D'Antoni era. In the last game against Sacramento, even though it was a loss, you can see that D'Antoni will reward players who get hot, like Meeks, and leave them in with the starters. We still have some injury's we are dealing with, so we don't have one of the bench players in Steve Blake and despite popular belief that he is trash, the guy was shooting 40% before the injury so it pay off big to have him back in the lineup. I'm not saying he is going to be a savior, but he will add some points and could see him getting up to 8 ppg in this system being a spot up shooter.

We are at 20 ppg for our bench, around the same mark as last season. But we need to give it another 10-15 games to see if they score better in this new system. I do think we'll need another bench player which will probably come by trade or bring somebody in from the D-League.

At this point, I don't see why DJO is on this team. He's a cheap garbage player, but why not bring back Goudelock or bring in CDR? Along with DJO, Clark and Ebanks are wasted space on the bench.

because Mitch probably wants to keep the options open in non guaranteed contracts so he can work through trades and not have to spend extra moneuy on new contracts.

See Both DJO and Sacre are non guaranteed contracts so he doesn't have to pay them. If he cut either and brought in a new contract then it would have to be a paid one. That's why he's trying to do his work through trades before letting go of DJO and Sacre to sign someone.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#18 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,216 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted November 26, 2012 - 07:57 AM

yes its better but its still being under utilized & starters are playing too many mins. we need 10 man rotation not an 8 man!
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#19 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted November 26, 2012 - 08:08 AM

Anything is better than Josh McRoberts and Troy Murphy playing.

#20 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,439 posts

Posted November 26, 2012 - 08:57 AM

Oh yea lets forget the overall 40% shooting had though. Also he's suppose to be able to shoot from the 3 and mid range yet 22%f from the 3 and dont get me started on his mid range. Being at the 3 or 4 has nothing to do with his shooting ability.

He sucks and should have retired.

obviously jaminson read my comment cuz the day I post this he starts playing great. Keep it up dude and make me eat my words.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bench

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users