Photo

What is wrong with the Lakers' ambition?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted November 22, 2012 - 09:25 PM

It's gotta be exhausting over reacting to every win and loss.

I don't how people do it. I really don't. It's such a long season spending so much energy on every single one of the 82 games has to leave you emotionally drained. We win great I feel good, we lose it sucks but I'm not gonna cry about it. I'm just annoyed that's all. Once we get later into the season losses will start to hurt more, but it's so early.
htCCl0m.png

#22 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted November 22, 2012 - 10:50 PM

I don't how people do it. I really don't. It's such a long season spending so much energy on every single one of the 82 games has to leave you emotionally drained. We win great I feel good, we lose it sucks but I'm not gonna cry about it. I'm just annoyed that's all. Once we get later into the season losses will start to hurt more, but it's so early.

But thats just it. We're going into late November still saying "its too early". We're below 500 and we're about to come off the easiest part of our schedule. It doesn't really get any easier until April. December is tougher, but Jan/Feb is brutal. I'm prepared to take some tough losses in those months, especially in Dec, but we need to take care of teams we're suppose to beat.

The thing is, we have no true identity right now. I don't think we will have one until Nash returns. And even then it will take some time for him to get in game shape and get chemistry. You look at all the good teams in the league right now and you know exactly what their game is and how they'll beat you.

Knicks - 3's and defense
Heat - amazing ball movement and defense
Grizzlies - very physical, blue collar type team
Clippers - fast break/bench scoring
Lakers - ???? Kobe bailing us out from time to time

I know a lot of this has to do with coaching changes and injuries and so on. But I do not think it is overreacting at this point. The west is [expletive]in tough this year. Even if we get it going in late Jan, we could be looking at a 5th or 6th seed. And thats IF we get things rolling and don't have anymore major injuries!
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,107 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 22, 2012 - 11:24 PM

But thats just it. We're going into late November still saying "its too early". We're below 500 and we're about to come off the easiest part of our schedule. It doesn't really get any easier until April. December is tougher, but Jan/Feb is brutal. I'm prepared to take some tough losses in those months, especially in Dec, but we need to take care of teams we're suppose to beat.

The thing is, we have no true identity right now. I don't think we will have one until Nash returns. And even then it will take some time for him to get in game shape and get chemistry. You look at all the good teams in the league right now and you know exactly what their game is and how they'll beat you.

Knicks - 3's and defense
Heat - amazing ball movement and defense
Grizzlies - very physical, blue collar type team
Clippers - fast break/bench scoring
Lakers - ???? Kobe bailing us out from time to time

I know a lot of this has to do with coaching changes and injuries and so on. But I do not think it is overreacting at this point. The west is [expletive]in tough this year. Even if we get it going in late Jan, we could be looking at a 5th or 6th seed. And thats IF we get things rolling and don't have anymore major injuries!

Most important thing right now is that Nash is getting his legs saved and we're playing an offense it wouldn't take him long to adjust to.

That's a main focal point. when it comes to us.

The main thing I want us to define is our bench role. I'm not worried about what rhythm our starters are finding as much as our bench. Our bench needs to be able to sustain or expand leads. So them getting in a rhythm and knowing their roles in the offense is the most important thing right now.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#24 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,877 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 22, 2012 - 11:24 PM

Just make the playoffs that's all you need.

Freaking out over evey tiny portion of every game is utterly pointless.

Phil Jackson would be disappointed.

#25 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,721 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 22, 2012 - 11:28 PM

lakernation would be boring then.

#26 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 22, 2012 - 11:55 PM

Exactly what I mean. No need to make 5 threads everytime we lose a game.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, November 22, 2012 - 11:55 PM.

#27 fido

fido

• 11,877 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 12:34 AM

No it wouldn't be boring, it would be rational and a much more pleasant place. I think you'd be amazed how much you enjoy a season when you enjoy the ride instead of stressing out about every minute detail of it.

#28 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,618 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 23, 2012 - 12:36 AM

making the playoffs is a primary but u really wanna go into the playoffs at seed 5 ,6 or 7 ? come on..... NO!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#29 fido

fido

• 11,877 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 12:37 AM

Seeding doesn't matter.

Sure playing more games at home would be nice, but its not the be all end all for this team. if it is than it doesn't matter where they would wind up.

#30 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,618 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 03:04 AM

nah man

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#31 CameronStewart

CameronStewart

Rookie

• 492 posts
  • Name:Cameron

Posted November 23, 2012 - 04:57 AM

Lol at the people complaining about too many threads related to poor performance laker games.........laker games are not played every five hours, of course we are going to make threads and over analyse everything if we usually have to wait at least two days to get that old performance out our heads and onto a new game.

#32 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,018 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 06:10 AM

well overreacting is a thing, and talking about our team in a discussion forum is another ...

I would extremely understand trading demands , coaches stepping down , putting too much on a player if he missed a critical shot.

But if you are stressing things out rationally, then thats how healthy the forum is.

#33 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,077 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 23, 2012 - 06:16 AM

I think the Lakers' ambition issues are tied to a combination of Howard's back, Nash's leg, Blake's abdomen, and an early season coaching change.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#34 nmacias

nmacias

Rookie

• 43 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 06:27 AM

Bros don't blast me for this one. I love the Lakers, but I think we have to be realistic, in terms of goals. Maybe expecting a championship this season is being unrealistic. Maybe we should be aiming for going deep in the playoffs and if so, being happy with the results. Your thoughts?

#35 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,618 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 06:27 AM

Lets see how we play tonight in Memphis!!!

#36 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted November 23, 2012 - 07:27 AM

Seeding doesn't matter.

Sure playing more games at home would be nice, but its not the be all end all for this team. if it is than it doesn't matter where they would wind up.

Idk. We really aren't that great on the road. And the teams that will potentially be at the top are some tough places to play. Mainly OKC. But Memphis and San Antonio during playoff time are no joke either.

I think we at least need to get a 4th seed and try to get to the Finals how the 2010 Celtics did.
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#37 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 23, 2012 - 07:30 AM

Seeding doesn't matter.

:yeahright:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#38 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:44 AM

Bros don't blast me for this one. I love the Lakers, but I think we have to be realistic, in terms of goals. Maybe expecting a championship this season is being unrealistic. Maybe we should be aiming for going deep in the playoffs and if so, being happy with the results. Your thoughts?

No laker fan should expect less than a finals appearance with this roster. For me personally I would be pissed for anything short of the championship.

#39 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted November 23, 2012 - 10:48 AM

Unrealistic? No, not even close to being unrealistic with this roster.

This team was built to win now and next year. They are more than capable of winning a title.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users