#1 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted November 21, 2012 - 06:01 PM

A prediction obviously, but it is interesting nonetheless. There have already been scientific research toward avatars and extracting pieces of your personality. I don't like the idea, personally. It's not the evolution of humanity, but the destruction.

Edited by -Wade-, November 21, 2012 - 06:01 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#2 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 21, 2012 - 10:23 PM

Transfering your personality to a device is stupid because it's not really gonna be you it's just gonna be a computer simulation thats very similar to you. I don't think the world is going to be like this in 45 years and I wouldn't want it to all this seems like a further disconnect from nature and our physical selves.

#3 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,913 posts

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:48 PM

Transfering your personality to a device is stupid because it's not really gonna be you it's just gonna be a computer simulation thats very similar to you. I don't think the world is going to be like this in 45 years and I wouldn't want it to all this seems like a further disconnect from nature and our physical selves.

Good points most definitely. To be fair, could the mass population in the 1950's and 1960's comprehend our modern day technology, which is only about a 50 year difference? In 50 years from now, things could be waaay different. Just a thought.

With all that aside, I would never submit myself to such technology. The thought just scares me... and I'm going into compsci, haha!

Edited by -Wade-, November 21, 2012 - 11:49 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#4 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 21, 2012 - 11:52 PM

Thats true I think were capable technologically if everything was to go as they plan in the video but I don't think we'll be in a stable enough place with our probable resource and economical crisis' of the future.

But either way like you I don't like the idea of this I feel like the ppl behind this don't want to accept death or something and may not believe in a afterlife so they want a sure technological way of living forever, which like I said wont happen because it won't really be your consciousness or essence it's just a simulated version of yourself.

I will say though I do agree with this video that we do need a shift in paradigm in the way we live our lives and see the world by using the most progressive scientific breakthroughs and our wisest spiritual traditions, but I don't think this is the way to go personally.

Edited by NYCLakerfan, November 21, 2012 - 11:57 PM.

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 22, 2012 - 12:00 AM

If any of you realize the battle Will Smith had to go through when things went haywire with robots, you'll know why a lot of this is a horrible idea.

And I'm actually serious, lol.

#6 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,913 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 12:15 PM

Thats true I think were capable technologically if everything was to go as they plan in the video but I don't think we'll be in a stable enough place with our probable resource and economical crisis' of the future.

But either way like you I don't like the idea of this I feel like the ppl behind this don't want to accept death or something and may not believe in a afterlife so they want a sure technological way of living forever, which like I said wont happen because it won't really be your consciousness or essence it's just a simulated version of yourself.

I will say though I do agree with this video that we do need a shift in paradigm in the way we live our lives and see the world by using the most progressive scientific breakthroughs and our wisest spiritual traditions, but I don't think this is the way to go personally.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

If any of you realize the battle Will Smith had to go through when things went haywire with robots, you'll know why a lot of this is a horrible idea.

And I'm actually serious, lol.

Lmao omg, I was actually thinking that. I was laughing about it and simaltaneously trembling.
We have drones now. They don't control themselves, but it is obviously a start of building weapons that do not sacrifice real men.

wKNsigp.png

#7 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,595 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 23, 2012 - 02:35 PM

Lofty goals.

It'd be really cool to see some of this stuff in my lifetime.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users